What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: CU Recruiting Class of 2017

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Recruiting Class of 2017

Jonathan Van Diest – DL/LB

Just the facts … Committed February 28th … Jonathan Van Diest is a 6’2″, 235-pound defensive end from Cherry Creek high school in Greenwood Village, Colorado Rivals bio

What others have to say about Van Diest … Van Diest is considered to be a three-star prospect, according to both Rivals and Scout. As a junior, Van Diest was named to the 2015 Denver Post All-Colorado team after recording 60 tackles and a team-leading 10.5 sacks for the Bruins.

Van Diest had other offers from … several Power-Five conference schools, including Nebraska, Iowa State, Louisville and Washington State. Other schools Van Diest was talking to included numerous Pac-12 schools, including UCLA, Washington, Stanford, Utah, Arizona State and Cal. Considering how early Van Diest committed in the recruiting cycle, it is a pretty impressive list.

Here is a link to Van Diest in action in his junior campaign.

And here is a YouTube video of Van Diest at the 9NEWS Scouting combine (from February, 2015):

—–

Dante Sparaco – Ath/TE

Just the facts … Committed February 28th … Dante Sparaco is a 6’4″, 235-pound athlete from Cherry Creek high school in Greenwood Village, Colorado Rivals bio Scout bio

What others say about Sparaco … Sparaco is considered to be a three-star prospect by both Rivals and Scout. Standing 6-4 and weighing 265 pounds, Sparaco has done it all, in high school, playing quarterback to tight end … and could potentially grow into an offensive lineman.

Sparaco had other offers from … numerous schools, including numerous Ivy League schools (so qualifying won’t be a problem). Sparaco also had offers from Colorado State and Utah State. Several Pac-12 schools, including Cal, UCLA, and Stanford (the academic schools in the conference) expressed interest in Sparaco. Regarding his recruiting Sparaco told PrepColorado.com in December: “I have been in contact with so many schools recently, it has been kind of crazy! UCLA, Cal, Penn State, Clemson and since I got my ACT scores back, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Northwestern have been pretty hot. I really like Colorado too, the staff has been great”.

Here is a link to Hudl.com highlights from Sparaco’s junior year.

—–

Kyle Trego – DB

… A late commitment for the Class of 2016 …

Just the facts … Committed February 28th … Kyle Trego is a 6’0″, 190-pound defensive back who comes to Colorado from Diablo Community College in Pleasant Hill, California Rivals bio

What others say about Trego … Trego is an unrated prospect. As a prep at Liberty High School in Brentwood, California, Trego had a couple of offers to play college football, but he wanted to give himself a chance to play at the highest level possible, so he decided to head to Diablo Valley to give himself that opportunity.

“I wanted to prove myself at the next level so I could get bigger so Diablo Valley was my choice,” Trego told JCFootball.com. “A big reason was because of their high recruiting looks from Division One schools.”

Trego manned the strong safety spot for DVC and finished second on the team with 50 tackles to go along with half a sack, 10 tackles-for-loss, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and he led the team with four interceptions and three blocked kicks.

Being a freshman qualifier, Trego did not have to graduate from Diablo, and does not have to sit out a year. He will have four years to play three at Colorado.

Trego had other offers from … no other Power-Five conference schools. Trego did have offers from Eastern Michigan and Air Force, and was talking with schools like San Diego State and Middle Tennessee.

Here is a link to Hudl.com highlights of Trego in action.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back