What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

The economic impact of having a good sized university in a city is incredible. There's a built-in tax base that doesn't need jobs, but has disposable income to buy stuff that gets taxed. The jobs that are created are significant, but the money spent by the students is the real kicker. You think Boulder would be what it is without CU? Not even close. Remember Boulder's history - it was a supply town for the mines up in Nederland and Caribou. Once those mines closed down, Boulder would have been nothing had it not had the University. You think NCAR, IBM and the bureau of standards would be in Boulder if CU wasn't there? Same thing goes for Ft. Collins. That town would be nothing if not for CSU. It wouldn't have the industry it has. It wouldn't have the tax base or the population. They owe their very existence to that university.

This multiplier effect is huge. The student money supports a large base of small business that creates an environment of creativity businesswise. Also huge is the "Brain power" impact that comes from highly educated individuals who work at the university also creating or working in the private sector as well as university graduates who like the town/city well enough to stay or return as they build their businesses.

Sacky mentions NCAR, and the NBOS, in Boulder and you could add NCAR and some other governmental enterprises. Also IBM and you could add Ball and some other major corporations but to that add the small to medium size high tech and research businesses that are in Boulder. I would bet that most of them have a CU connection in terms of founders and/or management.

This all could be translated to Ft. Collins as well.

Despite all this I am not convinced that the cost of building a new stadium for CSU is justified. It would be better than what they have but that better isn't going to be millions of dollars better, they will still be CSU on the field no matter where that field is and they will still struggle to be relevant.

Denver Post article says that no taxes or state funds will be used for the stadium

FORT COLLINS — No state fees or taxes will be used to pay for Colorado State University's proposed new on-campus stadium. The stadium, if built, also will not be built on existing green space nor spoil anyone's view of the mountains.

Read more:CSU says no taxes or state fees will be used to build on-campus football stadium - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/ci_20005484?source=bb#ixzz1mxx0rO2p
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Also, I've seen a copy of an RFQ that went out to a firm in the Fort Collins area. Pretty bare-bones document at this point - no mention of projected cost or location.

Denver Post article says that no taxes or state funds will be used for the stadium

It would be nice if they would point out the same thing when CU wants to spend some money on facilities and the CU haters show up en force to bitch and whine about CU wasting taxpayer dollars and how the state should quit funding the hippies up in Boulder...

Also, I've seen a copy of an RFQ that went out to a firm in the Fort Collins area. Pretty bare-bones document at this point - no mention of projected cost or location.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

This guy seems pretty smart:

Jeffrey28 min. agohttp://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=2356534#p2356534I have to wonder how much they have raised already.

Their new AD has completely screwed the pooch on this. Typically you wait until you have 80% to 90% of the funding secured before going into the public phase. They went the opposite direction, and have announced intentions with what.... 0% of the funding secured? This is going to give every group in Fort Collins the chance to raise hell if they disagree with the stadium. Additionally, it is going to cause a lot of disgruntlement when the fund-raising and construction process takes longer than initially anticipated. There is no way this is happening by 2014 like they say will happen. 2015 MAYBE, but more likely between 2016 and 2018.

Read more:CSU says no taxes or state fees will be used to build on-campus football stadium - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/ci_20005484?source=bb#ixzz1my3gLiaL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Yeah - sounds like that guy get's info from Allbuffs users.....

Interesting comments on the article now. Not many, but all opposed to the stadium.

I just see no room on their campus especially since they cant use any "green space" and IM fields. The outside the box answer is cut the sprinkler lines on the "green space" and let it all turn brown and die but they wont think of that up there of course. The only thing I could see is rip down stupid Moby (cuz it blows mostly) and build on the parking lot and old Moby site and re-develop basketball some place and build some huge parking structures. I think they are way over their heads on this one.

I just see no room on their campus especially since they cant use any "green space" and IM fields. The outside the box answer is cut the sprinkler lines on the "green space" and let it all turn brown and die but they wont think of that up there of course. The only thing I could see is rip down stupid Moby (cuz it blows mostly) and build on the parking lot and old Moby site and re-develop basketball some place and build some huge parking structures. I think they are way over their heads on this one.

I had to wonder as I read the quotes from the CSU President about won't put it in green spaces, won't use IM fields, won't block anyones views, etc. if he wasn't already starting to set up a great big crack that they can all wiggle out of to back out of the whole idea.

Instead of having to say, great idea but we only got 7% of the money committed and the neighborhood doesn't want it anyways, they can say "Well we tried every possible option but with the constraints on space and other factors we just couldn't find a proper location on campus that would work at the moment, we will continue to work on this problem in the future." This let's them back out without admitting defeat and save some face while keeping the door open for some miracle in the future.

hell, why dont the just use friend high school's football stadium? its only two blocks from campus.

I really think that if Ramnation didn't exist the two fan bases would get along a lot better. Maybe if they get rid of netbuffs and ramnnation.

I'm really trying to like the rams since they are a Colorado team but we come up all the time on ramnation in very insulting manners. I know I shouldn't head over there but I like to visit other team's boards to see what to look forward to next year. I get nothing but hate on that site. Are there any good Rams sites?

I also thought it was funny that a Ram "fan" on their site didn't know what Cam stood for until their game against Wyoming last night.

I really think that if Ramnation didn't exist the two fan bases would get along a lot better. Maybe if they get rid of netbuffs and ramnnation.

I'm really trying to like the rams since they are a Colorado team but we come up all the time on ramnation in very insulting manners. I know I shouldn't head over there but I like to visit other team's boards to see what to look forward to next year. I get nothing but hate on that site. Are there any good Rams sites?

I also thought it was funny that a Ram "fan" on their site didn't know what Cam stood for until their game against Wyoming last night.

I don't think it is Ramnation that is the problem. It is just a window into their "fan" philosophy, which is most Ram fans hate CU more than they like CSU.

As for the stadium, it is looking more and more like the facts are backing up what I have been saying all along. It ain't happening. CCsquared thinks I am a hater, but I am a realist.

I don't think it is Ramnation that is the problem. It is just a window into their "fan" philosophy, which is most Ram fans hate CU more than they like CSU.

As for the stadium, it is looking more and more like the facts are backing up what I have been saying all along. It ain't happening. CCsquared thinks I am a hater, but I am a realist.
disagree with dply's theory. You seen the CU meme page? The student bodies hate each other.

disagree with dply's theory. You seen the CU meme page? The student bodies hate each other.

But I think that is manufactured hate. Plus HaLk turned us into a lower MWC team. CSU shouldn't be anything more than a minor rivalry until/if they get into a BCS conference. It would be like if Cherry Creek was rivals with Julesburg High.

Plus the mess at sports Authority pisses everyone off before the game even starts. I don't hate CSU. I've grown to dislike them a lot and that is why I'm trying to temper that dislike and start anew. That is hard to do if you go to their site. If there was an allrams and fans like CC posted, I think I'd like them a lot more.

We rip on Kamel, BRi, Mark, and the other nubs but I still think they feel comfortable and welcome here.

426792_330104903692070_100000776886687_829026_1324605656_n.jpg

^^The CU one looks like a lot more fun to me.

407226_2406515901734_1816273529_1497884_1461790870_n.jpg

^^Since when do you get arrested for weed in Boulder?

395892_2411825274465_1816273529_1500442_1964133985_n.jpg

^^Didn't know a Pizza Hut job could support a family.

427178_317626404950466_317624721617301_890988_761592778_n.jpg

^^Damn straight. One big party doesn't make you a party school Lambs.

Lamb Meme's

Oh, I see that you are unable to distinguish between a possessive and a contraction. That must make your degree worth something.
407226_2406515901734_1816273529_1497884_1461790870_n.jpg

Look, I don't have a lot of emotions about CSU one way or another. But is there any ranking in which CSU is ranked higher than CU as an academic institution? Is there any study which concludes that CSU grads make more money than CU grads?

It's odd to make bold claims in the face of contrary evidence, in my opinion.

Also, a picture of some dude awkwardly covering his boner because some chick has crossed the threshold of his dorm room seems an odd choice of photos to promote a school.

Look, I don't have a lot of emotions about CSU one way or another. But is there any ranking in which CSU is ranked higher than CU as an academic institution? Is there any study which concludes that CSU grads make more money than CU grads?

It's odd to make bold claims in the face of contrary evidence, in my opinion.

Also, a picture of some dude awkwardly covering his boner because some chick has crossed the threshold of his dorm room seems an odd choice of photos to promote a school.
Only vet school but I don't think we have one at CU. CU grads make on average $1800/year more out of college and $14900/year more mid career.

Pay Scale

Only vet school but I don't think we have one at CU. CU grads make on average $1800/year more out of college and $14900/year more mid career.

Pay Scale

Well, in their defense, they're nipping at the heels of Central Connecticut State University.

So back to the memes. Why would you even put that stuff out there that is so verifiably false. Like that whole table thing. If a CU grad is unable to support a family, what does that say about CSU?

What an unusual approach to making a point.

Well, in their defense, they're nipping at the heels of Central Connecticut State University.

So back to the memes. Why would you even put that stuff out there that is so verifiably false. Like that whole table thing. If a CU grad is unable to support a family, what does that say about CSU?

Like Adam Carolla always says, "Stereotypes cannot exist if they are not a little bit true." CU stereotypes never catch on unless they are about weed or trustifarians.

CSU fans have no logic in anything. Case and point, RMS. CSU fans think they're superior in football. Bring up the records they bring up 2009 and chant dirty hippies. Pretty hilarious and aggravating when we get spit at and beers thrown at you while on the lightrail.

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

CSU fans have no logic in anything. Case and point, RMS. CSU fans think they're superior in football. Bring up the records they bring up 2009 and chant dirty hippies. Pretty hilarious and aggravating when we get spit at and beers thrown at you while on the lightrail.

Lets not go full nubblet. I ride the light rail to the game and never have experienced any of that.

Lets not go full nubblet. I ride the light rail to the game and never have experienced any of that.

The beer was at the 2010 game when we were walking to the CU tailgate section. Spit was this year when we were waiting for the lightrail after we were kicked out and the inflated sense of worth is a daily occurance.

I have seen some pretty awful things from CSU fans.... but usually it was the result of provocation :smile2:

I have seen some pretty awful things from CSU fans.... but usually it was the result of provocation :smile2:

Yeah you'd think but we were talking about the game and how we got kicked out with some CSU fans and some fat chick came in guns blazing hatin on us. **** the Lambs.

The beer was at the 2010 game when we were walking to the CU tailgate section. Spit was this year when we were waiting for the lightrail after we were kicked out and the inflated sense of worth is a daily occurance.

And you're sure that you were just standing there, minding your own business, being a quiet little 'tini? You weren't, by chance, acting like an ape on heat going 120% 'troll tini'?

Back