What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU athletics in general

cu3x

IMO, the best thing CU could do now, to ensure athletic success over the next 20 years or so, would be to sign Tad to a 10 year+ contract.

TB is as good as any BB coach out there and will take CU to the top-10 regularly, given a few years. I believe great success in one sport feeds the others.

Ya know, he's got a point. I mean Tad's not getting paid big boy dollars, why is that? Why is that right now!? NOW!?

Mods, this is why I threadjack.

I saw Colonel Crandall speak today. Interesting guy. He's the Medal of Honor recipient from "We Were Soldiers Once...And Young".

JESUS Christ, did Rialto get banned and have to make a new screen name?

Ya know, he's got a point. I mean Tad's not getting paid big boy dollars, why is that? Why is that right now!? NOW!?

Mods, this is why I threadjack.

Threads like this make me re-consider my stance on not allowing threadjacks.

I think it's still too early to offer Tad Boyle a 10 year type of deal. He benefited from Bdzelik's players and a transfer in Brown. When he has his team full of his players and CU keeps winning like that, then we should consider that type of deal.

I think it's still too early to offer Tad Boyle a 10 year type of deal. He benefited from Bdzelik's players and a transfer in Brown. When he has his team full of his players and CU keeps winning like that, then we should consider that type of deal.
stop threadjacking our threadjack about when it is appropriate to threadjack threads.

**** My Life.

I want Tad around for 15 years. Another 20+ win season next year and we need to make the finances look right for a good Power Six conference program.

So....anyone here see that kids killing kids movie yet? Any good?
Is that the one where Craig James and Lane Kiffin team up to solve a whodunit about 10 dead hookers.?

Goose, since I smoked you in the brackets, can I get a "get out of jail free" card for one threadjack a month in the BB forums?

This guy?

100-robocop.jpg

Is that the one where Craig James and Lane Kiffin team up to solve a whodunit about 10 dead hookers.?

Goose, since I smoked you in the brackets, can I get a "get out of jail free" card for one threadjack a month in the BB forums?

When I was Rookie of the Year at Allbuffs they let me jack two threads a month. You have earned that right.

I'm willing to negotiate with you on this one. Have your people call my people.

On a serious, and almost related note, uTerus just extended MackyB thru 2020. I think they got a steal -- if he lives that long.

Meh. The roster was loaded. Anybody could have taken this team to the final 32 of the tourney. And you're right about good sports helping other sports...if it weren't for this basketball season, we would not have gotten those in-state recruits committed last week. Still don't credit Tad for it though. He's very meh.

Meh. The roster was loaded. Anybody could have taken this team to the final 32 of the tourney. And you're right about good sports helping other sports...if it weren't for this basketball season, we would not have gotten those in-state recruits committed last week. Still don't credit Tad for it though. He's very meh.

I agree that nearly (nearly) any coach could have taken that team to the second/third round of the NCAA. It was fun, but almost a forgone conclusion. However, I think that he's more than "meh". We might be able to attract better on a similar budget (probably not), but if we're going to open up the coffers, we should look for a new coach.

Yeah, I just don't want to settle for 24 win seasons. Need to keep looking for someone better.

Yeah, I just don't want to settle for 24 win seasons. Need to keep looking for someone better.

You didn't understand my point.

With our lackluster history in the sport, I think 24 wins is great. And if we could pull that off every few seasons, with occassional trips to The Dance, I'd be happy.

I've got no problems keeping Boyle, as long as it's on the current contract.

My point is this: IF, we're going to spend more money, THEN we should target another coach.

The frightening thing is that there is almost certainly somebody from the AD reading this thread and thinking we feel like Boyle is overpaid.

Back