What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU not ****ing around for once...McElwain expected to be announced as thier coach

because they have ****** attendance to their football games, so they money won't be coming from ticket sales. None of their other sports make any money and I believe they make less than $2 million a year by being in the Mountain West. So it has to be coming from someone's pockets.

Last edited:
They are spending waaaaaayyyyy too much without having private sources IMO

It's a good hire for them. I think they have much bigger problems than who their head coach is. Our side, need to get our **** together in the facilities arm race. Stop talking about it and get the **** done already. Should be no excuses with the money thats about to start rolling in. They dont have to be world class like the **** Tennessee and Oregon have done. Just nice, solid facilities and combine that with what Boulder already has, should sell itself.

It's a good hire for them. I think they have much bigger problems than who their head coach is. Our side, need to get our **** together in the facilities arm race. Stop talking about it and get the **** done already. Should be no excuses with the money thats about to start rolling in. They dont have to be world class like the **** Tennessee and Oregon have done. Just nice, solid facilities and combine that with what Boulder already has, should sell itself.

While in theory they don't need to be world class, if CU actually gets off its **s and decides to upgrade the facilities they better be something special. I write this only because we know darn good and well it will be a very long time before they dump more money into facilities. If we are going to spend the money we should try and be a little ahead of the curve.

However, my post is worthless because I currently believe CU has no interest in spending the money required. Population demographics suggest competition for college students will only rise significantly in the future. An investment in athletics is an investment in healthy student body numbers. I've seen no evidence CU understands this.

How much would it deflate CSU's news if we released our facility upgrade plans today?

I don't think much. They have every right to be excited about the new coach. I think it would be more appropriate to wait till maybe January to release any major facility upgrade news so as not to look kind of pathetic by trying to steal their thunder.

CU got royally screwed last year in that Embree was announced the same day McD was fired by the Broncos and received absolutely zero local media coverage because of this.

It's still CSU. No fanbase, little talent, no fan support...wait I already said that. Not concerned.

How much would it deflate CSU's news if we released our facility upgrade plans today?

What actual plans? Outside of new scoreboards for next year I haven't seen or heard of anything resembling any type of actual effort to make it happen. Paige put out the 50 million dollar donor club story going on 2 years ago this coming January and we haven't seen squat from it. The only plans I've seen were from 10 years ago and thats all they were, plans.

Congratulations to CSU. Looks like a potentially good hire. And it creates a nice buzz for them. I hope that he is successful up there. CU needs to more worried about what Oregon and USC are doing then worrying about what CSU is doing.

Fortunately CU is not engaged with many (any?) 2012 recruiting battles with CSU. It would be a bad, bad thing, however, if Embree lost a recruit to McElwain.

In the mean time, lets pause and take another moment to appriciate CU's standardized brand campaign.
a6934812-a792-35b0.jpg

It's not like that $780K on the cu logo and style guidelines couldn't have been spent towards Embree's compensation or towards stadium renovations at Folsom.
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_17152265

I mean with brand conformity, CU has never been more shoulder to shoulder. This important point often gets overlooked. Our leadership gets what is important.

Think about it. CSU is spending like a drunken sorority girl using daddy's credit cards. With their new coach at CSU and a proposal to build a $100M stadium on campus, CSU just falls farther and farther behind in the standardized logo arms race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to CSU. Looks like a potentially good hire. And it creates a nice buzz for them. I hope that he is successful up there. CU needs to more worried about what Oregon and USC are doing then worrying about what CSU is doing.

perfect response +1 and asu, az, ucla, uu, osu, wsu, wu, cal, etc...

So, SIAP, the rammies are going to build a 50,000 seat stadium on campus, double the assistants salaries, and try to get into a BCS conference? OK, Bohn/Bensen/Distefano. Your turn.

^^^^Bensen, Dr. Phil and Bon-Bon aren't about to stick their necks out...I expect the boldest move you'll see will be them sticking their fingers in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.

CSU could raise money by whoring themselves to creditscore.com.
That guy in the middle would be more frightening in an alfalfa and pumkin colored leotard.

a693481d-dccd-74c0.jpg

what kind of a hell-hole must alabama be and what kind of a merciless evil d-bag must old nick satan be for this guy to want out THIS badly?

seriously, did they interview him in boulder and not show him around fort flatlands? the thought of living in the fort and coaching in front of 5k fans in that depressing concrete mausoleum on the prairie would be enough to make me want to off myself. yet, he thought it was an upgrade.

new stadiums and visions of bcs glory dancing in their heads, the cold hard facts remain: they have a long, long way to go. they don't meet the attendance requirements, the academic requirements, the overall sports and budget requirements, etc. of a major conference. this is an excellent hire and a great first step on that road, but it is still a very long ****ing road. and, most importantly, it requires buy-in from a fanbase that is utterly disinterested in supporting their athletics programs, except for one game a year agains us. and, even more importantly, it requires this desultory and often confused fanbase to support this path with long term and sustained levels of giving that they have never, ever demonstrated a willingness to do.

let's not slit our wrists quite yet. by the time they get their **** together, assuming they do miraculously pull it all together, we will be rolling in p12 greenbacks and riding high. well, higher than usual. facilities will be upgraded, et al. because, where the sheep have merely dreams and aspirations and the can-do spirit of a new youthful and pollyannish athletic director, we have actual REVENUE GROWTH.

life, as always, is just ****ing grand. i recommend more whisky. stat.

what kind of a hell-hole must alabama be and what kind of a merciless evil d-bag must old nick satan be for this guy to want out THIS badly?

seriously, did they interview him in boulder and not show him around fort flatlands? the thought of living in the fort and coaching in front of 5k fans in that depressing concrete mausoleum on the prairie would be enough to make me want to off myself. yet, he thought it was an upgrade.

new stadiums and visions of bcs glory dancing in their heads, the cold hard facts remain: they have a long, long way to go. they don't meet the attendance requirements, the academic requirements, the overall sports and budget requirements, etc. of a major conference. this is an excellent hire and a great first step on that road, but it is still a very long ****ing road. and, most importantly, it requires buy-in from a fanbase that is utterly disinterested in supporting their athletics programs, except for one game a year agains us. and, even more importantly, it requires this desultory and often confused fanbase to support this path with long term and sustained levels of giving that they have never, ever demonstrated a willingness to do.

let's not slit our wrists quite yet. by the time they get their **** together, assuming they do miraculously pull it all together, we will be rolling in p12 greenbacks and riding high. well, higher than usual. facilities will be upgraded, et al. because, where the sheep have merely dreams and aspirations and the can-do spirit of a new youthful and pollyannish athletic director, we have actual REVENUE GROWTH.

life, as always, is just ****ing grand. i recommend more whisky. stat.

I have to laugh at buff fans acting all worried that the sheep are talking big and hired JM. Sure he's better than what anyone thought they would get but as usual csu fans acting like they got the grestest coach in the history of football. I'll believev it when I see it with an on stadium campus and in the end who cares. CU needs to focus on CU and teams like USC and Oregon. We've been saying we need the administration and the so-called big time donors to step up for years, nothing new.

I have to laugh at buff fans acting all worried that the sheep are talking big and hired JM. Sure he's better than what anyone thought they would get but as usual csu fans acting like they got the grestest coach in the history of football. I'll believev it when I see it with an on stadium campus and in the end who cares. CU needs to focus on CU and teams like USC and Oregon. We've been saying we need the administration and the so-called big time donors to step up for years, nothing new.

Exactomundo.

The college football universe is a much different place than it was two years ago. This is the first of a series of moves CSU absolutely positively withoutadoubt has to make if it intends to take part. Will it work? Time will tell. But if CU seizes its opportunities and makes the most of being on the leading edge of the revolution (i.e. begins to invest all those PAC$ wisely), CU will take care of itself. Maybe someday soon the CU-CSU game will once again feature a pair of meaningful teams. Until then, the rams still suck.

by the way, i've been thinking of an appropriate nickname for the new csu coach.

i think i've settled on: "Saban's Escaped Gimp" or cseg (for bama charlie).

let me try that for awhile and see if it works.

My thing is "why does csu seem to have a vision and not CU?" I'm not "worried" about them in the least.

Back