What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU got a dose of REALITY last night, question for posters here...

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
Seriously, is 2009 going to be the year we challenge for the north?

Last night,cu came out like a deer in the headlights. It was obvious from the start that the talent and depth on the west side was superior to that on the east side.

OFFENSE- I'd love to complain here but what are you going to do? This OL is a mash unit and other than gurthy and hea, we have freshman and a sophmore learning the position.Like hawk said,it makes it tough to run the ball and get any running game going and you have no time to set up passing plays.

Tough to get a rythym in the running game and a rythym for our rb's when we run 1 time and then pass 8 straight.

DEFENSE- they have played well at times but we are slooooooow and a poor tackling team,hypolite said after the game that the tackling was bad.

Anytime someone gets to the edge/outside,they are gone.

I didn't expect us to beat texas, but if this OL plays like this from here on out,we'll be hard pressed to win another game,and that goes for tackling also.

If your going to drop 7 into coverage,you can't miss tackles .

I think we can beat kansas but with this OL, I have serious doubts if we can get any consistent scoring or drives going.

Every team knows are situation on the OL and will come after cody, grimes and CO better find an answer and quick. They won't quit though and they still have my support 100%.

my dose of REALITY was that i had hoped we had made some strides in team size (and strength) but Texas dwarfed us at least by my eye-ball test. We just looked small on TV. admittedly, this is UT and not UTEP with some of the bluest of blue chips but i had been hoping...that our size and athleticism was improving at a nice rate. now, not so sure but hopeful.

the Buffs are not an elite team, not even close. ut is an elite team that could win the national championship this year.

the gap is huge right now, particularly when you add in all the injuries.

CU will win some more games this year. i think there are at least 3 wins left on the schedule. ku, kjsu, isu, atm, and the fuskers are all very beatable. osu looks better than expected. mizzery is another nc contender and they will be very very tough for CU.

given what has transpired thus far this year, i'd be happy to get out of the year as bowl eligible.

hawk needs to recruit lights-out again this year. somehow, he needs to sell the vision rather than the reality for one more class at least. i think CU will be much improved next season (not elite, but much improved).

the b12 has gotten to be damned tough and this schedule is going to punish a young team with fading depth.

The Buffs are certainly not an elite team, but the offensive philosophy of the coaches is horrible, imo.

Say what you want about players being injured or suspended or whatever. I didn't like the philosophy against CSU or EWU when the entire starting unit was healthy.

my dose of REALITY was that i had hoped we had made some strides in team size (and strength) but Texas dwarfed us at least by my eye-ball test. We just looked small on TV. admittedly, this is UT and not UTEP with some of the bluest of blue chips but i had been hoping...that our size and athleticism was improving at a nice rate. now, not so sure but hopeful.

Exactly. I am all for signing 24 guys this recruiting season and going from there. We have guys like Cody Crawford getting way too much playing time.

The thing in our recruiting that concerns me, is that we keep losing the talented guys we get... I mean, Maiva.. I miss him! and Kendrick... I don't know what happened there. Maybe it's just the impatience of some of these young guys, who know their talented and what to be a part of a 'Right Now'. I promise though that both Hawks will do every thing they can to see it through. I think Cody IS our man. I do however feel that he needs that line. And Bad. Play calling.. I do have to agree. Do you all think that if we did have our whole line we'd step up and play smash mouth.? I hope so. I think that's a promising future.
As for Scott... He is hitting the holes SLOW! however. remembering how they turned Hugh Charles around, i think the promise for Scott is that he could be the next chris brown. The run however does need to become more of a foundation for this team.
The funny thing is, after we beat west virginia, i thought we Would Beat FSU . etc. But i remember all the preseason posts that we put up. We all knew it would be like this. We are a man's team. No patsies here, and we have to live with that fact. Were punching way above our weight sometimes, but that means that when we get up there, we'll stay up there. We will have earned it, and understand how we got there.
I listened to Hawks interview on the internet the night before, and I still LOVE this guy. I don't think he does as much of the Offensive play calling so i don't blame him for those sorts of things. I love his spirit, passion, but most of all, his reserve and love for the game and players. In my opinion, he's the right man for the job. And i just Hope that everyone will be patient with him seeing as this season is right where we thought it would be.

I don't think Texas is a national championship caliber football team -- very good -- but not in the USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State elite. I also do not think we saw Texas' best effort last night.

I do not know what it is about CU football but we just seem to be spinning our wheels.

I don't think Texas is a national championship caliber football team -- very good -- but not in the USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State elite. I also do not think we saw Texas' best effort last night.

I do not know what it is about CU football but we just seem to be spinning our wheels.

Ohio state ? I'm thinking texas could play with ohio state.

Yea, it definitely looked like UT was bigger and faster, and indeed they were.

I think most of us were expecting in the 6-8 win range given the schedule and youth and I still think we'll end up in that range.

Back