What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: “No Time To Waste”: Staff and Class of ’19

RSSBot

News Junkie

“No Time to Waste” – Assembling a Coaching Staff and Signing the Class of 2019

Editor’s Note … I’ll be using this heading for updates on the hiring of coordinators and assistant coaches, as well as notes and quotes concerning the Recruiting Class of 2019 (commits … and de-commits … will still be posted under the “Recruiting Class of 2019” heading).

December 7th

Mel Tucker’s Quotes

On what Tucker is looking for in a recruit … “Obviously you want guys that can win one on one,” Tucker said. “They can win their box, whatever position that is. The evaluation process is critical. It takes talent to evaluate talent. We first have to identify the players. We have to evaluate them.

“At that point, once we decide these are guys that can be difference makers and help us reach our goals — these young men can help us win championships — it’s all about marketing at that point. We know what we’re looking for. We know what it takes to compete and to win. It’s not always all about talent. It’s talent and character. We know what we’re looking and we’re going to go get it.”

On where he plans to recruit … “We plan to keep those (California and Texas) pipelines and actually enhance those pipelines and make them even stronger,” he said. “The west coast, California, Texas, Louisiana are critical. A program such as this has to recruit nationally and let’s not forget our own state. There are tremendous players here and we have to make sure we keep them home and we’ll do everything we can do to do that.”

On Meeting with the current staff … “I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves with the staff I’m going to assemble and get to work”, said Tucker. “I can’t promise you that I’m going to bring in every ‘guru’ X-and-O guy that there is. The one thing I promised Rick is that first and foremost, we will have coaches on our staff that have the high integrity and highest amount of character that care amount the young men and treat them like our own sons. Obviously, our staff will be extremely competent in the X’s and O’s and they will be relentless recruiters. What that staff make-up will be remains to be seen, but time is of the essence. We’ll get moving in the right direction from a staff standpoint right now.

“I’m going to meet with the [current] staff starting today (Thursday). It’s going to be a meet and greet. I’m not going to make any decisions on staff today or probably even this weekend.”

On meeting with the current players (it won’t be a surprise if there is attrition from the current roster when the new coaching staff is assembled) … “I met with the players this morning (Thursday),” Tucker said. “We had a really good conversation. I had them to myself. Sometimes you just know, and I know the young men in that room are hungry. They want to win. They want to compete for championships. They want to be relevant. I promised them if that they follow a process and buy in and they do the things we’re going to ask them to do, we will achieve at a high level and they will reach their full potential and compete for championships.”

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back