What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU hires New Mexico Assistant Craig Neal, or maybe Ernie Kent, or maybe someone else

if they end up with Eustachy out of this, proverbial sun shining on a dog's ass or whatever. i read an article about LE about a month ago that seemed to indicate USM had a lot of support...so to go from that to CSU...eh.

If it is Eustachy, this lasts 4 years max. If he's bad, he fired, if he's good, he leaves for another power conference gig.

CSU has absolutely no moral ground to stand on now. I love how their fans change their tune when they hire people like this. Had we done it they would be roasting us.

Same goes for their thug football players.

The search firm was paid for from the $350k buyout Nebraska paid when they stole Miles....

The athletic Department isn't going to go broke...Donations are at an all time high and that will only increase once the stadium is announced. Tony Frank is overall increasing the athletic budget

If it is Eustachy, this lasts 4 years max. If he's bad, he fired, if he's good, he leaves for another power conference gig.

That is why this is such a great hire for them, they have talent, he can coach and recruit. the next 4 years will show them what the ceiling is for basketball and they can then decide how much they want to invest in the program long term.

That is why this is such a great hire for them, they have talent, he can coach and recruit. the next 4 years will show them what the ceiling is for basketball and they can then decide how much they want to invest in the program long term.
We've already committed to a $20mil renovation to Moby on top of the new video boards added 2 years ago.

The search firm was paid for from the $350k buyout Nebraska paid when they stole Miles....

The athletic Department isn't going to go broke...Donations are at an all time high and that will only increase once the stadium is announced. Tony Frank is overall increasing the athletic budget

:lol:

CSU is paying 2 coaches more than you earn in TV revenue from bball and football combined. The attendance from both programs in miserable, so CSU probably isn't taking in much, if any, gate and concession revenue.

How are they paying assistants? How are they going to do marketing? How are they going to cover operating expenses?

You're right that the answer is donatons - but that isn't sustainable at a place like FoCo. There great Big12 hope won't take them now that they've inked a fresh TV deal.

The only hope CSU has is to win big within the next 3 years - and throughout that they have to basically drive attendance through the roof.

I hear that the new AD is basically clueless, and his solution is to throw money at everything - and it is beginning to turn off lots of people surrounding the program.

CSU is in the midst of a massive gambit. They could sink the AD and dry out their donors if this fails.

:stupid:

CSU is going to be good next year. They're a tourney team. Honestly, I think right now they're more likely to make the dance than we are. While I question why Eustachy would go there from USM, I don't question why CSU would go after him.

:stupid:

CSU is going to be good next year. They're a tourney team. Honestly, I think right now they're more likely to make the dance than we are. While I question why Eustachy would go there from USM, I don't question why CSU would go after him.

I am happy for the rammies with this hire, now we just need AFA to step up maybe they can get Bzdelik back he looks liek he'll be free shortly.

We've already committed to a $20mil renovation to Moby on top of the new video boards added 2 years ago.

Cool. This morning I committed to buying a luxury yacht. Just need to secure the funding, but go ahead and mark it as done.

:lol:

CSU is paying 2 coaches more than you earn in TV revenue from bball and football combined. The attendance from both programs in miserable, so CSU probably isn't taking in much, if any, gate and concession revenue.

How are they paying assistants? How are they going to do marketing? How are they going to cover operating expenses?

You're right that the answer is donatons - but that isn't sustainable at a place like FoCo. There great Big12 hope won't take them now that they've inked a fresh TV deal.

The only hope CSU has is to win big within the next 3 years - and throughout that they have to basically drive attendance through the roof.

I hear that the new AD is basically clueless, and his solution is to throw money at everything - and it is beginning to turn off lots of people surrounding the program.

CSU is in the midst of a massive gambit. They could sink the AD and dry out their donors if this fails.

:nod: It is very damaging to hire Dan Hawkins as your football coach but it is crippling to hire him as your AD.

Cool. This morning I committed to buying a luxury yacht. Just need to secure the funding, but go ahead and mark it as done.
They already have the donors, it's paid for already and the renovations start summer 2013 I believe.

Also, I am volunteering for the Athletic Dept at CSU and no one there dislikes Graham. They all speak very highly of him.

And yes, I am glad CSU found the $ tree. Money delivers wins in College athletics

:nod: It is very damaging to hire Dan Hawkins as your football coach but it is crippling to hire him as your AD.

I think they may have hired Dan Hawkins as their football coach, and as their AD :lol:

They already have the donors, it's paid for already and the renovations start summer 2013 I believe.

Also, I am volunteering for the Athletic Dept at CSU and no one there dislikes Graham. They all speak very highly of him.

And yes, I am glad CSU found the $ tree. Money delivers wins in College athletics
You know, I always bitch about my bosses to the interns. Thanks for the info, but I doubt that you are getting everyone's candid thoughts. And I don't think the people referred to were AD people.

And I would like to see a link supporting your statement. No offense, but you haven't exactly built up the cred to make declarations like that.

You know, I always bitch about my bosses to the interns. Thanks for the info, but I doubt that you are getting everyone's candid thoughts. And I don't think the people referred to were AD people.

And I would like to see a link supporting your statement. No offense, but you haven't exactly built up the cred to make declarations like that.

That's what I want to see too. We seem to have that huge donation coming in soon but no one is talking about it at all. I've seen more proof from the CU side than the CSU side of the looming big donation but CSU seems to already be spending theirs.

-Edit- Sorry about the bad grammar but I'm too lazy to fix it.

In the end, CSU needs McElwain and Eustachy (to a lesser extent) to not only succeed, but to succeed big. You can pump all the money into coaching hires and facilities as needed, but it really comes down to those two guys being really good.

(The dirty little secret is that you are going to see a lot of JUCOs and borderline academic risks to get there)

They better hope they are not left holding the bag five years from now.

It will be fascinating to watch for sure BB. I expect corners to be cut, rules to be bent, and debt to be accumulated. Maybe they're going to go with the Baylor model of success?

Actually I had heard that Moby was committed. I was just giving you some crap.

From everything I've heard, Graham's a good guy. The issue is that you've become a booster-run athletic department that is spending way beyond its sustainable means. It takes more than money and a stadium project. Consider the University of Memphis, which has a much larger home base population, is closer to better recruiting, and had FedEx not only fund a great stadium but offer millions to any BCS conference that would take them in expansion. They suck and they draw no fans. Big East did take them, but it was slim pickings for them at that point. At least they had a rivalry with Louisville that might keep the Cardinals in the conference.

They couldn't consistently draw 30k a game when Sonny had them ranked #14 in the country. They had a tourney team this year in basketball and didn't come close to consistently filling Moby.

You can spend all the money you want but they don't have the interested fan base to back it up.

This is all going to end very badly from a financial standpoint for them.

They can dream all they want but the Big XII doesn't want them, the Big East doesn't want them and is sliding backwards as it is, and the MWC is not financially viable at the level CSU wants to be at.

they already have the donors, it's paid for already and the renovations start summer 2013 i believe.

Also, i am volunteering for the athletic dept at csu and no one there dislikes graham. They all speak very highly of him.

And yes, i am glad csu found the $ tree. Money delivers wins in college athletics

j.r.k.?

Actually I had heard that Moby was committed. I was just giving you some crap.

From everything I've heard, Graham's a good guy. The issue is that you've become a booster-run athletic department that is spending way beyond its sustainable means. It takes more than money and a stadium project. Consider the University of Memphis, which has a much larger home base population, is closer to better recruiting, and had FedEx not only fund a great stadium but offer millions to any BCS conference that would take them in expansion. They suck and they draw no fans. Big East did take them, but it was slim pickings for them at that point. At least they had a rivalry with Louisville that might keep the Cardinals in the conference.

http://www.facilities.colostate.edu/files/forms/program_plans/moby.pdf

Here is the Moby upgrades.

As a side note: The graphic depictions of their concourse and hilariously hideous.

Back