What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU/FS game postponed to a later date

I could give a **** about Fresneck and what happens with them. The game couldn't be played tomorrow. It would have been stupid and frankly classless to even try it. If they don't make the MWC CCG and we play them then, great. If we don't, too bad, it wasn't meant to be.

Kind of some classless ass clowns on the FSU Scout board

Seriously. The comment about how the Diamondbacks shouldn't play when their is a wild fire in Arizona...let me know when Phoenix is ablaze and then I'll agree.

Sounds like FSU is in discussion with UNLV to move their game to free them up for Oct. 19. We have an opening that day.

At least you can still say you shoulda woulda coulda won the game. in all honesty, I'm bummed we don't have a game to watch and I was expecting a tough game. I'm a little relieved we aren't playing you guys on a muddy field. that kinda chaos makes me nervous. good luck the rest of the season. hopefully we manage to play this season.

Whoa, fresno plays Boise next friday. Could be really good for them to have a 'bye', though they didn't get the benefit of preparing for two weeks.

UNLV and Fresno both have Nov 16th off as well. The 19th is a FSU home game, so it's their own fans that would be impacted by a move, though UNLV would then have byes on 10/5 and 10/19, which wouldn't be optimal.

I was just gonna go to this game as far as I know. This is the only one I could take my son and her there.

If the Buffs are on, I block out every other game going on. Looking at some positives, I gotta be honest - I am also glad that I can watch the Bama/aTM and UCLA/Neb games. (go Bama. Go yellow bears).

Ok. What? BTW, thanks for contributing more information.

The Hawaii exception allows a team playing at UH to schedule a 13th game (a home game) to help defray the cost of traveling to Hawaii. It does not affect the bowl eligibility rules, which are that a team must have at least a .500 record (6-6), and cannot count more than one win against an FBS team.

CU has 10/19 off. FSU is scheduled to play UNLV that day. BUT UNLV and FSU both have 11/16 open. So, IF UNLV and FSU will agree to move their game to 11/16, CU and FSU could play on 10/19.

The Hawaii exception allows a team playing at UH to schedule a 13th game (a home game) to help defray the cost of traveling to Hawaii. It does not affect the bowl eligibility rules, which are that a team must have at least a .500 record (6-6), and cannot count more than one win against an FBS team.

Thanks! Now I remember, we would've needed 7 wins during those Hawaii years.

Was the FSU team already in town when the announcement was made today? How do they handle the travel expenses that FSU will incur twice now that the game is rescheduled? Does FSU eat that cost or does CU have to contribute? That can't be cheap.

Was the FSU team already in town when the announcement was made today? How do they handle the travel expenses that FSU will incur twice now that the game is rescheduled? Does FSU eat that cost or does CU have to contribute? That can't be cheap.
They weren't in town. They delayed their flight waiting for the announcement.

Kind of some classless ass clowns on the FSU Scout board

You know who was all class though?

The school. FSU had a charter already paid for and ready to roll when the decision came down thier response was to say, you know what guys, we have already incurred the expense, instead of flying the team out tell us what we can send out on the flight instead, people, blankets, water you name it, let us know how we can help, it would be our pleasure.

Pure class.

they were not in town yet the decision was made as FSU was gearing up to fly.

The school. FSU had a charter already paid for and ready to roll when the decision came down thier response was to say, you know what guys, we have already incurred the expense, instead of flying the team out tell us what we can send out on the flight instead, people, blankets, water you name it, let us know how we can help, it would be our pleasure.

Pure class.

awesome

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928

As was previously stated, the ideal scenario is to move the Fresno State game against UNLV to the November 17~ period. Both teams have that date open. The FS-CU game can then be played on October 19 as both Fresno and Colorado have that date open. Since it's a home game, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for Colorado. If anything, it will work out better for Colorado since it pits Fresno into the middle of a 4-game road swing.

I wonder what Vegas' motivation would be to move the game?

If the change is made, I'll be interested in what promises were made.

Pure class.

Well did they actually send anything?

I wonder what Vegas' motivation would be to move the game?

If the change is made, I'll be interested in what promises were made.

Since UNLV was set to travel to FS this year, I'm assuming if the switch is made, that the game would then be another home game for the Rebels.

Back