What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU back on the schedule......

I think we've got to stop playing Air Force. RPI has been horrible and it's just too many MWC opponents.

Local games with CSU, UNC and DU is plenty and they're all in different conferences. Allows Tad to schedule another MWC, Big Sky or Summit opponent without overloading the schedule. Mix in a game against the WCC and/or the Big West, maybe the WAC, for regional ease. Also the AAC, C-USA and Sun Belt for a southwest opponent or two. Rest should be Power conference teams and tournament.

I think we've got to stop playing Air Force. RPI has been horrible and it's just too many MWC opponents.

Local games with CSU, UNC and DU is plenty and they're all in different conferences. Allows Tad to schedule another MWC, Big Sky or Summit opponent without overloading the schedule. Mix in a game against the WCC and/or the Big West, maybe the WAC, for regional ease. Also the AAC, C-USA and Sun Belt for a southwest opponent or two. Rest should be Power conference teams and tournament.

I'd agree there. I wouldn't mind a home-and-home with Gonzaga-Tad says he wants one more home game against a major conference opponent.

I'd agree there. I wouldn't mind a home-and-home with Gonzaga-Tad says he wants one more home game against a major conference opponent.

Would love for a Gonzaga series. There have been 2-3 players from Denver that played at Gonzaga over the years.

Would love for a Gonzaga series. There have been 2-3 players from Denver that played at Gonzaga over the years.

Just out of curiosity, who's the third - I have Boldin and Perkins, but can't think of who you are. Or maybe we're both at 2 and you're unsure about someone?

Just out of curiosity, who's the third - I have Boldin and Perkins, but can't think of who you are. Or maybe we're both at 2 and you're unsure about someone?

Yeah those 2 and couldn't remember if there was another or not.

Local games with CSU, UNC and DU is plenty and they're all in different conferences.

Agree that the Buffs should be playing these three each season.

I'd add Wyo to this list, knowing that they are in the same conference as CSU. It's always a tough game, and I believe it's good for the Buffs to have to go 40 minutes against a zone defense - it takes them out of their comfort zone. Additionally, there are going to be players from Colorado high schools on the Wyo roster.

Play at Wyo and DU this season and host UNC and CSU, reverse the next season - that would be my ideal.

In terms of getting the RPI part of the non-conference schedule right, don't be scheduling the Texas Southerns of the world if you know CSU is going to have a low RPI in a particular season. Find an opponent that will make up for it.

Beyond the locals, get some old Big12/8 foes in a home and away.

I'd add Wyo to this list, knowing that they are in the same conference as CSU. It's always a tough game, and I believe it's good for the Buffs to have to go 40 minutes against a zone defense - it takes them out of their comfort zone. Additionally, there are going to be players from Colorado high schools on the Wyo roster.

Play at Wyo and DU this season and host UNC and CSU, reverse the next season - that would be my ideal.

In terms of getting the RPI part of the non-conference schedule right, don't be scheduling the Texas Southerns of the world if you know CSU is going to have a low RPI in a particular season. Find an opponent that will make up for it.

**** Wyo. Not because it wouldn't be a good lesson, like you say... but because we get our asses handed to us in Laramie, and it's not worth the RPI cost

No need to play DU or UNC on the road more than once in a blue moon. You need a couple bodybags a year, but loading up a schedule with 5-6 of those is too much.

Back