What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU's new jerseys

This is what their jersey's are supposed to look like as they are a Mountain West team.

Now if we could only clean ours up a bit?

There were even making fun of them yesterday on Mile High Sports radio. :lol:

That is sad. Why can't they just make it a flat green with white bold numbers with "C S U" or "R A M S" across the chest? Is there some reason uniforms have lost all tradition over the last decade? It is getting to the point where I will not be surprised if uniforms in the states here go the route of the foreign crap that is going on in soccer with all the ads on them.

I know they are trying to sell more jerseys but are people really buying this crap just because it is different?

:yeahthat:

It is sad that so many teams are going to these clown-like uniforms. Remember TCU with their frog-skin look they introduced last year? :rolling_eyes: I really admire the teams that stick with tradition and don't fall prey to the trendy crap - Penn State, Michigan, etc.

This doesn't shock me. Fort Collins and Boulder are both forward-thinking towns. So it makes sense that their schools have trendy uniforms. Look no further than the Center of Anarchy -- Eugene, OR -- for crazy uniform sampling.

If you actually listen to recruits, this kind of stuff works. Young kids want progressive uniform looks. They consider schools like Arkansas, Nebraska & Wisconsin to have dull, boring looks. Though fickle, many recruits choose their schools based on uniforms. And in the uni arms-race, Nike is way out in front of the curve.

This doesn't shock me. Fort Collins and Boulder are both forward-thinking towns. So it makes sense that their schools have trendy uniforms. Look no further than the Center of Anarchy -- Eugene, OR -- for crazy uniform sampling.

If you actually listen to recruits, this kind of stuff works. Young kids want progressive uniform looks. They consider schools like Arkansas, Nebraska & Wisconsin to have dull, boring looks. Though fickle, many recruits choose their schools based on uniforms. And in the uni arms-race, Nike is way out in front of the curve.

I don't buy that argument at all. There is no way NIKE is listening to recruits for uniform ideas. They are listening to some fashion designer in NYC who has nice legs and has the attention of the boss. They figure change is good as long as it is change so that people will have something new to buy. I blame the ADs who cave into it for a few bucks. All the school has to do is say no and pass on a little money. And you can't tell me that they are making that much more money on selling this crap. NIKE would probably pay the school just as much if they werent allowed to tweek the damn uniform every year.

I don't buy that argument at all. There is no way NIKE is listening to recruits for uniform ideas. They are listening to some fashion designer in NYC who has nice legs and has the attention of the boss. They figure change is good as long as it is change so that people will have something new to buy. I blame the ADs who cave into it for a few bucks. All the school has to do is say no and pass on a little money. And you can't tell me that they are making that much more money on selling this crap. NIKE would probably pay the school just as much if they werent allowed to tweek the damn uniform every year.

well there you have it.

OK for whatever reason I'm not seeing the picture in the first post... Flickr says it is unavailable now?

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but a friend of mine in Portland said that Nike meets with a few players from Oregon, and they get to help design a uniform for that season.

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but a friend of mine in Portland said that Nike meets with a few players from Oregon, and they get to help design a uniform for that season.

I rue the day that Nike puts spinners and chrome on the uniforms

I don't know if Nike or the schools consult with players on uniform decisions. But many top recruits prefer progressive uniform styles, and they vote with their commitments. There was an article on Scout about this recently. Oregon's recruiting and on-field performance took off once they became Nike's pro-type school. Recruits love that stuff.

The fact is that us old farts in the stands may prefer traditional (Penn State) looks, but most of the young players don't. You can either accept it on its merits, or complain about it. I've noticed that you choose to complain about it, namely italics.

Last edited:
Oregon's players are involved in the uniform designs. They make a big deal out of it.

Then I'm surprised they don't come with some brass knuckles.

They would, but the Nike design team only allows them to work with a bottle of Elmer's glue, several sheets of colored construction paper, round tipped scissors, a 12 pack of Crayola crayons and two stamps of acid..

Definitely not what I had hoped for as a Ram fan. I was hoping they were going to move to the more traditional block lettering like they put in the endzones. Also, I still don't understand why we don't go to a uni with green pants. I think those would be somewhat better if the gold was a bit less pronounced. In reality who cares, the way uniforms change in this day in age - there will probably be a total redesign in about 6 months.

Back