What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU hosting 2018 NCAA Ski Championships in Steamboat

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
WereHosting_16x9.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — The University of Colorado has been selected to host the 2018 NCAA Ski Championships in Steamboat Springs, Colo., the NCAA national office announced Tuesday.

The championships will take place March 7-10, 2018, with the Nordic races and the slalom race being decided at Howelsen Hill and the giant slalom on Mount Werner.

I hope it works with my schedule to go to this. I've never been to a ski event. Looks like it would be cool.

That Skin Championship is going to be one hot ticket!

Fun aside, I'm glad they are putting it at a resort somewhat close the metro area. 3 hours is better than if they tried Aspen or Snowmass, but still farther than the Summit County resorts.

I'm guessing the more trafficked results didn't have as much of an incentive to host the event. Steamboat is a world class venue - they should be able to put on a world class event.

PS - I just looked it up, and the 10th is a Saturday - pretty serious commitment by the resort - good for them!

Last edited:
Noticed this also. Hope many fans are able to make it!

With the Buffs and Steamboat already having hosted in 2016, and now committing to and being rewarded 2018, sounds to me like some combination of CU coaches and staff, and the folks at Steamboat, should be greatly commended for being able and willing to take this responsibility on again so soon.
(For those who don't follow these championships closely, the tradition is to alternate hosting duties between Western and Eastern schools, so this will be in effect a back to back hosting by the Buffs as far as Western hosting goes.)

Back