What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU football: Backup QB Jordan Gehrke will play in final two games

This is what I suggested after the last game. Don't mind it at all. slight bonus: Might keep Gehrke here instead of transferring.

I don't think anyone believes that Gehrke is the future for the Buffs at the QB except maybe him and his dad.

That said this may be a good thing all around. It never hurts to have a backup with game experience, you can practice all you want but until it happens with you on the field you don't really get it.

For Sefo there are two issues. One is that he is physically beat up. He has taken a lot of hits and hard ones. I recall earlier in the year when he looked like it hurt just to throw the football, a sign of sore ribs. If he has a concussion or even the suspicion it also makes sense to be careful with him.

The bigger factor is that he got thrown in very early. He never had a chance to watch and process things going on. Now he has a lot of game experience. It wouldn't be a bad thing for him to watch some and get a chance to process with the coaches what is going on.

It may be that a lot of turnovers that are happening could be avoided if Sefo gets a chance to slow everything down and develop some awareness of what is going on on the field that he hasn't had a chance to do under fire.

Back