What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

CSU Prez already said if there was enough opposition they wouldn't go through with a new stadium

At work, we love to get requirements that are as wish-washy as "enough" - meaning we define them and do whatever we want. Point being: that's a meaningless statement.

CSU Prez already said if there was enough opposition they wouldn't go through with a new stadium
Talk about giving yourself an easy out. Now they won't have to say "we couldn't raise enough money" or "we realized that we'll never be an AQ conference even if we do this," they can say "yeah, there was too much 'opposition' so we decided to not pursue it."

Talk about giving yourself an easy out. Now they won't have to say "we couldn't raise enough money" or "we realized that we'll never be an AQ conference even if we do this," they can say "yeah, there was too much 'opposition' so we decided to not pursue it."

Pretty good idea. Blame the residents of Ft. Collins and not your program.

wouldn't a stadium on CSU's campus actually reduce traffic on game day? I think the 20 students that actually go have to drive to the stadium now and in the future they can just walk.

wouldn't a stadium on CSU's campus actually reduce traffic on game day? I think the 20 students that actually go have to drive to the stadium now and in the future they can just walk.

Yes it would. Figuring that 1/3 of the people in the stadium at any one time in Ft. Fun are students, the fact that the majority of the fans could walk to the game instead of driving to it (on the two two-lane roads that currenty lead to their stadium) would cut down dramatically on the traffic. Plus, there would be more access roads. The traffic issue is absurd.

Yes it would. Figuring that 1/3 of the people in the stadium at any one time in Ft. Fun are students, the fact that the majority of the fans could walk to the game instead of driving to it (on the two two-lane roads that currenty lead to their stadium) would cut down dramatically on the traffic. Plus, there would be more access roads. The traffic issue is absurd.

It would reduce overall traffic. But it would increase traffic in the area of campus. The students would no longer have to drive, but they would be replaced on the streets around campus by twice as many (by your count) people driving to campus instead of out to Hughes.

The people along the 2 lane roads leading out to the stadium aren't likely to be among the protestors...

It would reduce overall traffic. But it would increase traffic in the area of campus. The students would no longer have to drive, but they would be replaced on the streets around campus by twice as many (by your count) people driving to campus instead of out to Hughes.

The people along the 2 lane roads leading out to the stadium aren't likely to be among the protestors...

This is true, as well as increase the number of people parking in nearby neighborhoods etc. and parking will be an issue. Parking around the CSU campus now is a problem, add the crowd (granted hard to call that few people a crowd) for a football game and you will inevitibly see parking issues.

This after they worked so hard to install asphalt and those trees out at Hughes:lol:

This is true, as well as increase the number of people parking in nearby neighborhoods etc. and parking will be an issue. Parking around the CSU campus now is a problem, add the crowd (granted hard to call that few people a crowd) for a football game and you will inevitibly see parking issues.

This after they worked so hard to install asphalt and those shrubs out at Hughes:lol:
fixed for accuracy. And, let's not forget that sweet gate.

Looks like Mick was at the stadium meeting.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]We will have even more students urinating in our
neighborhoods. "All of the drunk people who come out of the
stadium will have to urinate somewhere. And it's going to be in
your yard."
[/FONT]

We will have even more students urinating in our
your yard."

Holy **** that is allsome!

We will have even more students urinating in our
your yard."

the nerve of some people, they get their yard watered (and possibly fertilized) for FREE and they have the stones to complain about it.

And Bama Chuck thinks we don't take our football seriously enough. Can you imagine having this kind of discourse in Tuscaloosa (or Knoxville, Athens, Gainesville, Baton Rouge...)?

News flash - you live next to a college campus. They're talking about 6 days out of 365, and you're throwing a hissy fit? Amazing.

How about six nights/days a year they get off their asses and go to the games? Seriously, wtf is wrong with these people? If they didn't enjoy the college atmosphere, then what were they thinking when they moved in right next to a college campus? This is ludicrous. Can you imagine the folks who live across the street from Folsom bitching about gameday traffic? Most of them throw big parties and go to the games.

I was wondering the same thing - they bought those houses with full knowledge... surely there are other events on campus that draw traffic.

How about six nights/days a year they get off their asses and go to the games? Seriously, wtf is wrong with these people? If they didn't enjoy the college atmosphere, then what were they thinking when they moved in right next to a college campus? This is ludicrous. Can you imagine the folks who live across the street from Folsom bitching about gameday traffic? Most of them throw big parties and go to the games.

I sometimes think that Fort Collins residents don't deserve CSU. Some will stand in the way of anything the University wants to do.

not trying to start anything but what does CSU do for fort collins?

The economic impact of a University that size on Fort Collins is incredible. Outside of providing direct employment for Fort Collins residents, the University also brings in nearly 25,000 students all who participate and spend money in the local economy. The University's expenditures in research and development also leads to the start of small businesses, many of which set up in the City of Fort Collins. CSU and CU alike have an extremely positive impact on their communities as a whole. I just wish some Fort Collins residents understood that fact.

The economic impact of a University that size on Fort Collins is incredible. Outside of providing direct employment for Fort Collins residents, the University also brings in nearly 25,000 students all who participate and spend money in the local economy. The University's expenditures in research and development also leads to the start of small businesses, many of which set up in the City of Fort Collins. CSU and CU alike have an extremely positive impact on their communities as a whole. I just wish some Fort Collins residents understood that fact.
was joke. you did not like?

do the kids actually spend that much? I have the same thoughts about CU, but thinking realistically what do students really contribute to the local economy? I think I got by spending less than $1000 a month, now I can blow through $6000/month pretty easy.

do the kids actually spend that much? I have the same thoughts about CU, but thinking realistically what do students really contribute to the local economy? I think I got by spending less than $1000 a month, now I can blow through $6000/month pretty easy.

Its been a while since I have seen an economic impact study, but students contribute millions in revenue to their respective cities every year. I wish I had the actual figures because I remember being suprised by the amount when I read it.

Its been a while since I have seen an economic impact study, but students contribute millions in revenue to their respective cities every year. I wish I had the actual figures because I remember being suprised by the amount when I read it.

that is because there is 25k of them, so if they each average 1k

25k *1k = 25 Million per month in revenue for bars, burrito shops, etc.

The economic impact of having a good sized university in a city is incredible. There's a built-in tax base that doesn't need jobs, but has disposable income to buy stuff that gets taxed. The jobs that are created are significant, but the money spent by the students is the real kicker. You think Boulder would be what it is without CU? Not even close. Remember Boulder's history - it was a supply town for the mines up in Nederland and Caribou. Once those mines closed down, Boulder would have been nothing had it not had the University. You think NCAR, IBM and the bureau of standards would be in Boulder if CU wasn't there? Same thing goes for Ft. Collins. That town would be nothing if not for CSU. It wouldn't have the industry it has. It wouldn't have the tax base or the population. They owe their very existence to that university.

Back