What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU investigation determined that coach Larry Eustachy intimidated and emotionally abused players

Larry? Short Tempered and Violent?

200.webp

Tell me if I'm wrong here. This happened 3-4 years ago, they couldn't fire him for cause (too broke to fire staight out), he did some required therapy, and all is good. Right?

Yet still employed and no media attention to this.

Shows you how irrelevant they are.

Meanwhile, we've got national media attention on CU because they let a guy call plays in a game after his GF told the HC that the assistant was abusive.

Tell me if I'm wrong here. This happened 3-4 years ago, they couldn't fire him for cause (too broke to fire staight out), he did some required therapy, and all is good. Right?

Yes. Someone either FOIA'd CSU about this or an admin staffer dropped it by the Coloradan.

Seems pretty unfair to unload this now after so much time but what do I know. They weren't going to fire him owing that much money unless it was 100% sure they wouldn't have to pay the buyout but apparently he did what was asked of him.

"Larry is a dick? No ****." -- Said everyone

... and just a very weird and strange guy to boot. Almost looks like and invalid when he speaks in his post-game press conferences or does an interview. On the same mental weirdness level as Mike Leach, kind of, but at least Mike Leach can perk up and talk normal when interviewing or talking to the media.

A few things:
1. No surprise that Eustachy is an ass. But a fantastic coach.
2. Probably unfair to lift this after 4 years from his personal file.
3. Whoever leaked it has an ax to grind. Manipulative to release this after csu got to first in the mwc, in a sports dead period after the Super Bowl. Residual internal strife from a disgruntled former employee?

A few things:
1. No surprise that Eustachy is an ass. But a fantastic coach.
2. Probably unfair to lift this after 4 years from his personal file.
3. Whoever leaked it has an ax to grind. Manipulative to release this after csu got to first in the mwc, in a sports dead period after the Super Bowl. Residual internal strife from a disgruntled former employee?

This post would be great at ramnation....

Iowa State beat writer for the Des Moines Register said this is no surprise. It's basically what he did at Iowa State

this subject has me thinking, what other hoops coaches were well-known for constantly berating players?

Bobby Knight wins this category, as noted above
Gary Williams was another
There was a head coach for Richmond known for this as well, a quick search didn't trigger my memory

Back