What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – UNC

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Northern Colorado

September 10th

… CU in a few minutes …

Two games in, CU defense on an historic pace

From the Daily Camera … While it’s only been two games, and they have yet to face a great team, the Colorado Buffaloes are playing some serious defense on the gridiron.

In fact, it’s been historically good to this point.

CU (2-0) has outscored Colorado State and Texas State by a combined 54-6, allowing just a field goal to each team.

This is the first time since 1958 that CU has played the first two games of a season without allowing a touchdown. And in the post-World War II era, CU’s only had three better starts defensively. In 1958, the Buffs allowed three points in the first two games, and they pitched consecutive shutouts to open the 1954 and 1955 seasons.

“That defense is nasty,” said quarterback Steven Montez, who faces that defense every day in practice. “I like our defense to do big things as the year goes on. I think they’re very, very, very good. I think they were very underrated before the season started.”

Continue reading story here

Neill Woelk: Nothing wrong with the Colorado offense

From CUBuffs.com … To paraphrase Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, “Relax.”

OK, maybe that’s a direct quote — but you get the idea.

There’s nothing “wrong” with the Colorado offense. In two games, the Buffs have averaged 27 points and nearly 390 yards per game. They have had big plays, long scoring drives and a balanced attack (541 yards passing, 234 on the ground).

And, as both running back Phillip Lindsay and quarterback Steven Montez pointed out after Saturday’s 37-3 win over Texas State, the Buffs are 2-0 — a record that prior to last season, the Buffs had seen just twice in the previous decade.

But expectations have no doubt been heightened for this Buffs offense, something head coach Mike MacIntyre freely admits he helped boost. MacIntyre has said repeatedly he expects this offense to be “excellent,” and he has seen nothing to change his mind.

“I still think we’re going to be really good,” MacIntyre said after Saturday’s win. “We’ve shown really good glimpses of it and we’ll put that together for a whole game and do some really good things.”

Leo Jackson emerging as CU’s primary pass rush threat

From the Daily Camera … With three new starters on the defensive line this season, Colorado needed somebody to step up and be a leader.

Senior Leo Jackson III took that challenge seriously, and so far he’s delivering.

In Saturday’s 37-3 win against Texas State, Jackson registered a career-high three sacks. In fact, it matched the total he had in his entire 27-game CU career before Saturday. It was also the first three-sack game by a Buff since Josh Hartigan against Kansas State on Nov. 20, 2010.

“That’s the main reason we come and play this game, to make plays out here,” he said. “I’m thankful to have the teammates I have and the coaches I have to put me in position to make these plays.”

Listed at 6-foot-3, 275 pounds, Jackson may be even a bit bigger at this point. He’s certainly playing bigger, as he’s already got four sacks this season.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back