What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at the Game Contest

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=3]CU at the Game Contest[/h]Last spring/summer, the first CU at the Game contest, the “CU at …. ” photo contest, was a great success. I received CU photos from every continent (including Antarctica!), from over two dozen countries, and from over half of these United States (the winners are still posted in the “Gallery” section of the website, if you would like to take a look).
This spring/summer, all you need to do is win is be a Buff fan.
Okay, so you are checking out a website dedicated to CU football … and it’s months before the start of the season. I’m guessing you qualify as a Buff fan.
As a Buff fan, you undoubted have many stories about following your team.
Were you there for the Buffs’ first win over Nebraska in 17 seasons (in 1986)? For the national championship game? Where were you for “The Catch”? How about when Rashaan Salaam went over 2,000 yards in the 1994 finale, only to have his headline taken away a few minutes later when Bill McCartney announced his retirement? Have you been to Miami for the Orange Bowl? Tempe for the Fiesta Bowl? Honolulu for the Aloha Bowl?
And then there are the stories which are more personal to each of us – Do you remember your first game at Folsom?*Your all-time favorite game? I’m guessing you*also have a*favorite player or a favorite play.
All of the above is what makes you a loyal Buff fan – your history with the team. All I’m asking is that you share.
Here’s all you have to do to enter the contest:
1) Go to the “Archived Seasons” section of the website (link is on the front page);
2) Find the game which you wish to tell us about (the CU at the Game archives goes all the way back to 1980);
3) Click on “Post your own memories“, which is at the top of each game story; and
4) Tell us your story.
Your story doesn’t have to be long, and you are not being graded on style points (this is a football website, after all). Your story doesn’t have to be long or “special” – just as long as it’s special to you.
Winners will receive a “CU at the Game” mousepad (okay, it’s not much, but I am hoping to have a lot of winners!). The best stories will be posted on the front page, under the “Archive Game of the Week“.
You can read the story of our first winner on the front page of the website. Andy, a CU at the Gamer from New Jersey, wrote about the time he was working at Abo’s Pizza on the Hill in the late ’80′s, and his chance meeting with Buff quarterback Sal Aunese.

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back