What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Band at the UCLA Game...

NBDefektor

I'm sure some CU band peeps read this, so I just wanted to, first off, thank you guys for all the enthusiasm when you play, and also when you just cheer. It totally makes a great difference for not only the CU fans at the game but obviously for the team as well. Keep it up!

BUT...can one of you tell the band leader to stop having you play that ****ing terrible song "Glory Glory Colorado." (You know the one...the "I've been working on the railroad" bull**** song that makes me feel like I'm at some bull**** UGA game in SEC country...)

And PLEASE tell him that we need to hear more of the Hey Song. I think you guys played it like 3-5 times today, and you played that choo-choo train song at least 20 times. And tell him when he DOES play the Hey song, it has to be played after a big play. Not when we just punted. The few times it was played today, it was always at the wrong time in the game. I love the director's enthusiasm, but c'mon!

Hmm, I prefer to say that it is UGA that copied the song. Hey, it is only a song associated with CU as long as I can remember, I can see why you would want it never played again.

I'm sure some CU band peeps read this, so I just wanted to, first off, thank you guys for all the enthusiasm when you play, and also when you just cheer. It totally makes a great difference for not only the CU fans at the game but obviously for the team as well. Keep it up!

BUT...can one of you tell the band leader to stop having you play that ****ing terrible song "Glory Glory Colorado." (You know the one...the "I've been working on the railroad" bull**** song that makes me feel like I'm at some bull**** UGA game in SEC country...)

And PLEASE tell him that we need to hear more of the Hey Song. I think you guys played it like 3-5 times today, and you played that choo-choo train song at least 20 times. And tell him when he DOES play the Hey song, it has to be played after a big play. Not when we just punted. The few times it was played today, it was always at the wrong time in the game. I love the director's enthusiasm, but c'mon!

Sorry, but Glory Colorado has been a fight song for the University for far longer than Fight CU. It is a tradition to play it for every 1st down and every score. It's not going anywhere. Please do not refer to the original fight song of the university as the "choo choo" song.

As for the Hey cheer, it takes too long to play between plays, it is why you only hear it at time outs and such. They play it after punts to get the fans fired up for defense.

I kind of hate the Hey song. Plus, the Gary Glitter association.

Last edited:
I personally hate that the students have added **** em up **** em up to EVERY SONG, but that's just me

They don't do it for CUs original fight song. But nobody except for me probably even knows the words to the song.

I think they added the **** me up part around 2009 or so. Don't remember it when I was a student in 06. And agreed with them saying it after it. Should be only for the hey song.

They don't do it for CUs original fight song. But nobody except for me probably even knows the words to the song.
You, and every one of us former band members ;) I give it about 90% chance when I hear someone else singing Glory or Go, they played it in the past

Glory was the first fight song for the university. Deal with it.

It has been requested that the band plays it after every first down by the AD, so file your complaint there.

Glory was introduced in the earlier 1900's by the very first CU Marching Band. It is as much a part of the university as the sandstone. It is the first song in the "Fight Song Sequence" because it was the first fight song at CU. Glory Colorado represents the University of Colorado system as a whole, all campuses. Go Colorado was written and gifted to the marching band for the marching band. That is the GBMB's fight song. Fight CU is the fight song for athletics. It was stolen and adapted from the Culver Military Academy.

The Hey Song is typically called when the team is losing the crowd. It is used to try and fire them up because the students really get into it. Most of the time they play a song at a specific time for a reason. They have been doing this for 107yrs.

Glory was the first fight song for the university. Deal with it.

It has been requested that the band plays it after every first down by the AD, so file your complaint there.

Glory was introduced in the earlier 1900's by the very first CU Marching Band. It is as much a part of the university as the sandstone. It is the first song in the "Fight Song Sequence" because it was the first fight song at CU. Glory Colorado represents the University of Colorado system as a whole, all campuses. Go Colorado was written and gifted to the marching band for the marching band. That is the GBMB's fight song. Fight CU is the fight song for athletics. It was stolen and adapted from the Culver Military Academy.

The Hey Song is typically called when the team is losing the crowd. It is used to try and fire them up because the students really get into it. Most of the time they play a song at a specific time for a reason. They have been doing this for 107yrs.
Shldr2Shldr slapped. /thread

I was going to say - I've got a book here about the history of CU that was written in 1963, and it's title is "Glory Colorado!"

Plus, it was the first CU song I learned, many moons ago.

I just want them and every single other college band and stadium to stop that "Seven Nation Army" chord that turns into a chant.

Back