What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU game boycotters

If ticket sales are low enough, the Denver Sports Commission (or whatever it's called) can end the game after 2014.

The game experience has been so miserable the last couple years that even with a later starting time I'm wondering if they'll see a bump.

i wonder what they consider low enough? CU is going to sell 20k+ a year just by forcing them onto the season ticket holders.

There's a great concert at Fiddler's Green that day as well, but I hate Fiddler's even more than RMS in Denver

May just end up in a bar downtown if it's a hot day. hate sitting in the upper deck and forgot to upgrade my seats this year.

Go Buffs!

i wonder what they consider low enough? CU is going to sell 20k+ a year just by forcing them onto the season ticket holders.

From a post by Left Hand Buff on the Rivals board:

Either school can opt out of the contract with the Denver Metro Sports Commission after 2014 if sponsorship revenues dip below $250K annually (between 2011 and 2014). What's more, the Denver Sports Commission can drop this whole thing after the 2014 if attendance doesn't average 80% capacity over that same time period. In other words, when the money dries up for this series in Denver, the plug can be pulled.

anyone know what the sponsorship revenue numbers are? I can't imagine that Cinch Jeans paid more that $11 and free assless chaps for Bohn to wear in Destephadouche's office.

TV has not been primetime in years. I don't know how much we get paid for being on ESPN Ocho.

anyone know what the sponsorship revenue numbers are? I can't imagine that Cinch Jeans paid more that $11 and free assless chaps for Bohn to wear in Destephadouche's office.

TV has not been primetime in years. I don't know how much we get paid for being on ESPN Ocho.

This raises a good question. What piece of **** station is carrying this abomination of a game this year?

2011 was under 80% with this year most likely falling under 75%.

80% would require 60,000. They may struggle to make 70%, especially if we're talking actual attendance and not tickets forced onto season ticket holders... and it's dropping all the time...

This raises a good question. What piece of **** station is carrying this abomination of a game this year?

Its considered a Mountain West "home" game this year, so its being carried on the CBS Sports station.

In the last 3 years I doubt there has been much over 40K in the stands. The stadium has only been about half full.

How about writing letters to R. George if everyone is so unhappy. He seems receptive (Based off of Stuart's response from cuatthegame). As for not going and supporting the team because you don't want to be in Denver, that's about as shi++y as it gets. I only wished I lived anywhere close to be able to sit in that craphole stadium and watch the Buffs!

How about writing letters to R. George if everyone is so unhappy. He seems receptive (Based off of Stuart's response from cuatthegame). As for not going and supporting the team because you don't want to be in Denver, that's about as shi++y as it gets. I only wished I lived anywhere close to be able to sit in that craphole stadium and watch the Buffs!

If you loved the buffs you would live closer to them.

To boycott this games is being counterproductive to becoming relevant again. The crowd looks embarrassing on tv because how empty it is. I am going to the game because I am a true fan, not a fair weather fan. Some of you are saying that you are not going because you don't like the venue?? lmao give me a break.....if cu was a top 25 team you would go no matter what so don't sit there and say that the venue is the only reason you are not going. I also want the game back on campus but my love for the buffs supersedes the location of this game. You all want to be big time again.....do you think big time program fans would choose to stay come when they can drive 25 minutes to a game?? ....please.

I will go to the game, I will tailgate, drink with friends, watch the buffs pound the lambs, and will sing the fight song with the players when they approach the crowd to sing along. In the mean time, all you boycotters will be here begging for info on the things you couldn't see on tv.

Yeah but this one was pretty awesome.

VANCOUVER-RIOTS-2011.jpg

I hold my nose and attend the game...two years ago after the game I opened up my chair and grabbed a cold one out of the cooler... the dpd walked by and told me to get in my car and leave now... I didn't move right away and two of them spun around and stood over me and said I would be arrested if we didn't pack up and leave ( this 5 mins after the game ended)... also right in front of my two son's... my seats go from 30 rows up at the 40 yd line at folsom to the 500 level at the 20 yardline...think im happy with this game?

I love when posters accuse other posters of being bad fans when we are all on a website devoted to one of the worst college football teams in the country over the last 8 years. No regular poster here is a bad fan. Their ideas might seem extreme but we all have our experiences at Invesco good and bad.

That is good info. I cannot personally confirm that but if true it really doesn't matter and all should be out supporting CU..... CU can sell out our side and based on CSU numbers last few years we would still not make it to 80% capacity. We would just look like the better program on TV and to recruits. And I am skeptical they would cancel it. Even with low attendance the Denver sports councel is still making money and bringing 50k people downtown on a sunday night to eat, drink etc. Seems like it would take a lot for them to give that freebe up

From a post by Left Hand Buff on the Rivals board:

Either school can opt out of the contract with the Denver Metro Sports Commission after 2014 if sponsorship revenues dip below $250K annually (between 2011 and 2014). What's more, the Denver Sports Commission can drop this whole thing after the 2014 if attendance doesn't average 80% capacity over that same time period. In other words, when the money dries up for this series in Denver, the plug can be pulled.

And George is very receptive to feedback if it is respectful. I actually emailed him about that and one situation in Boulder that pisses me off and he personally responded and said he would look into it and have his assistant get back to me with the answer, but I was impressed in his first week he took the time to respond and not just a form letter.

All the regular posters seem like die hard fans.... I was hoping by starting this it would convince a few people to go.... either the die hards or someone who just occasionally checks forums for fun. Not calling anyone bad fans just trying to get our boys the support they deserve come sunday.

I love when posters accuse other posters of being bad fans when we are all on a website devoted to one of the worst college football teams in the country over the last 8 years. No regular poster here is a bad fan. Their ideas might seem extreme but we all have our experiences at Invesco good and bad.

with the 80% average necessary to prevent the shut down by the Denver sports commission, it appears that shutting down the game is not a valid reason to not go. CSU will not sell half of their allotment again, so the more CU fans the better. This will be my first time at this game as just a fan. Hopefully going to take full advantage of the later kick-off and enjoy one of the last few days of summer by watching an ass whooping provided by your Colorado Buffaloes!

Also just to mention, Rick George is a class act and is really attentive to the fans. He responded to my email a day or two after he got up here. He told me some of my concerns had already been addressed and that he would look into some things I mentioned in my email. I will miss Bohn for what he did for the band, but I think the AD is in very good hands.

Last edited:
I love this time of year - this is when everyone can tell me how bad of a fan that I am :lol:

I love this time of year - this is when everyone can tell me how bad of a fan that I am :lol:

Dio, you are a ****ty fan. Just thought you should know.

I mean its not like you help run the most comprehensive CU athletic's fan site on the planet.

All the regular posters seem like die hard fans.... I was hoping by starting this it would convince a few people to go.... either the die hards or someone who just occasionally checks forums for fun. Not calling anyone bad fans just trying to get our boys the support they deserve come sunday.

That was more or less directed at Jobuff.

I'm just here for the snacks.

Back