What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU fans

From a "friend's" experience?

Hey! I never went to a real college. Sure as hell was not me at the glorified high school I went to for my degree. I chased shallow money grubbing sluts in LoDo. As long as they never saw my car and we went to their place, I did fine. That is why I rode the bus downtown. I'm no dummy. I told them my buddy drove me in his BMW and took off with John Elway. I could not blame him.

Most of the above is true.

And as you are leaving tell her your name is 4Dem.

That would be a smart move. Like having the girlfriend in Canada for you, Mtn. Can never be proven.

And the girl will never be happier.

That, my friends, is 4DB. Making women happy.

Hey! I never went to a real college. Sure as hell was not me at the glorified high school I went to for my degree. I chased shallow money grubbing sluts in LoDo. As long as they never saw my car and we went to their place, I did fine. That is why I rode the bus downtown. I'm no dummy. I told them my buddy drove me in his BMW and took off with John Elway. I could not blame him.

Most of the above is true.

That would be a smart move. Like having the girlfriend in Canada for you, Mtn. Can never be proven.

And the girl will never be happier.

That, my friends, is 4DB. Making women happy.

Don't sell it short. I got my undergrad at Metro, never lacked for attractive females and as a bonus they normally weren't all full of themselves. On the other hand way to many of them working on the Mrs. degree but I never let that get in the way.

My plan was to find and marry a hot girl who was working on being a CPA and let her keep my standard of living up. Ended up instead with a a girl from Peru who brought some suitcases full of clothing, most of which she never wore again. So much for plans.

And Canada was never a good option for me. I have way to many relatives up there.

Don't sell it short. I got my undergrad at Metro, never lacked for attractive females and as a bonus they normally weren't all full of themselves. On the other hand way to many of them working on the Mrs. degree but I never let that get in the way.

My plan was to find and marry a hot girl who was working on being a CPA and let her keep my standard of living up. Ended up instead with a a girl from Peru who brought some suitcases full of clothing, most of which she never wore again. So much for plans.

And Canada was never a good option for me. I have way to many relatives up there.

When were you at Metro?

And mods. Please move this to the island for the sake of all that went to a real school on this board. Reading the following will just make everyone stupider.

We don't need that.

Thanks.

When were you at Metro?

And mods. Please move this to the island for the sake of all that went to a real school on this board. Reading the following will just make everyone stupider.

We don't need that.

Thanks.

Started in 79, went 3 years and managed to accumulate about 50 credits and a GPA that barely kept me in school but I had a great time killing as many brain cells as possible.

Got a real job and left for a few years making a bunch of money in a corporate job. Went back in about 85 and finished in 88 with a BS in Marketing, last three years had a GPA of 3.85 while still working a full time + job so I was just a little more serious about it. Headed up to CSU to do grad school, took an overload of classes and waited for the work to begin, it never did. I had individual classes at Metro that were tougher than my entire course load for the semester in Ft. Collins.

Started in 79, went 3 years and managed to accumulate about 50 credits and a GPA that barely kept me in school but I had a great time killing as many brain cells as possible.

Got a real job and left for a few years making a bunch of money in a corporate job. Went back in about 85 and finished in 88 with a BS in Marketing, last three years had a GPA of 3.85 while still working a full time + job so I was just a little more serious about it. Headed up to CSU to do grad school, took an overload of classes and waited for the work to begin, it never did. I had individual classes at Metro that were tougher than my entire course load for the semester in Ft. Collins.

You have to be out of your friggin mind. Er... I suppose it is possible. I had two meteorology classes (that I took with Katy Sabine from 9News) that were seriously hard. Math heavy. I am mathematically retarded. Meteorology was a pretty tough class at metro. Just inherent in the discipline, I suppose.

Then there was Aviation Physics. Again... Math heavy. Kicked my ass. I had friends basically carry my ass through those classes. Not that I was not trying. They would look at my homework and just shake their heads. They had to talk to me like I was five. I was not out to copy. I just could not get it. They would walk me through it. I would get a C- on the final. Just scrape by.

Then I would take classes like American History where half the final grade would be based upon our ability to name States on a map and our Aviation Management professor would give us all of the answers prior to the test and our Aviation Tech professor would allow us to do an open book test.

It was a complete joke. The aviation department is one thing the school hangs it's hat on. It was a complete joke. I got a much better education, more professional training and understanding from FlightSafety (that was on purpose) than I ever did from those burnt out professors at Metro.

The most important thing I learned is that there is absolutely no need for a 4 year degree in aviation. If one is smart. They get a degree in something meaningful, say business for example or architecture. Engineering is another good one.

Then learn to fly on the side. So when the aviation industry takes a **** on you, and it will (unless you are like my brother and just get lucky with a lot of hard work) you have another avenue to fall back on.

When the industry shat on me... I had nothing to offer to the real world. Sure, I would work hard and all that crap but, ask me to read a spread sheet or create one? I still have no idea how to do so. I would be told, "Thank you, please drive through".

My degree has not done **** for me other than to pigeon hole me into this way of life. Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter about it. It's what I have wanted to do since I was a wee one. I just want to fly airplanes. I have made my own decisions. If I lose my medical.... I have no idea what I would do for a living. Those decisions were my own. I own them for better or worse. Knock on wood, I may have finally found a place where I may be okay for the rest of my career. As long as I can stay somewhat healthy for the next 24 years.

If it does not work out, well then...

Gather together some hookers, donkeys and midgets for a bachelor party and an allbuffs Junta traveling show I suppose.

Carpe Diem!

We had some proffs in business who had the attitude that they had to let students in but they didn't have to pass them. We did a crapload of statistical analysis and written reports and case studies.

I am sure that most of the faculty has turned over and have no idea what it is like now. I'm not going to forget spending 6-8 hours setting up single problems before putting them into the computer in quant classes and crunching numbers in finance classes.

Back