What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs nearing TV deal with Fox College Sports

Which 2 roadies are at risk?

Not Hawaii, CSU, or Utah. Those have been picked up and locked down.

Could it possibly be tOSU? It's hard to imagine CU getting paid over a million bucks for a one-and-done without some TV exposure. The NCAA isn't working fast enough to sanction OSU with a TV ban at this point. I suppose that game might end up on the Big Ten network, at worst.

So that leaves Stanford, UCLA, and ASU.
Stanford and Luck bring some pre-season hype and glitz. If Stanford disappoints early and CU struggles, I'm not sure there is a huge TV market for this game. Stanford might be the most stubborn of the group when it comes to not wanting to move a start time, just to keep the Palo Alto neighbors around the Farm happy. I suppose this game is caught up in a game of chicken. Should CU bring a winning record and should Stanford be ranked, this game might get a prime slot. If both disappoint early, then who knows...

UCLA-CU : Probably CU's biggest roadie in terms of numbers of CU fans in attendance. LA is a huge TV market, too. How many really are invested in what the Weasel is cookin'?

ASU-CU Halloween Weekend Fright Night in the Desert. ASU is attention starved and would likely start the game whenever the networks wanted. Maybe big cities of the Mountain time zone don't have enough pull with the networks, no matter when the game time is set.

I'll call it now. CU fans have a great shot at seeing every game this year. The odd games out are big name teams. Some of us just might need to get to a sports bar if the unscheduled 2 games end up being broadcast on premium channels that are blacked out regionally or otherwise unavailable on the standard cable plus packages.

Nice job, Mike!

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt this the channel with the singe web cam for the football games that everyone was bitching about last year?

Exactly...I am thrilled I will see most/all games, but the 65" plasma will be highly under utilized by the pathetic, non-HD coverage. Maybe Mike can demand a Fox upgrade to their broadcasts.

The broadcasts suck, but I'm not going to complain about getting most of our games televised this year.

The quality of their broadcasts isn't the greatest but how can anyone not like this? Least for 1 year, you're going to see at least 11 of the games.

The quality of their broadcasts isn't the greatest but how can anyone not like this? Least for 1 year, you're going to see at least 11 of the games.

And then we'll see them all for the remainder of the years.

Back