What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU RB Alexander Leaves Team

Not trying to condescend here given our programs failures over the last decade but who is Bibbs? I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever even heard his name? That said, I do not follow CSU other than to watch CU beat them and root against them in the Wyoming game.

Not trying to condescend here given our programs failures over the last decade but who is Bibbs? I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever even heard his name? That said, I do not follow CSU other than to watch CU beat them and root against them in the Wyoming game.

Flash in the pan CSU RB. He was a JUCO IIRC who came on strong mid-part of last year. Actually a pretty decent RB and may even get a look at the NFL. He left CSU as soon as possible after the one partial year he played there, like any sane person with alternatives would.

He was a player that had too much integrity to leave for the NFL. And then left for the NFL because he had so much integrity.

I still think that he and the school might come under fire for his ACT scores and now was a great time to get out.

Flash in the pan CSU RB. He was a JUCO IIRC who came on strong mid-part of last year. Actually a pretty decent RB and may even get a look at the NFL. He left CSU as soon as possible after the one partial year he played there, like any sane person with alternatives would.

He was actually more than a flash in the pan. He had 1700+ yards and 31TDs last year. Was first in the NCAA in Rushing TD's last year. He is a decent back for sure. They had a senior laden OL line last year that helped. Should have stayed and got himself in the 3rd round range. Will probably be in the 6-7th round this year.

**FYI, not a CSU fan, just giving credit where credit is due.

He was actually more than a flash in the pan. He had 1700+ yards and 31TDs last year. Was first in the NCAA in Rushing TD's last year. He is a decent back for sure. They had a senior laden OL line last year that helped. Should have stayed and got himself in the 3rd round range. Will probably be in the 6-7th round this year.

**FYI, not a CSU fan, just giving credit where credit is due.

Give me a sec

He may have had more yards from scrimmage than he had minutes spend in class or studying.

Heard a rumor that in addition to his questionable ACT score he was not quite the dedicated student, as in even they probably wouldn't have been able to keep him eligible for next year, even if they used SEC style methods.

Would have loved to have a back rush for 1742 yards at 6.2 yards a carry and 31 TDs. Just saying. Yes, against lesser competition but still nice.

It would be nice but every school with a pulse kept him under 100 yards.

I am with you. Those are great numbers at any D-1 school. I just browsed the thread and caught the relationship to Derick Thomas. His death was a bona fide tragedy and if I am remembering correctly, he left this world basically broke. Thoughts and prayers for this kid going forward. As a human being, he's had a lot to recover from and it sounds like he is making an effort.

Versus BCS Teams (3 Games)
16 Att (16.7%) 84 Yds (14.4%) 4.4 Ypc (-28.3%) 2 Tds (16.1%)

Versus Top 100 Rush Defenses (4 Games)
20 Att (28.1%) 94 Yds (21.5%) 5.3 Ypc (-14.3%) 2 Tds (19.4%)

Versus 101 Rush Defense or Lower (8 games)
23 Att (66.2%) 163 Yds (75%) 7.0 Ypc (12.6%) 3 Tds (77.4%)

Numbers in parentheses are % of his total numbers in that category. For Ypc it is the percent change from his season average to the number. Good numbers, but they're heavily skewed by the weak competition.

I am with you. Those are great numbers at any D-1 school. I just browsed the thread and caught the relationship to Derick Thomas. His death was a bona fide tragedy and if I am remembering correctly, he left this world basically broke. Thoughts and prayers for this kid going forward. As a human being, he's had a lot to recover from and it sounds like he is making an effort.

If you really are interested - this is a good highlight of him against Washington State and pretty much sums up his game: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=333550036&vid=10176969

The kids game is all balance. He takes a lot of hits, but is able to keep his legs moving until he finds open space. In the highlight Deone Bucannon (a projected 2nd-3rd round safety) fills the hole really well, but doesn't get a clean strike on him. Bibb's bounces to space and has just enough to speed to outrun the corner (a border line NFL prospect). Bibbs doesn't have the elite speed to make him a sure fire back at the next level, but his feet and balance will likely get him on an NFL roster or practice squad to start the year.

Last edited:
If you really are interested - this is a good highlight of him against Washington State and pretty much sums up his game: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=333550036&vid=10176969

The kids game is all balance. He takes a lot of hits, but is able to keep his legs moving until he finds open space. In the highlight Deone Bucannon (a projected 2nd-3rd round safety) fills the hole really well, but doesn't get a clean strike on him. Bibb's bounces to space and has just enough to speed to outrun the corner (a border line NFL prospect). Bibbs doesn't have the elite speed to make him a sure fire back at the next level, but his feet and balance will likely get him on an NFL roster or practice squad to start the year.

Csquared: all rules have exceptions, and you're the exception that proves the truth of the "all CSU fans are poorly informed idots" rule. I sort of wish Gasm was the exception and you were the rule; it would definitely make for a better "rivalry."

Csquared: all rules have exceptions, and you're the exception that proves the truth of the "all CSU fans are poorly informed idots" rule. I sort of wish Gasm was the exception and you were the rule; it would definitely make for a better "rivalry."

+1 Csquared brings the argument based on facts stats, etc. have to respect that, most of the CSU fans that show up here just blather......

CUs Bowl Game is the CSU game nowadays. At least CSU can still salvage a good season W or L in the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

I heard that the "tragic incident" was missing his sisters Birthday Party. And momma wasn't too happy about it.

CUs Bowl Game is the CSU game nowadays. At least CSU can still salvage a good season W or L in the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
:rofl:thats why at CSU parties they always chant **** CU. Other than that week we don't even think about you guys, except the idiot who started this thread...

Back