What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at UCLA Pre-Pregame thread

Shay Fields is optimistic about playing Saturday. That would help.

From BuffZone: The sophomore receiver missed Saturday's 17-13 win at Oregon State with an ankle injury, but practiced on Tuesday and believes he will play against UCLA.

"I'm feeling good, actually," said Fields, who has 13 catches for 271 yards in the last two games he's played. "For some reason, it just healed nicely and I'm feeling good.

"I'm really excited to at least go home, see my family and play football again."

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...ball-fields-optimistic-hell-play-against-ucla

Shay Fields is optimistic about playing Saturday. That would help.

From BuffZone: The sophomore receiver missed Saturday's 17-13 win at Oregon State with an ankle injury, but practiced on Tuesday and believes he will play against UCLA.

"I'm feeling good, actually," said Fields, who has 13 catches for 271 yards in the last two games he's played. "For some reason, it just healed nicely and I'm feeling good.

"I'm really excited to at least go home, see my family and play football again."

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...ball-fields-optimistic-hell-play-against-ucla

That's a very pleasant surprise. When I heard "high ankle sprain" I was thinking we may not see much of him the rest of the year.

Good to see on Bobo. Really need to get him the ball more. The kid has shown flashes, just needs more opportunity.

How many deep shots did we take in the OSU game? I don't recall very many and I guess that could be due to Shay being out, but I know Bobo can be a deep threat and I thought Ross was supposed to be our fastest WR? That is one aspect of the playbook that I think they have to open up against these better teams. Even if we don't complete them, taking a few deep shots keeps the secondary honest and the Safeties out of the box.

How many deep shots did we take in the OSU game? I don't recall very many and I guess that could be due to Shay being out, but I know Bobo can be a deep threat and I thought Ross was supposed to be our fastest WR? That is one aspect of the playbook that I think they have to open up against these better teams. Even if we don't complete them, taking a few deep shots keeps the secondary honest and the Safeties out of the box.

Our WR's have struggled to get open and make plays. That's been the story (other than Spruce) for a few years now, despite 'Tini going off all summer about how great they were. It's one area that stands out like a sore thumb when looking at the playmaking athletes of other offenses compared to CU.

Our WR's have struggled to get open and make plays. That's been the story (other than Spruce) for a few years now, despite 'Tini going off all summer about how great they were. It's one area that stands out like a sore thumb when looking at the playmaking athletes of other offenses compared to CU.

Receivers are definitely getting open and that has been obvious on the film. The main problem has been protection and inaccuracy from the QB position (a lot due to shoulder injury). Sefo also locks on certain receivers at times but Lee, Bobo and Fields have done a good job getting open.

Fields is our deep threat. He can stretch the defense. Any word on his health?

Getting open like Shay did against Arizona is one thing, but even having a half step on a guy is something we should be looking to take a shot at. No team we face from here on out, other than Wazzu, is going to give up much room for our running game, and nobody is respecting our deep ball. It's similar to the way teams are playing the Broncos and Manning. Daring them to throw deep because they don't think they can/will. CU has to at least attempt a few deep shots this weekend.

My observations - Amazing Callahan is still 2nd string, Awini over Gilbert? Evan White has been quiet this year, Diego still not kicking off?

I agree that Ross should be more in the gameplan. He's making good catches this season and always gets significant yards after catch. I'm always amazed that we don't throw to him more.

Question, has any player ever led the Buffs in all of the following categories for a season; tackles, sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, pass break ups and TFL? Chido is currently leading or tied for the lead in each of those categories, with the exception of tackles, and is only 6 tackles behind the leader. Hell of a young player whose versatility and love for the game will serve him well at the next level.

bryce-treggs-chidobe-awuzie-ncaa-football-california-colorado.jpg

Question, has any player ever led the Buffs in all of the following categories for a season; tackles, sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, pass break ups and TFL? Chido is currently leading or tied for the lead in each of those categories, with the exception of tackles, and is only 6 tackles behind the leader. Hell of a young player whose versatility and love for the game will serve him well at the next level.

bryce-treggs-chidobe-awuzie-ncaa-football-california-colorado.jpg

Wow! That's a ridiculously good season so far by Chido.

Does anyone know what is up with McCartney? He was on the sideline in the osu game Was he hurt? I expected to hear more about it.

Anyone else also notice back-up QB for ucla is Apsay or Gehrke

edit: sorry seen in another thread.

Last edited:
Back