What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Basketball: 2020/2021 Season Grade

What grade would you give CU Basketball for the 20/21 season?

• A+

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • A

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • A-

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • B+

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • B

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • B-

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • C+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• D

• F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what is the football season equivalent? A 10-3 season? Given that the basketball program is historically much worse than the football program, this program deserves an A. Extremely successful with a missed chance at unimpeachable greatness

This team was picked to finish 7th in the pac 12. This is where they are finishing relative to the 356 other teams in D1 basketball.

1616525987099.png

This is the best CU team of all time according to the stats. They made the mistake of putting to many of their mistakes into too few games. Kin put himself on Mt. Buffmore with this season.

Last edited:
B+, only because I expected our first ever bye in the conference tournament and a big dance win when the season began. Since those were the expectations, I considered giving them a C for just meeting them. But this is, historically, one of the best seasons for CU basketball and, I think, the best since joining the Pac 12.

I think my grade is lower than others because my expectations have risen over the years.

B+

We did not win a regular season title or conference tourney. Won 1 game in the NCAA.

Room to improve.

Really good season tho, and the best team in forever.

I gave them a B+ too. Overall I was happy with the season and they got a NCAA tourney dub, but definitely room for improvement. Was frustrated with some of the 'easy' opponents that they lost to earlier in the season. This recruiting class has me excited for the future, but man am I going to miss Kin.

I put a B+... it would have been an A+ with the pac-12 tourney title(because I'm still bitter) or a win last night... its probably a lil harsh, so I'll reserve the right to revisit this in a week

Last edited:
A.

Make the sweet 16 and score three more points in the CCG and that would have gone to an A+. Really, really close to a magical season.

It's funny how one game, or even one minute of one game, can change how an entire season is perceived. Make the free throws in the CCG and the season seems much different.

A: over acheived in an under appreciated top conference, even with 3 bad games we should have won but a very successful road record, and a super fun drubbing of G.town, and beating usc 3 times.

A: Exceeded all of my expectations. The team was fun and easy to cheer for, advanced metrics show the team was for real and they were an unfavorable matchup away from making the Sweet 16. I'm assuming it's also the first time in forever that they had 7 wins against teams that ended up in the Sweet 16, including beating 2 of those teams on the road. A+ if another win had happened in the tournament.

B.

Obviously best team in modern program history. Also, nice development for next couple of years with Jabari showing star potential, Kee and Tristan proving they can play effective, meaningul minutes on a winning big time program.

Willing to bump to A-, if the strong record, ranking, and first round tournament showing translate into a couple of nice recruits for the 2 available schollies.

A- exceeded my expectations. I know Horne struggled the last few games but I think I would be giving a lower grade without his contributions during the year.

B+ well above expectations but this team’s inability to close the deal in the P12 tournament cost them a shot at a 2-3 seed. Given how this tournament has gone, that could very well have meant a dreamy Final Four appearance. As a 2 or 3, a Sweet 16 berth would’ve been very probable with an Elite 8 or superior finish definitely in the cards.

B+ well above expectations but this team’s inability to close the deal in the P12 tournament cost them a shot at a 2-3 seed. Given how this tournament has gone, that could very well have meant a dreamy Final Four appearance. As a 2 or 3, a Sweet 16 berth would’ve been very probable with an Elite 8 or superior finish definitely in the cards.
Never were in the running for a 2 or 3 by the time the tournament rolled around. We would have had to also not lose at least 2 of the 3 bad losses

Never were in the running for a 2 or 3 by the time the tournament rolled around. We would have had to also not lose at least 2 of the 3 bad losses
I’ve shown assessment elsewhere. P12 tourney win (should’ve been a blowout) plus elite Kenpom/NET definitely makes us a 2-3.

Would have been surprising. One game between a 5 and a 2? Doesn't seem probable.
Major Conference tournament title winner and subsequent Kenpom/NET bump would’ve been massive. It was a catastrophic loss. BTW, I said 2 or 3. CU is easily a 3 if we soundly beat Oregon State in the P12 tourney final.

Major Conference tournament title winner and subsequent Kenpom/NET bump would’ve been massive. It was a catastrophic loss. BTW, I said 2 or 3. CU is easily a 3 if we soundly beat Oregon State in the P12 tourney final.
I really don’t think so. The committee doesn’t look at tournament winning as a metric. Only wins/losses. So your Kenpom/NET argument makes sense, but a pac 12 tourney trophy doesn’t. It would’ve been one more win on the resume and would’ve barely affected Kenpom/NET. MAYBE we get to a four seed but definitely not anything higher.

I’ve shown assessment elsewhere. P12 tourney win (should’ve been a blowout) plus elite Kenpom/NET definitely makes us a 2-3.
Loyola was 9th in KenPom and 10th in Net. A win over Oregon state was not bumping us up to the 3 line, and absolutely not the 2 line. The committee is still made up of humans who discounted the pac-12.

Loyola was 9th in KenPom and 10th in Net. A win over Oregon state was not bumping us up to the 3 line, and absolutely not the 2 line. The committee is still made up of humans who discounted the pac-12.
So you’re saying we were a 5 even without a sound beating of Oregon State in the final?

Back