What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU "Football Excellence Fund"

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Looks like this genie was let out of the bottle on Rivals and C.J. has been alluding to it all week. Here's what was posted on Rivals:

Coming March 15th or abouts the "Football Excellence Fund" will be announced. This is a new football only fund which will provide one-time and on-going support for the varsity football program at CU-Boulder. This will help pay for travel, furniture, fixtures, equipment, recruiting, capital projects, programing, entertaining, special projects, salaries and bonus awards for coaches.

With this a new point system is being developed that will go into effect July 1st with our joining the Pac 12.This point system will not only be for season ticket holders and donors but for the people out of state who give to this fund. This will enable them to have priority with season ticket holders to get tics for Boulder games if they come into town but also for all our alumni in Pac 12 country to get priority tics for games in their area of the Pac 12. This fund is already taking donations but look for the official kick off around March 15th. There pushing the Football Excellence Fund now to gain some momentum for Jult 1st.

The program was the brainchild of our California donors and alumni and will be presented there soon. It's going to be run through the Buff Club, but will be its own thing. Some of the big thrusts will be to increase recruiting budgets and coach salaries.

I wonder how this will be viewed by the CU Annual Fund (is that what its called?) folks. I thought all donations to CU went into this fund and then the money distrubuted to various entities. I'd suspect that by putting all donations in one fund, its "earning" power is greatly increased. Now it sounds like football is establishing a fund that will kind of "compete" with the CU Annuall Fund. I'm all for it, BTW.

This is the wave of the future. I like that CU is doing this. We need to.

+1 --- I think more people would be willing to shell out some extra cash if they know that it will be going directly to the football program and now that we have a new staff and new conference we should be able to get a little more momentum for this type of thing. You can count me in for donating this year once my tax return comes back.

Seriously. **** the rest of the student athletes. It pisses me off that my general AD donations go to the baseball team.

Mods. Serious question. Which one is the sarcasm font again?

What's wrong with supporting a program that hasn't had a losing season since the 70s???

I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_you_all-s480x360-106842-580.jpg

I agree, a seriously good move for CU football. If the program picks it up in the PAC-12 and the donations pile in it could definitely help CU to make up some ground in the facilities/coaching salaries gap... the only places where CU is lacking.

Just made my modest contribution to the fund after meeting JE, EB, RS and the rest of the staff/former players. So fired up right now I want to drive up to Uw and beat Sark's ass. GO BUFFS!

P.S. When I mentioned to EB that Sark was pissed re the poaching they did, he just laughed and said good. He has circled Uw as a brick game b/c of their smack talk during and now after recruiting.

Just made my modest contribution to the fund after meeting JE, EB, RS and the rest of the staff/former players. So fired up right now I want to drive up to Uw and beat Sark's ass. GO BUFFS!

P.S. When I mentioned to EB that Sark was pissed re the poaching they did, he just laughed and said good. He has circled Uw as a brick game b/c of their smack talk during and now after recruiting.

So we get to hate purple again?

Man, I can't wait for Oct 15th, 2011. Taligate's gonna ROCK!

Man, I can't wait for Oct 15th, 2011. Taligate's gonna ROCK!

Hey bubblehead,

Can you pull off a CU tailgate party on one of your submarines?
Surface a Seawolf class right there on Puget Sound and invite the Buff faithful on board for some cold brews and gunship diplomacy. Do it!

667518201_zQ9pQ-D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bubblehead,

Can you pull off a CU tailgate party on one of your submarines?
Surface a Seawolf class right there on Puget Sound and invite the Buff faithful on board for some cold brews and gunship diplomacy. Do it!

667518201_zQ9pQ-D.jpg

and can you hit devin aguilar with a tomahawk?

Looks like this genie was let out of the bottle on Rivals and C.J. has been alluding to it all week. Here's what was posted on Rivals:

Coming March 15th or abouts the "Football Excellence Fund" will be announced. This is a new football only fund which will provide one-time and on-going support for the varsity football program at CU-Boulder. This will help pay for travel, furniture, fixtures, equipment, recruiting, capital projects, programing, entertaining, special projects, salaries and bonus awards for coaches.

With this a new point system is being developed that will go into effect July 1st with our joining the Pac 12.This point system will not only be for season ticket holders and donors but for the people out of state who give to this fund. This will enable them to have priority with season ticket holders to get tics for Boulder games if they come into town but also for all our alumni in Pac 12 country to get priority tics for games in their area of the Pac 12. This fund is already taking donations but look for the official kick off around March 15th. There pushing the Football Excellence Fund now to gain some momentum for Jult 1st.

The program was the brainchild of our California donors and alumni and will be presented there soon. It's going to be run through the Buff Club, but will be its own thing. Some of the big thrusts will be to increase recruiting budgets and coach salaries.

When the Buffs win this Saturday against UH, I plan on giving $20.00. Who's with me? I want to play a role in restoring the bricks. GO BUFFS!

https://colorado.donornetpac.com/Login.aspx

Don't forget to select The FOOTBALL EXCELLENCE FUND. Remember, We all owe it to this staff to show support, and money talks.

I'll put in 20 bucks per win.

(I'll probably do something similar in basketball season with its Excellence Fund. One donation after the non-con, one at the end of the conference season, and one as a bonus for post-season play).

Back