What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU fans need a reality check on a coaching change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that this thread is making me consider quitting All-Buffs after 4 years. Things have changed around here. I just re-read DBT's original post here and really don't see why everyone went rabid on him. Seems to be a well-formed opinion to me. He might even be right.

yep.:thumbsup:

15-30. That’s all I can say. 15-30. Nowhere, not even a school that doesn't care about their football team keeps a coach who loses 2 games for every one they win.

Really? So does this coach get fired?

3-8
3-8
6-6
5-7

Thats 17-29, doesn't that bozo need to be canned?

But wait, the next two seasons:

8-5
6-2 and counting.

I'm just sayin' that pissed off fans on a message board perhaps don't have the best judgment about what's best in the long term for a football program.

So as you proceed to bash DBT know that his opinion is as valuable as yours--and none are worth much.

nobody should quit.

let's all dial it down.

dbt has been in a running gun battle with half the board for weeks now. in that gun battle, he alternates between personal attacks and the victim card.

he's a good poster, even still. i hope he stays. i hope everyone stays. except fuskers.

:thumbsup:

Really? So does this coach get fired?

3-8
3-8
6-6
5-7

Thats 17-29, doesn't that bozo need to be canned?

But wait, the next two seasons:

8-5
6-2 and counting.

I'm just sayin' that pissed off fans on a message board perhaps don't have the best judgment about what's best in the long term for a football program.

So as you proceed to bash DBT know that his opinion is as valuable as yours--and none are worth much.

a) your numbers are off
b) Is that you coach Hawk?

It's Mike Stoops at Arizona. That being said people have pointed at numerous similar coaching situations and said we should wait just like they have. I'm sorry, but that isn't reason to hope for random success after numerous years of failure. Last year it was all about Kansas and Missouri, how they waited and now their programs turned the corner. Really? They're both crappy again and were just riding a wave of success. I don't know anything about Arizona other than it probably comes in somewhere between Oregon State and Washington State in terms of importance in the Pac 10. Hawk getting another year should not have anything to do with Pinkel, Mangino or Stoops.

It's Mike Stoops at Arizona. That being said people have pointed at numerous similar coaching situations and said we should wait just like they have. I'm sorry, but that isn't reason to hope for random success after numerous years of failure. Last year it was all about Kansas and Missouri, how they waited and now their programs turned the corner. Really? They're both crappy again and were just riding a wave of success. I don't know anything about Arizona other than it probably comes in somewhere between Oregon State and Washington State in terms of importance in the Pac 10. Hawk getting another year should not have anything to do with Pinkel, Mangino or Stoops.

I agree both coaches should be fired ASAP.

Sad thing is that I REALLY believe Hawkins has been slowly and surely building his bare cupboard into a solid team. I have begun to hope he gets the fifth year to enjoy some success.
(go ahead, throw bricks, I'm ready to duck.)
Because if a new guy comes in and has a great first year, it will be Hawkins' team that does it.
I am in support of a shakeup in the assistant ranks to appease the masses. One more year, I think he gets it, and I think it will be better than this year by far.

Sad thing is that I REALLY believe Hawkins has been slowly and surely building his bare cupboard into a solid team. I have begun to hope he gets the fifth year to enjoy some success.
(go ahead, throw bricks, I'm ready to duck.)
Because if a new guy comes in and has a great first year, it will be Hawkins' team that does it.
I am in support of a shakeup in the assistant ranks to appease the masses. One more year, I think he gets it, and I think it will be better than this year by far.

come closer.

[HIDE]:brick:[/HIDE]

I agree both coaches should be fired ASAP.

Come on that's not what I meant and you know it. I'm trying to get at that you can't look at other schools who aren't performing up to expectations and say that is what we can expect to happen in our situation. There is no reason to believe that Hawk is randomly going to turn the ship around next year. Keeping him is not a crap shoot, it's just plain crap.

Why not? Arizona might be a good parallel to CU in many ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Stoops

In what ways? Arizona is a basketball school that made a smart hire, a la North Carolina, but does not have to rely on football to support the athletic dept. We are a football school with no other strong money making sport to fall back on. If only skiing, x-country and ultimate frisbee were big $ sports, we'd be golden :lol:

now this is a fresh argument. Please expound.

Arizona is BCS school that has a solid academic reputation and had a very nice run during the 90's. Both teams have since struggled to repeat that same success and went out of house to hire a young up and comer.

Arizona is BCS school that has a solid academic reputation and had a very nice run during the 90's. Both teams have since struggled to repeat that same success and went out of house to hire a young up and comer.
win %? championships? CU had more then the 90's.

chilly2.jpg

In what ways? Arizona is a basketball school that made a smart hire, a la North Carolina, but does not have to rely on football to support the athletic dept. We are a football school with no other strong money making sport to fall back on. If only skiing, x-country and ultimate frisbee were big $ sports, we'd be golden :lol:

Football has been around a long time at the UofA, and it has had a few runs at times. Most recently in the 90's.

Over the long hall. CU has won 61% of it's game and UofA 57%. Now lets all argue about a 4% difference.

Last edited:
Arizona is in the top 40 for all time wins.

You know what, **** it. Keep hawk another year and then when losing season #5 comes, watching you eat crow and try to justify keeping him around for a 6th year as you go cubs fan "wait til next year" one more time will be priceless.

Another reason Arizona is a poor comparison, they have done nothing but get better year after year. Hawk has done nothing but go backwards since year 2. I don't know what Stoops' road record is, but something tells me he won more than two games total in his first 4 years.

on some level, deep deep down, can't you just hope that there's a chance Hawkins could find success here?

I do.
yes. And I will listen to it if he goes to a bowl game and gets a top 10 class Until then, I will ruthlessly crush it. :smile2:

on some level, deep deep down, can't you just hope that there's a chance Hawkins could find success here?

I do.

I do too. Then again, I can hope for a lot of things. I hope Hawk wins these next 3 games, gets another year and proves me wrong all of next year. Do I think that has a chance of happening? No, not at all.

I do.
I always root for the Buffs. If you are rooting for a loss, you need to check your loyalties and consider what it is you support.

I wish I could believe Hawk could turn it around. I don't. If CU won every game on the rest of the schedule, DH would STILL have a win percentage of less than .400, (.387 to be exact). That is pathetic. No BCS team except for CU and possibly pre-GB Northwestern would even entertain keeping the coach in htat situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back