What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-CSU back to Invesco for a good long while

I

• Hate Invesco

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • Love Invesco

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Am neutral on the site

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Dont give $hit

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Re: 'Showdown' settles at Invesco for 10-year-run

Agreed Syko. Why the hell do we agree to play in Ft. Collins in 2020? That's terrible.

And what are we doing in the 2 years where we only have 5 home games? I couldn't figure that our based on the article.

Overall, 2 thumbs down on this one.

They are looking for oppnets for 2 for 1 deals.

I'm sorry but bohn and hawk need to start improving CU.

Agreed Syko. Why the hell do we agree to play in Ft. Collins in 2020? That's terrible.

And what are we doing in the 2 years where we only have 5 home games? I couldn't figure that our based on the article.

Overall, 2 thumbs down on this one.

Bohn better be figuring that out, i support the invesco/CSU game but only if it is our un-official 7th home game.

If we can have six home games plus the game in Invesco Field, we only leave the state five times per season.

Bohn did get more of the games to be considered CU home games for television rights purposes. That plus the 55% split should make this a lot more profitable than a random road game (which is what this replaces if we're still getting 6 Folsom games a year). I'm cool with it. I'd rather it rotated between CSU and AFA, but I'll live.

Remember, we still get 6 home games! Just treat it as a close roadie you get to go to!:thumbsup:

While I hate the game at Invesco, looking at it as a close roadie helps. One thing that concerns me is that it sounds like Bohn will be making this part of the season package again, therefore controlling the cost of what I pay for my 4 season tickets. All about $$$$ for Bohn. I HATE the game in the Denver, period. Brings out the worst in both fan bases and I can't take the kids.

I may have missed this, didnt want to read through all the threads about Invesco, but does this mean that next years game will not be in Ft. Collins, but rather at Invesco?

Bohn did get more of the games to be considered CU home games for television rights purposes. That plus the 55% split should make this a lot more profitable than a random road game (which is what this replaces if we're still getting 6 Folsom games a year). I'm cool with it. I'd rather it rotated between CSU and AFA, but I'll live.

Help me with the math. Does a 55:45 split of ticket revenue mean CU pockets >$2.5M each and every year?

72k Invesco seats * $65 ticket * 55% cut * 2 for home/away = $5.1M

versus

52k Folsom seats * $65 ticket * 100% take * 1 for home/away = $3.4M.

If Bohn got this deal, and the math assumptions are directionally correct, then I'm okay with it.

Although the risk is whether CU and CSU fans will combine to fill Invesco.
Worse case scenario:

50,000 at Invesco, of which 35,000 are CU fans. This assumes only 15,000 Rammies have the fortitude to watch an other beating.

In this case, CU fans pay $2.3M in, but Bohn only gets $1.8M out, and $500K going to reward the Invesco crack addicts that otherwise fail to defend the Sunny Lubick field at Hughes stadium fort. It makes perfect economic sense for CSU to fill less than 45% of Invesco, and release the extras to CU. This is called the Big Brother subsidy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drat. I was hoping the dates of the LSU series would have been settled first.

This idea that you can't take kids to the CSU game is crazy. My daughters very first CU game ever was the 2006 CU/CSU game. Yeah, there were a lot of drunk kids there, so what? We didn't have any problems with anybody.

I'll never say that the atmosphere at Invesco is comparable with the atmosphere in Folsom. That would be a lie. But it's not the worst place on the planet to watch a football game, either.

In the end, this means more money for CU athletics. That's a good thing. Stop whining.

Sack,

Please explain how this makes more money for CU, when they sell fewer tickets at lower prices when the game is at Invesco and either don't get parking/concessions revenue or have to split it?

This idea that you can't take kids to the CSU game is crazy. My daughters very first CU game ever was the 2006 CU/CSU game. Yeah, there were a lot of drunk kids there, so what? We didn't have any problems with anybody.

I'll never say that the atmosphere at Invesco is comparable with the atmosphere in Folsom. That would be a lie. But it's not the worst place on the planet to watch a football game, either.

In the end, this means more money for CU athletics. That's a good thing. Stop whining.

Completely agree.

I just wish those that say it's good for college football in the state would shut the hell up. It's good for both schools for increased revenue, but really how many more fans does this get up to Boulder or Fort Collins for the rest of the season? It's total croc of ****, and only the lambs seem to buy into this.

Sack,

Please explain how this makes more money for CU, when they sell fewer tickets at lower prices when the game is at Invesco and either don't get parking/concessions revenue or have to split it?

I know this was to sack, but the answer is pretty simple. Current scheduling calls for 6 games a year at Folsom. That hasn't changed. The RMS game replaces one of our non-conference away games. Instead, we get a 55% split of a neutral site game and are considered the home team for tv rights in 6/10 years. It's a hell of a lot more money for CU.

Economically, this is a good thing. From a good game, gameday, and fan perspective, it sucks **** through a straw. Unfortunately, the former has wins in today's NCAA.

Thanks. Theoretically that makes sense. However, say that two out of three years we get the game at Folsom, giving us seven home games those years, tv rights those years, higher priced tickets and more tickets sold those years - plus parking and concessions. Doesn't that make more money?

It doesn't really matter. I would rather they be at Folsom, but as long as we win, I don't care.

I agree, I took Avery to the game last year and she wasn't even 3 yet. She loved it and we had no problems at all. People are acting like the game in Denver is like the game is in Iraq or something.

As soon as someone else pays for my tickets, I'll be quiet. But until then, I'm a paying season ticket holder and my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.

And I don't like it.

I agree, I took Avery to the game last year and she wasn't even 3 yet. She loved it and we had no problems at all. People are acting like the game in Denver is like the game is in Iraq or something.

I have had many issues at Invesco. For some reason, win or lose, drunk CSU fans like to try and start **** after the games with me and my 68 year old dad. Thankfully we have not had any physical confrontations yet, but I wouldn't take my kids there.

I wouldn't take them to a Bronco game, either. Different strokes...

I have had many issues at Invesco. For some reason, win or lose, drunk CSU fans like to try and start **** after the games with me and my 68 year old dad. Thankfully we have not had any physical confrontations yet, but I wouldn't take my kids there.

I wouldn't take them to a Bronco game, either. Different strokes...

I saw bad stuff from both sides in the 99,02, and 06 games. Other than that they have been pretty tame IMO. But, I can't see whats going on throughout the stadium, so thats just what I've seen.

I went to the game 2 years ago for my bachelor party, and we unfortunately had seats right next to the CSU student section. My buddy was TACKLED down the concrete stairs when he was walking up to our seats. He did deserve it tho, as he was drunk and decked out in CU gear and was just hollering about the Buffs up to his seat. At one point he got on the railing at the bottom of CSU's section and stood up and started cheering and cheering for CU. That was when he was tackled down the conrete stairs... the cops ended up coming and arresting/ejecting the 2 guys who tackled him down the stairs.

Annnnyyywhoo, that is my rambling story. Beyond that, I've almost gotten into a number of fights when I've been to games at Invesco.

I saw bad stuff from both sides in the 99,02, and 06 games. Other than that they have been pretty tame IMO. But, I can't see whats going on throughout the stadium, so thats just what I've seen.

Let's face it Leash, CSU fans aren't going to **** with the guy in face paint carrying a cross-bow and a giant dead turkey.

I've been pretty uncomfortable with the fan behavior on both sides at that game. Just not something I want to expose my kids to yet.

CU did well in this renegotiation. i am not a big fan of the series, but CU took steps to protect its "6 home games a year" goal. and, CU gets 55% of the revenue. and, CU doesn't have to lose money by playing in the concrete crackerbox up in fort flatlands.

basically, bohn slapped the sheep on the ass and made them beg for more. he probably made them call him "daddy" too.

that last game of the series in fort flatlands will never happen.

CU did well in this renegotiation. i am not a big fan of the series, but CU took steps to protect its "6 home games a year" goal. and, CU gets 55% of the revenue. and, CU doesn't have to lose money by playing in the concrete crackerbox up in fort flatlands.

basically, bohn slapped the sheep on the ass and made them beg for more. he probably made them call him "daddy" too.

that last game of the series in fort flatlands will never happen.

I disagree. CU gave up having games in Folsom and got nothing in return. They were already getting 55% on the Invesco games. CSU couldn't afford to have the game in Ft. Fun. That was a bluff. And Bohn fell for it. CU should be getting a bigger cut of the game in Denver in exchange for agreeing to keep it there. But that didn't happen either.

I'm starting to think Bohn isn't much of a deal guy. Whether it's Miami (OH)/Toledo or CSU, he seems to get the shaft fairly consistently.

I'm starting to think Bohn isn't much of a deal guy. Whether it's Miami (OH)/Toledo or CSU, he seems to get the shaft fairly consistently.

It's the fanbase who gets the shaft in the form of less variety in the OOC schedule and venue.

Skid's alternative
2010 - CSU @ Invesco
2011 - UNLV @ Las Vegas
2012 - CSU @ Boulder
2013 - AFA @ C Springs
2014 - CSU @ Invesco
2015 - UNLV @ Boulder
2016 - CSU @ Boulder
2018 - AFA @ Boulder
2019 - CSU @ Invesco
2020 - SMU @ Dallas
2021 - CSU @ Boulder

True, Skiddy. Bohn gets the shaft and then passes it on to us.

I like your schedule much better than @ Invesco every year, even though it would include some roadies. I would probably attend every game exceopt 2020 @SMU.

Back