What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs add receiver to 2011 class

Interesting comments on a "PWO", from below that article:

From Stuart............

Parker Norton confirmed as a preferred walk-on

Tracking down preferred walk-ons, since they are not on scholarship and will not be acknowledged by the school until fall classes begin, is not always easy to do.

But, with two separate newspaper articles comfirming it, it appears that Parker Norton, from Newport-Mesa (California), is coming to play for Colorado. According to the Los Angeles Times, Norton started at cornerback, wide receiver, and returned punts and kickoffs for his high school team. Norton finished with 64 receptions for 569 yards and five touchdowns. On defense, Norton intercepted four passes, returning one for a touchdown, and broke up 12 pass plays.

An article in the Daily Pilot (which is worth reading in its entirety), you can read why Norton may have been overlooked this past February – and why he may work his way onto the Buffs’ roster this fall.

Parker is 6′0″, and started his senior season at 178 pounds, but, playing both ways, ended the year at 162 pounds. In working on bulking up for playing in college, Parker has bulked up to 188 pounds. “I knew I had to pick it up a notch going to that level,” Parker told the Daily Pilot. Parker has been working with John Iverson, an ex-Recon Marine. To gain strength and stamina, Parker has been running up hills while carrying 50-pound railroad ties – and wearing a 15-pound vest.

“I normally train MMA fighters. I’m used to training pretty hard core people,” Iverson said. “As far as Parker goes, there is no quit in him. He doesn’t know the meaning of the word. And I push people hard.”

Parker’s high school coach is also impressed. “He’s a great player, a great competitor. He does everything correct in terms of getting himself ready,” said Newport Harbor football coach Jeff Brinkley. “He’s going to walk on at Colorado, and he’ll do some great things there because he’s one of those guys who is very driven … I think some good things will happen for him there.”

Parker’s link to Colorado is long-snapper Ryan Iverson, a friend who also played for Newport Harbor. Iverson also started at Colorado as a walk-on.

At Colorado, Parker plans to fill the slot receiver position manned ably for the past several years by another former preferred walk-on, Scotty McKnight.

0 replies · active 54 minutes ago

Back