What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU at Mile High is now the 2nd game for the Rams

Good or bad for CU that the Rams are playing an opener vs OSU ahead of the RMS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Within the context of it being an existing contract they wouldn't want to break, yes. The problem with a home&home setup was always that Hughes couldn't provide CU with a reasonable guarantee back.

CU can simply sell more tickets at Mile High is my point, and so can CSU for that matter. I suppose if CSU now thinks they can fork out the money to cover the difference to host CU on campus, then by all means let us play in FoCo.

Haven't found out whether their students will be sitting in the upper deck or lower bowl.

Hopefully any long term contracts with CSU are done after the current one is up. We should play them like twice a decade or something. It would make the game more interesting. Plus, no more Mile High. That place sucks. Furthermore, we have precious few OOC games now. I hate wasting one on CSU. I want to see more variety.

What kind of attendance increase should we expect for the RMS this season? The DP had last year's announced attendance at 69,850, which would leave just 6,275 seats available. I wasn't there, but were there really 69k+ in the stands last year? Does the game sellout this year?

What kind of attendance increase should we expect for the RMS this season? The DP had last year's announced attendance at 69,850, which would leave just 6,275 seats available. I wasn't there, but were there really 69k+ in the stands last year? Does the game sellout this year?
Not even close to 69K in the stands last year.

CU season ticket numbers inflate that number every year. Every season ticket at Folsom includes a RMS ticket. Alot of CU fans don't go because they, understandably, don't enjoy that game.

That being said, given CU's success last year and the "hype" around CSU (being a favorite to win the MWC), I expect this game to be very well attended this year.

CU can simply sell more tickets at Mile High is my point, and so can CSU for that matter. I suppose if CSU now thinks they can fork out the money to cover the difference to host CU on campus, then by all means let us play in FoCo.

How do you figure? The split at Invesco is about 50/50 so even with a slight edge to CU for allotment, that comes out around 40k. That is 20% less than available capacity at Folsom.

How do you figure? The split at Invesco is about 50/50 so even with a slight edge to CU for allotment, that comes out around 40k. That is 20% less than available capacity at Folsom.
Because they sell that amount every year, not every other.

CU season ticket numbers inflate that number every year. Every season ticket at Folsom includes a RMS ticket. Alot of CU fans don't go because they, understandably, don't enjoy that game.

That being said, given CU's success last year and the "hype" around CSU (being a favorite to win the MWC), I expect this game to be very well attended this year.
who says this ? Lammie Fuskers ? Last I saw SDSU and Wyoming are picked ahead of the Lambs.

Pretty sure the ticket allotments at MH are actually 50/50 I could be wrong.

who says this ? Lammie Fuskers ? Last I saw SDSU and Wyoming are picked ahead of the Lambs.
Yeah, I think Wyoming should probably be considered the favorite. Potentially the #1 overall pick playing QB. With that said, CSU fan is real hyped because of that SB Nation (maybe BR??) article ranking them something like the #8 offense in the country. I haven't talked to one CSU fan that thinks they will lose to either Oregon State or CU.... De...wait for it...lusional.

Yeah, I think Wyoming should probably be considered the favorite. Potentially the #1 overall pick playing QB. With that said, CSU fan is real hyped because of that SB Nation (maybe BR??) article ranking them something like the #8 offense in the country. I haven't talked to one CSU fan that thinks they will lose to either Oregon State or CU.... De...wait for it...lusional.
Boise will still be the favorite I believe. Most publications I see have CSU as the darkhorse to win the conference though.

Pretty sure the ticket allotments at MH are actually 50/50 I could be wrong.
It's more like 55/45. Not a huge difference, but it was one of the things Bohn did manage to get out of the deal when he renewed it.

In rough figures, CU and CSU split the stadium at the North end, and CU gets all the seats through the South end zone.

It's more like 55/45. Not a huge difference, but it was one of the things Bohn did manage to get out of the deal when he renewed it.

In rough figures, CU and CSU split the stadium at the North end, and CU gets all the seats through the South end zone.
This is correct. I believe if there was ever a year that mile high sells out tickets, it would be 2017. Both fans bases are pretty excited and the end is near for the series, so think people will attend that normally wouldn't.

Drove up to Ft. Collins and by the new CSU stadium. That stadium looks nice no questions asked. They have a new weight room for the football team which means the current weight room at the not full length indoor practice facility will be used by other CSU sports which is a plus for them. There is also a new turf practice field being built right next to the stadium so they probably will have the best football facilities hands down in the MWC. That stadium is also well hidden by all those trees and I didn't even see the stadium until I got to College Rd. If CSU had done this at least 10-15 years ago, they could have been in the Pac-12 along with the Buffs at this point.

Drove up to Ft. Collins and by the new CSU stadium. That stadium looks nice no questions asked. They have a new weight room for the football team which means the current weight room at the not full length indoor practice facility will be used by other CSU sports which is a plus for them. There is also a new turf practice field being built right next to the stadium so they probably will have the best football facilities hands down in the MWC. That stadium is also well hidden by all those trees and I didn't even see the stadium until I got to College Rd. If CSU had done this at least 10-15 years ago, they could have been in the Pac-12 along with the Buffs at this point.

No, they wouldn't be in the PAC12 with the facilities improvements.

They may be now close to the top of the MWC but their stadium is still small by P5 standards, how many P5 teams seat at or below 40K. They are also looking at at 50% increase in attendance just to get to 30k per game something that the other schools to build new on campus stadiums in recent years haven't gotten close to over the long run.

Wasn't sure where to put this, looks like we may have hired a new DB assistant of some sort?

@Buffnik have you heard anything about this guy? His twitter suggests he's now coaching here lol.

Wasn't sure where to put this, looks like we may have hired a new DB assistant of some sort?

@Buffnik have you heard anything about this guy? His twitter suggests he's now coaching here lol.

Didn't we have an opening for the GA & Ops staff since Edsall left to join his dad at UConn?

Back