What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU's pre-spring depth chart

+1 We dont need to make instate recruiting any harder.

The number of times CU has lost a recruit to CSU you could count on one hand over the last 20 years. Usually to do with some circumstance - Ricky Brewer, the coaching change, Kory Sperry wanted to play BB also (which he ended up never doing) a couple of other guys who family members went to CSU. If CU starts worrying about recruiting against CSU then we have bigger problems.

The number of times CU has lost a recruit to CSU you could count on one hand over the last 20 years. Usually to do with some circumstance - Ricky Brewer, the coaching change, Kory Sperry wanted to play BB also (which he ended up never doing) a couple of other guys who family members went to CSU. If CU starts worrying about recruiting against CSU then we have bigger problems.

I still don't understand why Hawkins and Co. didn't go after Dorian Brown out of Thompson Valley any harder. I know the knee injury cooled a lot of programs interest, but the kid seems dedicated to making it back. Brown has been on CSU's campus since January and the medical staff has been managing his rehab and recovery. It sounds like he is progressing well and may be in the mix for carries this year. Given how thin CU is at RB right now - I think he could have been an in-state talent capable of helping the Buffs this fall.

I still don't understand why Hawkins and Co. didn't go after Dorian Brown out of Thompson Valley any harder. I know the knee injury cooled a lot of programs interest, but the kid seems dedicated to making it back. Brown has been on CSU's campus since January and the medical staff has been managing his rehab and recovery. It sounds like he is progressing well and may be in the mix for carries this year. Given how thin CU is at RB right now - I think he could have been an in-state talent capable of helping the Buffs this fall.
not as thin as you would think. Tony Jones is gonna tear it up this year, Speedy will get the majority of the carries, and we have lockridge as a change of pace. Also have the incoming frosh and maybe clark as well.

Of the teams Hawkins played every year, CSU was the only one he had a winning record over, enough said!

CSU 3-2
Iowa St. 2-2
Kansas state 1-3
Nebraska 1-3
Kansas 1-4
Missouri 0-5

PS - My treat for a beer or two at this season's RMS if your interested.

I think with all the crap talking I've done and how calm and cool you have been, that it is I that owes you a beer or two.

Wait this is too lovey......you bastard lammie! :smile2:

I don't. Other than the CU game I want them to win. I think building the reputation of college football in the State indirectly helps CU in many areas. If we are going to play CSU at Invesco - I want to see the place packed and rocking...which will increase local sponsorship of the game. Last year was pathetic - the lack of energy in the stadium was sad. CSU is not a hated rival no matter how hard some try to manufacturer it to be so.

That's fine. I hate their fans and hope they go 0-12. CU doesn't need csu. The same people who whined for the game to be at invesco are the same ones who show up to that game only. Once the game is over, they go back to pro sports. They can end the series and I'd be fine with it.

I don't understand why you care? You sheep make a big deal when a kid in-state chooses csu but fail to mention the thousands that have gone to CU over csu. Then when they do choose CU, they are no good or over-rated. **** csu.

It was a big-time mistake by Hawkins. Dorian Brown will be a player at the college level.

I love playing CSU. I love beating the **** out of them after all the trash talking they do. Keep the game and let's keep kicking their asses until they beg for ****ing mercy. I hate CSU more than I hate the Sheep****ers to the East.

Another big problem is that they have the game so ****ing early in the day. It is ****ing HOT in that ****** stadium during the main hours of the day. Plus, thats less time to get through the ****** traffic that invesco causes. Maybe the heat won't be such a huge problem this year, but how about putting the game at 4 or 5 and letting people actually enjoy the tailgating DAY instead of getting up at 6 Am to have 2 or 3 hours of tailgating?

I don't understand why you care? You sheep make a big deal when a kid in-state chooses csu but fail to mention the thousands that have gone to CU over csu. Then when they do choose CU, they are no good or over-rated. **** csu.

I don't understand why your are so thin skinned about CSU in general. My comment about Brown wasn't meant to be a dig at the Buffs at all. More a comment on an in-state kid that looks like he could have a nice career. The same can be said for guys like Mustoe and others in CU's class.

I find it ironic that someone who professes over and over again that he could care less about CSU spends a large amount of time on their message board and takes every opportunity possible to say how much he hates the "lambs".

I don't understand why your are so thin skinned about CSU in general. My comment about Brown wasn't meant to be a dig at the Buffs at all. More a comment on an in-state kid that looks like he could have a nice career. The same can be said for guys like Mustoe and others in CU's class.

I find it ironic that someone who professes over and over again that he could care less about CSU spends a large amount of time on their message board and takes every opportunity possible to say how much he hates the "lambs".

valid point. but I gave up understanding syko a long time ago. However, I look forward to the day we sign the top DT class in the nation and he dies of happiness.

Because CSU has some false sense of entitlement that they try to taunt CU with, which makes it even more fun to kick your ****ing asses.

Another big problem is that they have the game so ****ing early in the day. It is ****ing HOT in that ****** stadium during the main hours of the day. Plus, thats less time to get through the ****** traffic that invesco causes. Maybe the heat won't be such a huge problem this year, but how about putting the game at 4 or 5 and letting people actually enjoy the tailgating DAY instead of getting up at 6 Am to have 2 or 3 hours of tailgating?

Couldn't agree more. I hated the early kickoff last season. It was brutally hot in that stadium.

Talk to Mike Bohn...he wanted it early to cut down on the tailgating...it also cut down on the attendance. I think Bohn is a teetotaler - guy worries so much about other people drinking.

I thought it was at a time of day (and on Saturday or Sunday) based on when the network wanted it moved?

Talk to Mike Bohn...he wanted it early to cut down on the tailgating...it also cut down on the attendance. I think Bohn is a teetotaler - guy worries so much about other people drinking.

Which to me seems so counter productive. If one of the stated goals of the RMS is to help enhance local businesses and bars in dowtown, I don't see how a noon kickoff helps achieve that end.

I think that was part of it. The Washington-BYU and TCU-Oregon State games were in the primetime slots that weekend i believe.

The game at Mile HIgh is not going away any time soon. Because despite the low attendance and bad fan experience. The program makes a lot of money, the prices are outrageous to the game, they rake in the money, fans don't matter.

The game at Mile HIgh is not going away any time soon. Because despite the low attendance and bad fan experience. The program makes a lot of money, the prices are outrageous to the game, they rake in the money, fans don't matter.

It is a long term investment. And you are right it is a revenue drain, but revenue is also going to be generated from those extra sports, and we get good, build great facillies, maybe convert Folsom field into a baseball park during the spring time or build a brand new sports facility for baseball and softball, that should be a major revenue generator.

It is a long term investment. And you are right it is a revenue drain, but revenue is also going to be generated from those extra sports, and we get good, build great facillies, maybe convert Folsom field into a baseball park during the spring time or build a brand new sports facility for baseball and softball, that should be a major revenue generator.

Will you two stop arguing!

I thought it was at a time of day (and on Saturday or Sunday) based on when the network wanted it moved?

It was broadcast on the Mountain last year - they would of played it anytime you wanted. That was the only game on the Mountain that day. Bohn made a big push for the early kickoff time.

A few more years of bad attendance and the Mile High commission will want to drop this like a hot potato. It was embarrassing last year. They announce something like 68,000 and I doubt they had 45000. CSU could not of had 15000 in there section. I think the sponsors took note.

A few more years of bad attendance and the Mile High commission will want to drop this like a hot potato. It was embarrassing last year. They announce something like 68,000 and I doubt they had 45000. CSU could not of had 15000 in there section. I think the sponsors took note.

Cinch Jeans were pissed. :lol:

I'll continue to go, but I really hate the game down there. No atmosphere at all. The worst part, for me, is the stadium personnel. They truly don't give a sh*t about making that game a pleasant experience for the fans. They close off access ramps, entry gates, concession stands, etc. All seemingly at random just to annoy the people who are attending the game. It takes 20 minutes of standing in line just to get into the damn stadium. That's ludicrous. And yet, nobody seems to want to change it. By the time I get to my seat, I'm pissed off. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Cinch Jeans were pissed. :lol:

If they had done the game at Invesco between CSU and kNU the jeans sponsor would have been easy to figure out.

Jordache.jpg

The one to the right would be a no-brainer for that crowd. They could even outfit the cheerleaders.

Last edited:
College games belong in college stadiums. Invesco is a very good pro stadium but it has a different feel to it. It is designed to separate the the beer and nachos crowd from the wine and cheese bunch. It is designed to maximize revenue for a pro franchise, not to provide a college atmosphere where the bulk of the fans share a greater common bond that just being fans of the team on the field. The level of the game "production" including music, sound, advertising, video graphics, even the security and fan amenities like concessions and restrooms are directed towards the NFL mentality. This is great if you want an NFL feel but it degrades the college football experience.

Back