What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs' Alfred Williams elected to College Football Hall of Fame

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
20100526_051333_27dcswil_300.jpg
Former University of Colorado star Alfred Williams will officially be named a member of the College Football Hall of Fame when the group announces its 2010 class on Thursday.

Williams was one of three former Buffs on the ballot this year. Also nominated were former head coach Bill McCartney and former running back Eric Bieniemy.

Williams was informed of the decision live on his afternoon radio show by CU athletic director Mike Bohn and director of sports information Dave Plati. The news brought him to tears.

Read more: CU Buffs' Alfred Williams elected to College Football Hall of Fame - Boulder Daily Camera http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_15167960#ixzz0p5J3WDNX

Big congrats to Alfred!

B.S. on Mac and EB, but they'll get in some day.

:gobuffs:

Congrats to AW, listening to him on the way home today and had a great call into their show from EB and Knavis!

Heard Alfred talking to EB about their days at CU. What struck me was the pride they had in winning, their success, in being a part of something great. To these guys expecting to win became second nature.

As frustrated as we are it must be worse for guys who put their sweat and pain into making this program excellent.

Congrats to Al..

Have to be honest, I love Mac and all but I mean is he seriously a Hall of Fame coach? He only coached 12 years and was big time successful for the last 7.. I would have to see what other coaches are in there to determine whether he should be in the Hall of Fame..

Anyone else hear Bohn say on the radio that they were thinking of making a bunch of #94 jerseys for sale? Congrats to Big Al! Now where can I find his jersey?

Congrats to Al..
Have to be honest, I love Mac and all but I mean is he seriously a Hall of Fame coach? He only coached 12 years and was big time successful for the last 7.. I would have to see what other coaches are in there to determine whether he should be in the Hall of Fame..

when we talked about Mac and Al being on the ballot this time around, I mentioned that Jerry Claiborne of Kentucky is in the HOF. If he's in, I think Mac deserves it. I also recall someone else posted that Claiborne had worked at CU and was a heckuva good guy. I meant no disrespect to JC then, or now. Just think Mac accomplished more as a coach, won league titles, and reached the pinnacle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_College_Football_Hall_of_Fame_inductees_%28coaches%29

a few others i'd rank behind Mac, or if they are in....Mac is mos def in play (with the NC at the very least)...working quickly....John Cooper, Terry Donahue (that generation's Barry Alvarez...wins 8-9 games and he's the greatest ever), Jim Donnan (!), Don Nehlan, Bill Yeoman, Earle Bruce, Grant Teaff.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how Barry Alvarez made the Hall over McCartney. Both careers were somewhat similar, though Mac has a national title. Mac's teams were consistently Top 5-10, while Alvarez' teams were consistently Top 15-20.

Go figure.

Would you classify Alfred as more DE or OLB? I always associated him as an end because he rushed the passer. Yet he won the Butkus Award.

Alfred was a tireless, give it a 110% kind of player and always had his gameface on. Well deserved. Congrats to Alfred!!!

Back