What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU football now has a full time social media director

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Maggie Still was promoted from Assistant SID to the new position. This is a very big deal for the program and a long time in coming. If you're on Twitter, give her a follow: https://twitter.com/maggie_still

"Obviously, social media is a big part of college athletics in general and football in particular," CU director of football operations Bryan McGinnis said. "We knew it was imperative that we stay at the forefront of that development. The addition of a full-time social media coordinator gives us the opportunity to engage with our potential student athletes on platforms where they are comfortable, and it also helps us continue to reach out to our fan base in places where they are getting their information on a regular basis."

Still worked as a student assistant in the Buffs' SID office prior to her 2013 graduation, then worked in the digital/SID departments at Nebraska and Oklahoma before returning to CU in January 2017.

Her duties now include formulating a social media strategy that covers day-to-day recruiting efforts, content production (graphics, photography and video), and fan engagement on all social media platforms.

"I enjoy the world of social media, I have always loved college athletics, and I see huge opportunities in the convergence of those worlds," Still said. "It's a way to share Colorado football with fans 24/7. It doesn't just end in December or January. Our goal is to make sure we have Colorado football front and center on a year-round basis."

Still also helps Buffs coaches and players with personal branding and social media skills.

"No doubt recruiting is a big part of it, but it's also a benefit to our coaching staff and current players," McGinnis said. "The presence of a social media coordinator helps us be aware of best practices on all the platforms out there. It is also a way that helps keep us abreast of technological developments that will continue to help us spread the word of Colorado football on a year-round basis."

The “fan engagement on all social media platforms” part intrigued me. Any predictions on how this could impact allbuffs relationship with the AD?

Great news! Social media is a huge proponent of recruiting, especially twitter. These kids love Twitter.

Her impact has been evident from pretty much day one in terms of HCMMs twitter account. "He's" been active almost every day in April after nothing since August of 2016. Very important for him to have a social media presence for recruiting, even if someone else does it for him.

I’m sure most other schools already have this position but regardless, it’s a great move for CU. Recruiting, brand awareness, fan engagement etc are all a really big deal and areas we currently lack in my opinion.

For fans, this should mean more content and more frequency. Social media content like Instagram stories tends to be a little more intimate and raw (ie less production) so it’s exciting to see more of that.

That being said, you can bet that it’s all going to be tightly curated. I don’t see it hurting AllBuffs, but actually further differentiating what you can get here- rumors, unofficial news, stuff the school can’t comment on etc.

Recruits spend 75% of there free time on social media. Pay the woman!

I like Twitter but it isn't that big of a deal to me...maybe to those kids and that's what's important.

This should have been done a long time ago. Regardless, definitely a solid step forward. Go Buffs!

Something that is clear after spending some time in the twittersphere is fans of most schools show a hell of a lot more love to recruits versus Buff fans when the recruits mention offers or official visits. I assume the outpouring of comments may be a big deal for recruits. Don’t know how this new person can change our situation, but maybe she can pay people to comment. :D

Something that is clear after spending some time in the twittersphere is fans of most schools show a hell of a lot more love to recruits versus Buff fans when the recruits mention offers or official visits. I assume the outpouring of comments may be a big deal for recruits. Don’t know how this new person can change our situation, but maybe she can pay people to comment. :D
CU has an old fan base after basically 1 good year in a decade

Noticeable improvement in the quality of graphics and such being tweeted out by recruits for the OV’s and other info obviously coming directly from CU. I like what I’m seeing.
Plus they've made it appear that MM actually tweets. Managing that account is important because it's the first one anyone interested is going to follow (fans or recruits).

Back