What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU not ****ing around for once...McElwain expected to be announced as thier coach

CSU has two commits so far.

CSU did pull Lubejob from Miami as a DC so its not like they haven't attracted a coordinator at a football power before

CSU has two commits so far.

CSU did pull Lubejob from Miami as a DC so its not like they haven't attracted a coordinator at a football power before

2 commits so far, and a HC that won't be available to recruit until almost mid-January. But with one hell of a reason to give recruits when he gets there. Getting Alford in there to take over recruiting until McElwain arrives would probably be a really good idea for them...

I want to know how much Stryker is donating to them to make this possible. Financing this effort to get into the Big12 privately for the number of years required to make it happen is going to be EXTREMELY expensive, and the financials just don't make sense.

This is a better hire than CU made - period. Only the blindest homer in the world could look at this season and think that CU was putting together something special.

Csu coach hired

I just saw on ESPN that CSU has hired Bama OC Jim McElwain. First of all big name for CSU to pull to Fort Collins. He may actually have the ability to turn CSU around a little. In fact he was one of the people I was hoping CU would be looking at last year. But there is a big downside I see to this hire.I think CSU may turn around and be successful with Jim, BUT he is a Bama coordinator and if he is successful at CSU he will be getting a real HC job real quick. I think if he is at all successful he will be at CSU for less than 4 years. I see this hire by CSU simply as a stretch to try to get something moving in the right direction before they inevitably lose this coach. If a big name coach with a Bama pedigree doesn't turn it around tho CSU may find themselves in the crapper for the next couple decades...... they are never gonna be able to lure another big name here if Jim can't get it rolling IMO.

Anything that puts pressure on the CU admin to get their sh*t together is a good thing. Good for CSU.

I'll trace a chalk line around your dead ****ing body, you ****!

I demand a professional job. Make the lines crisp and uniform using the authorized style guidelines.
a6934810-6477-b86e.jpg

why is everybody assuming that stryker is donating money?

because they have ****** attendance to their football games, so they money won't be coming from ticket sales. None of their other sports make any money and I believe they make less than $2 million a year by being in the Mountain West. So it has to be coming from someone's pockets.

They should be. The hire is nice, but what they should really be happy about is that apparently their administration is going to commit to excellence. However, until they raise a cent for an on campus stadium, this is a short term thing.

They should be. The hire is nice, but what they should really be happy about is that apparently their administration is going to commit to excellence. However, until they raise a cent for an on campus stadium, this is a short term thing.

But at least they know what the ultimate goal is now.

2009, when Bohn got shot down, McElwein was his guy. He was also interviewed last year, but Bohn basically bowed to outside pressure in hiring Embree. He wanted McE first and foremost.
Hmmm, not exactly. Maybe before any interviews occurred.

That has gotta be the most comments I've ever seen for an article about CSU. I think CSU found their Tim Tebow. Who knows if they will be great long term but people are talking. Bravo Graham. Bravo.

Back