What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs' Spears working hard for wins

RSSBot

News Junkie
Brittany Spears admits that she had chalked up her senior season as a rebuilding year when she first heard of the Colorado women`s basketball team`s coaching change.

More...

20100802__03dcslbu_500.jpg

I'm very impressed that Spears did not leave after classes ended in May. Great senior leadership that she's been pushing everyone who has been around for summer workouts. She looks like she's in great shape in that photo, too.

Also, kudos to Lappe for refusing to call her first season a rebuilding year. And I agree. She's got 3 seniors including 1 superstar. This team should make some noise in the Big 12 and be in the post-season at the end of the year.

They should have been in the post season LAST year too. They lost a couple of games they could have / should have won and that would have at least put them in the WNIT. I'm hoping that Lappe can improve the mind sets so that the team feels that they should be winning those games and that they play that way. Last year I saw too much playing timid during crunch time and not being able to match their opponents intensity when the opponent stepped it up late in the game.

They should have been in the post season LAST year too. They lost a couple of games they could have / should have won and that would have at least put them in the WNIT. I'm hoping that Lappe can improve the mind sets so that the team feels that they should be winning those games and that they play that way. Last year I saw too much playing timid during crunch time and not being able to match their opponents intensity when the opponent stepped it up late in the game.

Absolutely. I saw a team that didn't believe it could win, with players that didn't have confidence in each other, and a coach that couldn't get them to go through the wall for a victory. If Coach Lappe does nothing more than build chemistry and toughness, this team has the talent to go far this season.

Back