What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - fUCLA Predictions

The crazy thing is despite my prediction, I thought we might have a chance. FAIL. We are so bad. Will we ever be competitive vs a 1/2 way decent team?
Really?

Not sure anymore. First time I've ever been questioning CU's future.
Why do current events permanently affect the future?

Your loss of optimism is oddly sad to me. Someone will need to help Mtn convince us that next year will be awesome. If not you, then who?
I will. What's the worst case? Embree fails for 3-4 years, which would be sad, because that would kill that guy. We replace him and soldier on. Anyone who's managed anything knows it's a process, not an event. Do I like any of this? **** no! But caterwauling about the program being screwed forever is just stupid. If I could rep myself for the use of "caterwauling", I would.

Really?

I will. What's the worst case? Embree fails for 3-4 years, which would be sad, because that would kill that guy. We replace him and soldier on. Anyone who's managed anything knows it's a process, not an event. Do I like any of this? **** no! But caterwauling about the program being screwed forever is just stupid. If I could rep myself for the use of "caterwauling", I would.

You are now the "Caterwauling of hope"..:thumbsup:

Really?

You're doing it wrong already. You didn't even try to convince anyone that next year will be awesome!

You didn't even do that. You just said someday it will get better. Didn't even specify a decade. Didn't even say Embree would be the one to do it. I think you need to come to terms that you're not an ideal replacement for tini.

You didn't even do that. You just said someday it will get better. Didn't even specify a decade. Didn't even say Embree would be the one to do it. I think you need to come to terms that you're not an ideal replacement for tini.
I'm really shooting for this decade. Does that help?

Is Alabama worth setting foot in? It's not currently high on my list of states to visit. I've only been to Virginia/DC in the south, it was nice, but humidity sucks.

Is Alabama worth setting foot in? It's not currently high on my list of states to visit. I've only been to Virginia/DC in the south, it was nice, but humidity sucks.

Alabama is fine. Tuscaloosa is a pretty nice campus and obviously the females are up to par. However it's also heavily populated by douchebags with the "Bama bangs" haircut.

My point is 'tini being a diehard Tide fan with "tons of connections" without ever having set foot there. You just know tini was there through the dark days of Mike Shula waving his crimson pompoms through 4-9 seasons.

I've been in AL. No, it is not worth setting foot in. It's barely tolerable to drive through.

I've been flounder hunting in alabama. It's actually kinda fun. You wade out into the gulf (it stays shallow forever) at night with this huge light in one hand and a spear in the other. Then, when you see a flounder sitting stupidly on the bottom, you stab it. At least that's how we did it as 10 year old boys. Pretty fun. Watch out for those sting rays!

I've been flounder hunting in alabama. It's actually kinda fun. You wade out into the gulf (it stays shallow forever) at night with this huge light in one hand and a spear in the other. Then, when you see a flounder sitting stupidly on the bottom, you stab it. At least that's how we did it as 10year old boys. Pretty fun. Watch out for those sting rays!
I'll let someone else handle this response.

Last edited:
I've been flounder hunting in alabama. It's actually kinda fun. You wade out into the gulf (it stays shallow forever) at night with this huge light in one hand and a spear in the other. Then, when you see a flounder sitting stupidly on the bottom, you stab it. At least that's how we did it as 10 year old boys. Pretty fun. Watch out for those sting rays!

Uhhh, there any gators in Bama? Not hanging out in the swamp with gators.

Uhhh, there any gators in Bama? Not hanging out in the swamp with gators.

There are some. Gators stretch from the SE tip of VA down to FL and west to TX.

Tuscaloosa and Auburn are both nice college downs, and they've done a good job resurrecting Birmingham in recent years and making a decent place.

Alabama is fine. Tuscaloosa is a pretty nice campus and obviously the females are up to par. However it's also heavily populated by douchebags with the "Bama bangs" haircut.

My point is 'tini being a diehard Tide fan with "tons of connections" without ever having set foot there. You just know tini was there through the dark days of Mike Shula waving his crimson pompoms through 4-9 seasons.
Never said I was a die hard, in fact, I said I'm a very casual fan of other schools not located in Boulder, CO but I wouldn't expect you to actually be able to read my numerous posts saying that or noticing that in chat last night.

Never said I was a die hard, in fact, I said I'm a very casual fan of other schools not located in Boulder, CO but I wouldn't expect you to actually be able to read my numerous posts saying that or noticing that in chat last night.
Let's spend some time ****ing up those UW fans that keep posting for Utah.

Back