What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Starting QB for 2010 RMS - Pete Thomas

CsquaredCC

Well....I hope he is the starter anyway. :smile2:

6'5 220lb, 4-Star, QB Pete Thomas decommitted from Arizona State over the weekend and will enroll in time for spring ball at CSU. Should add some intrigue to the opening weekend if he is taking snaps under center.

Got to question a guy that is afraid to compete in a BCS conference. **** off lammies

Apparently ASU fired their offensive coordinator who had recruited him pretty heavily. Sounds like a right place and right time sort of scenerio for the Rams.

Some guys want to be the big fish in a little pond. But any way you look at it, he's a surprise get for CSU, and bad for the good guys.

Some guys want to be the big fish in a little pond. But any way you look at it, he's a surprise get for CSU, and bad for the good guys.

Agree to a certain extent. Although the conference has been attracting pretty good talent at the QB position as of late:

2010 - Heaps - BYU (5/4-Star)
2010 - Thomas - CSU (4-Star)
2009 - Pachall - TCU (4-Star)
2009 - Wynn - Utah (3-Star)

There are some good young signal callers coming into the league.

Last edited:
As was Harvard & Northwestern? Check out his offers.

In all fairness, I might have to slot CSU above Arizona State in this one.

Lot of QB attrition at ASU this decade with effects on CU/opponents. Thomas, Sam Keller to Nebraska, and I think in recent years we all wouldn't mind Jack Elway getting a shot at QB in Boulder.

Grats? to ram fans. Don't show him your stadium until the papers are signed though.

Grats? to ram fans. Don't show him your stadium until the papers are signed though.

I think most rams fans think Invesco is their home staduim. Its the only game they go to each year.:lol:

C squared exluded of course.:smile2:

I think in recent years we all wouldn't mind Jack Elway getting a shot at QB in Boulder.

I would. He's not that good. There's a reason he hasn't caught on anywhere else (to my knowledge, anyway).

I had some friends that use to live by CSU stadium, I'm not surprised they have a hard time getting butts in the seat, it's in the middle of nowhere next to the suburbs. I think it's one lane traffic getting in and out so it's a bitch to drive there.

It is a bitch to get in and out of that stadium. I've seen three games there. Admittedly, they were all CU/CSU games, so the crowd was going to be bigger than normal. But the access roads are a joke. If they ever wanted to expand that stadium, they'd have to do some major work on the access roads.

I think most rams fans think Invesco is their home staduim. Its the only game they go to each year.:lol:

C squared exluded of course.:smile2:

But of course! I was at every home game this season. Including the 5-degree game against Utah. It really was unfortuntate the Utah game was so cold. That game was a sellout, but a lot of people bailed at half because of the weather.

Lot of QB attrition at ASU this decade with effects on CU/opponents. Thomas, Sam Keller to Nebraska, and I think in recent years we all wouldn't mind Jack Elway getting a shot at QB in Boulder.

I would. He's not that good. There's a reason he hasn't caught on anywhere else (to my knowledge, anyway).

What Sackman said. If his last name was Smith, no would have cared one lick where he went to school.

Pretty sure Elway is still an ASU student, just not playing football anymore.

ASU has nothing on anyone academically.....

This from Scout:

Thomas says he’s considering majoring in either criminology or communications and reports a 3.9 core GPA and a 1560 SAT

I honestly don't think this kid will have any issue with the Clearinghouse nor would he have difficulties with any other Universities' admission standards for that matter.

So not only is CSU now beating us regularly, they are pulling in higher rated recruits than CU. We don't have a single 4 or 5 star in our 2010 class. Shameful.

In 5 recruiting classes this staff has not managed to land a single blue chip QB. Not even one. With all of our struggles at that position that is completely inexcusable.

Dan Hawkins can blame his problems on Gary Barnett all he wants. The fact that he is consistently getting shown up by CSU, of all places, says all that I need to know.

Agree to a certain extent. Although the conference has been attracting pretty good talent at the QB position as of late:

2010 - Heaps - BYU (5/4-Star)
2010 - Thomas - CSU (4-Star)
2009 - Pachall - TCU (4-Star)
2009 - Wynn - Utah (3-Star)

There are some good young signal callers coming into the league.

Let's see, BYU has that whole Mormon thing, TCU is #3 in the country, and Utah whipped Alabama last year, going undefeated. CSU = little fish

If I remember right, this guy is a statue in the pocket. Should be interesting to see how he develops under Fairchild and whether Fairchild decides to build for the future by starting a true freshman.

So not only is CSU now beating us regularly, they are pulling in higher rated recruits than CU. We don't have a single 4 or 5 star in our 2010 class. Shameful.

In 5 recruiting classes this staff has not managed to land a single blue chip QB. Not even one. With all of our struggles at that position that is completely inexcusable.

Dan Hawkins can blame his problems on Gary Barnett all he wants. The fact that he is consistently getting shown up by CSU, of all places, says all that I need to know.

...look, Hawk has struggled on the field, and this year, the field performance and questions about him and his staff are effecting recruiting. However, if you're saying Pete Thomas' transfer means they're beating Hawk in recruiting...you're just wrong. CSU is not beating us in recruiting. They got a TRANSFER...congrats to them. We also got a four star transfer WR (Clemons) and perhaps a few more from Michigan.

Yes, Hawk is struggling mightily and it's frustrating. Don't lose perspective though - CSU is not doing better than us in anything. Even though they beat us last year, they did not have a better overall season.

My primary point still stands. Hawkins has not brought in a highly-rated QB in five recruiting classes.

Before anyone says that stars with QB's don't matter... I beg to differ. Most all elite QB's in the past 5-7 years have been 4 or 5 stars. There are a few exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions.

EDIT: Not sure where you are getting this transfer from. Rivals and Scout both have him listed as a 2010 commit.

Last edited:
Meh...If he is really good, my money says a big fish swims by and plucks him away by signing day...won't ever step foot on the field for Cow Sh*t U.

My primary point still stands. Hawkins has not brought in a highly-rated QB in five recruiting classes.

Before anyone says that stars with QB's don't matter... I beg to differ. Most all elite QB's in the past 5-7 years have been 4 or 5 stars. There are a few exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions.

EDIT: Not sure where you are getting this transfer from. Rivals and Scout both have him listed as a 2010 commit.

I'm sure hirschman would have been 4* if he didn't commit to CU do early.

Thomas was one of the QBs on our radar this summer, but CU did NOT offer. Offered Hirschman instead.
Had CU offered, would not have surprised anyone if he would have committed to CU.

Thomas is visiting Colorado and Colorado State this weekend, a trip he's looking forward to.

"I got the CSU offer maybe a week ago, and Colorado came out to watch me throw and they wanted me to come out and visit," he said.

Thomas said he's always had an interest in Colorado for a number of reasons.

"They play in the Big 12, their new offensive coordinator will run a true pro-style offense and from every game I've watched on TV, it seems like they have great fan support," he said. "It's a school I've always watched."

Thomas would love to see the Buffs tender him an offer this weekend, but he doubts that will happen.

"Their coach said he wants to wait until after their camp and see some other guys before they make an offer, but I've heard nothing but great things about the school," he said. "I hear they have really nice facilities, so I'm looking forward to the visit."

Back