What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU hires New Mexico Assistant Craig Neal, or maybe Ernie Kent, or maybe someone else

JMI Sports, the search firm that CSU is paying $75,000 to assist Graham in the hiring of a new coach.
Coaching searches. 75k to find a guy who was fired in the last three years by Oregon. They didn't have to search hard for that one.
A Gulfstream jet owned by the same Broomfield-based charter company that provided a different plane for Graham and Schemmel to travel on while conducting interviews last week flew Tuesday night to the Fort Collins-Loveland airport from Rocky Mountain Airport and still was on the ground at 11:15 p.m., according to Federal Aviation Administration flight records.
Where is CSU getting the money to fly people around on private charters?

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120411/SPORTS/204110400

CSU's athletic department is being run by boosters right now. They've got money to throw at themselves and hire consultants. But they've got no clue about college sports or university politics.

CSU's athletic department is being run by boosters right now. They've got money to throw at themselves and hire consultants. But they've got no clue about college sports or university politics.

Yep - they are living off boosters, and the entire AD is run by the boosters. It is silly, cause they are going to run that well dry pretty quick.

You can bet the ADs at the true b-ball schools in the MWC are nervous right now. They are going to be pissed if CSU treats it as "money is no object" when it comes the contract for their new coach (whoever it may be).

With the boosters running the show probably every decision being made is based on how to try and keep up with CU. Sad state of affairs up there.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ts-hire-blocked-at-csu-eustachy-back-involved

So a
UNIVERSITY administrator had a problem with Kent...but is hunky dory with considering Larry "I like to drop by frat parties and drink with 21 y/o coeds" Eustachy...:wtf:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that is total bunk and Eustachy was their pick and they got into a pissing match over salary and he caved when they told him they were moving on to Kent.

Maybe they're trying to get Josh Kroenke and his money involved up there :lol:

Oh god. This is so awesome.

9edae387-a93e-4c15-9fb9-7bcb305a9c9d.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ts-hire-blocked-at-csu-eustachy-back-involved

So a
UNIVERSITY administrator had a problem with Kent...but is hunky dory with considering Larry "I like to drop by frat parties and drink with 21 y/o coeds" Eustachy...:wtf:

I'm going to go ahead and assume that is total bunk and Eustachy was their pick and they got into a pissing match over salary and he caved when they told him they were moving on to Kent.

Why is one of the tags "Colorado Buffaloes"??

How are you "mike bohn sucks at his job" people feeling right about now? Bohn's gotta be loving this almost as much as I am.

I don't get why Larry Eustachy would accept unless it's the Kroenke relationship and a bit of a pay increase.

I'm trying to wrap myself around this. In terms of program prestige, ability to recruit and upside potential for success, CSU is not even a lateral move to Southern Miss.

However, that line of thinking may not be the case with the change in the college landscape. Did C-USA just lose Memphis to the Big East for basketball? Did UCF (#3 RPI in the conference) also move to the Big East for hoops? Houston? If so, then C-USA is a pretty ****** basketball conference now. MWC is much, much stronger with UNM and UNLV.

Maybe they're trying to get Josh Kroenke and his money involved up there :lol:

This is an interesting concept, Kroenke won't even spend money on the Av's team he owns and is arguably cheap with the Nuggets.

I have to say I cannot wait for the CU-CSU game this year. I am expecting the Students to have some good signs, and a few good chants. I think I will have a few Natty lites before the game in honor of the situation.

Back