What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pregame Thread

I plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

I've never actually watched that movie. Clips of it here and there, but never the whole thing.

And despite throwing myself on the mercy of the court, I will not watch the whole movie as punishment. I would rather shave my head with a cheese grater.

I've never actually watched that movie. Clips of it here and there, but never the whole thing.

And despite throwing myself on the mercy of the court, I will not watch the whole movie as punishment. I would rather shave my head with a cheese grater.

Then your punishment has been set. Prepare thine cheese grater.

Have you seen 1900?

Report from Lamb Nation:

RS-Jr WR Jordon Vaden (higgins backup), doubtful
SR DL Terry Jackson (starting NT), doubtful

EDIT:

Sounds like Higgins is still hobbled. Would be huge if he was out for the game.

Last edited:
-Couple of things that are incorrect in your post. The Umass QB is certainly not terrible and is light years better than what CsU has to offer. Last season Fronhapfel threw for over 3,300 yards and 24 TDs, the guy knows how to play the position.

- About CSU "lighting up" their first opponent. You failed to mention that opponent was Savannah State, who didn't win a single game last year. Not one. They lost to NC A&T 34-0. They lost to Bethune-Cookman by 4 TDs and lost to ******* Howard by 30. So forgive me for not thinking that game says anything about CSU. Oh, and GA Southern beat them 83-9.

- Stevens was pulled last week and looked terrible, it was questionable if he would even start this week, so how is he a better leader than Senior Fronhapfel or Max Wittek? I really think you're coming out of left field with the, "Stevens is going to get good coaching this week". How do you know? So what if he does? Do our coaches plan on not giving good coaching this week?

- I certainly am worried about the outcome of the game but it has nothing to do with Nick Stevens.

And Cody Hawkins is the all time leader in CU passing touchdowns. He has a poor completion percentage and is playing against weak competition.

And Cody Hawkins is the all time leader in CU passing touchdowns. He has a poor completion percentage and is playing against weak competition.

That is a dumb argument though, he is playing against weak competition but his team similar talent so what does it matter? There are plenty of good QBs in the lower conference levels.

This whole "comparative score" argument is so bogus. "Minnesota only lost to TCU by 7, blah, blah, blah." Jacksonville State took Auburn to OT at Auburn. Texas-San Antonio only lost to Arizona by 10, 42-32, in Tucson. Ohio St. was only up on Hawaii 17-0 after 3 quarters. This all means diddly squat.

This whole "comparative score" argument is so bogus. "Minnesota only lost to TCU by 7, blah, blah, blah." Jacksonville State took Auburn to OT at Auburn. Texas-San Antonio only lost to Arizona by 10, 42-32, in Tucson. Ohio St. was only up on Hawaii 17-0 after 3 quarters. This all means diddly squat.

Are we going to win this game or what DBT? That's all I really care about

Okay ... I've been meaning to ask this for some time now, and this seems to be as fitting a thread as any, since we have a relevant pic. WTF is that door-looking thingy on the front of the helmet the girl is working on? It seems to be only on the newest models of that manufacturers helmets.

Okay ... I've been meaning to ask this for some time now, and this seems to be as fitting a thread as any, since we have a relevant pic. WTF is that door-looking thingy on the front of the helmet the girl is working on? It seems to be only on the newest models of that manufacturers helmets.

It's the new Riddell Speedflex helmet. It allegedly is supposed to absorb the force of impact and reduce concussions, although it's probably just a marketing gimmick.

http://www.riddell.com/shop/on-field-equipment/helmets/riddell-speedflex-helmet.html

The only CSU fan to drop by and talk some smack is ramfan? (and he was way too reasonable to call it smack). Sad times.

I want all their starters out there. I don't want to beat a lesser opponent. I don't want any excuses. Certainly don't want to be questioning if this is a quality win.

I want all their starters out there. I don't want to beat a lesser opponent. I don't want any excuses. Certainly don't want to be questioning if this is a quality win.

If we can't use our injuries as an excuse, neither can they. Just win.

All of their starters can be out for all I care if it helps the Buffs. Nobody cares 1 year from now, let alone 5 years from now who played. Only thing that matters is scoreboard.

Well, if we come out and just hammer them - that would erase all questioning. and I mean hammer the shjt out of them.

Would like to see some screen passes, especially to carr. You know csu is going to load up the box and pressure big time.

Would like to see some screen passes, especially to carr. You know csu is going to load up the box and pressure big time.
yep .... really haven't seen the screen to the RB the first two games...

maybe we see a bit more of the playbook tomorrow night ?

Back