What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at **** Game Day Thread

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
CU%20Arizona%20Men258-L.jpg

at

1339135.jpg

Tipoff: 7:30pm
TV: ESPNU
Radio: 850 or 760am not positive

Watch parties: Blake Street Tavern, Half-Fast Subs, The Dark Horse

Final game of the regular season. Tournament seeding is on the line (3-6). History is on the line (first colorado team to win 22 games in a regular season, ever). A budding "rivalry" is staring us in the face.

Go Buffs, Beat ****.

Roll Tad.

Would be awesome to pull out the win here. To shut them down, Josh and Wes need to chip Poeltl.

Whatever happens, why are we writing "****" in place of "Utah"? Just because the PAC 12 told us our rival is Utah doesn't make it so.

In terms of basketball programs, I definitely hate both Arizona schools, Oregon and USC way more than Utah.

But anyway, just looking for some momentum from this game. Not expecting a win by any means, but hopefully we can leave SLC with some good takeaways leading into the post-season.

Of course, win this and our seed will likely be around a 7 or better, depending on the conference tourney. So...lets go buffs!!

Whatever happens, why are we writing "****" in place of "Utah"? Just because the PAC 12 told us our rival is Utah doesn't make it so.

In terms of basketball programs, I definitely hate both Arizona schools, Oregon and USC way more than Utah.

But anyway, just looking for some momentum from this game. Not expecting a win by any means, but hopefully we can leave SLC with some good takeaways leading into the post-season.

Of course, win this and our seed will likely be around a 7 or better, depending on the conference tourney. So...lets go buffs!!

My hate priorities are
1. Arizona
2. Oregon

and everyone else is meh. That said, I petition that we call them Putah's.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I actually like Utah and usually root them against other PAC schools. As our mountain peer, travel buddy, and fellow PAC addition; there's something about being perceived as a fly over state and being ignored by most of the country that makes me respect what they've accomplished in football and basketball thus far

Arizona definitely takes the cake as their arrogance is on par with the true expletive ****braska and I think there is actually some bad blood between the teams.

ASU doesn't have enough fans to be taken seriously (see empty stadiums on national TV with consistent Top 25 teams and the largest student body in the country)

Oregon and USC? Meh they only recently became good and blow us out in football consistently so not much there

Whatever the rivalry status, this could be a break-through game for our program. We've beaten the top P12 teams (ranked) except for Utah. It would be a record for regular season wins. And beating really good teams on the road is what really good teams do.

If Tad and the Buffs are ready to make a statement that we're moving to the next level, now is the time.

Utes favored by 12. Yikes. Hope we come to play tonight. The time to get into postseason mode is now

Utes favored by 12. Yikes. Hope we come to play tonight. The time to get into postseason mode is now

Not surprised. Far more concerned with seeding for P12 tourney. Really hope we're on the CAL/Oregon side as we are now & have Utah/AZ on the other side of the bracket.

Not surprised. Far more concerned with seeding for P12 tourney. Really hope we're on the CAL/Oregon side as we are now & have Utah/AZ on the other side of the bracket.

It's a large line for a 21 win side to be an underdog by. It'd usually be more like 8, IMO. Of course, CU losing by 12+ would not at all shock me unless our road form changes. As for the seeding, that top 4 is nasty. Cal is hitting their stride. We're going to have a tough go of it no matter what. Hopefully Oregon holds on at USC to at least give us the 5.

Now that Oregon gave us the help we needed by locking up the 5 seed, there is really nothing to lose. Win and we give ourselves a shot at the 4 seed (the scenario of our tiebreaker with Cal if we're both 11-7 slips my mind) and bump ourselves up a seed or so in the Big Dance. Lose and we get to beat Wazzu to pick up win 22. Hope to see the Buffs sharp tonight.

It's a large line for a 21 win side to be an underdog by. It'd usually be more like 8, IMO. Of course, CU losing by 12+ would not at all shock me unless our road form changes. As for the seeding, that top 4 is nasty. Cal is hitting their stride. We're going to have a tough go of it no matter what. Hopefully Oregon holds on at USC to at least give us the 5.

Arizona is going to have the home crowd & for me, Utah is our toughest opponent. Obviously, they're all strong but unless Cal loses to ASU & we beat Utah then we're looking at facing AZ in the quarterfinals.

Last edited:
Remember when Pitt put the zone on us in 2014 and it was game over almost from the start? I'm afraid of that happening tonight, and I'm really afraid of it happening in the tournament. Need something from the guards to take the pressure off Scott.

Remember when Pitt put the zone on us in 2014 and it was game over almost from the start? I'm afraid of that happening tonight, and I'm really afraid of it happening in the tournament. Need something from the guards to take the pressure off Scott.

I can't see Pitt's name without having visions of Scott getting the ball in the paint and being hounded to half court. The stuff of nightmares

"Watching" on ESPN Gamecast... Both teams seem to be struggling to score. Is it good defenses or poor offensive offenses?

"Watching" on ESPN Gamecast... Both teams seem to be struggling to score. Is it good defenses or poor offensive offenses?
Just weren't hitting shots until about the 5 minute mark. Then it kinda exploded.

Unreal rims here

I had to stop watching. They're hurling line drives from about 8 feet out because of the post defense. Thankfully the yoots are jacking low percentage shots and we're getting some rebounds otherwise the slaughter would be on. Instead it's just a small boat race.

Thanks for the updates, folks. Once it looks positive I might have the stomach to turn the game back on.

What a weird ****ing game.

Also, tackling is okay (mostly permitted by both teams).

All contested out of bounds go to Utah.

Back