What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in Hawaii 2011

Use Momondo

http://www.momondo.com/

I found Denver to Honolulu on 9/1 - 9/6 for $331 total. This is honestly the most complete travel search engine I have ever used. It compares more online travel sites than anyone eg) KAYAK and also has more airlines than I have seen in one place.

http://www.momondo.com/

I found Denver to Honolulu on 9/1 - 9/6 for $331 total. This is honestly the most complete travel search engine I have ever used. It compares more online travel sites than anyone eg) KAYAK and also has more airlines than I have seen in one place.

That's the same deal I found on Expedia, BTW. Just sayin'.

Another trick you can sometimes use is to find a great deal on Expedia and then go directly to the carrier's website. The fare may be the same, but you might also get some goodies like free bags or extra miles if you book on the carrier's own website.

331$ is a screaming deal. i just paid 430$ for DIA to Washington DC (but I am going to the US Open Mon-Sat with a USGA "guest" pass....).

Hawaii and a 100$ in er pocket or DC? hmmm.....

Sacky, get your **** together son. less than 400 bones to go to Hawaii... I haven't seen that kinda deal in YEARS.

Sacky, get your **** together son. less than 400 bones to go to Hawaii... I haven't seen that kinda deal in YEARS.

I know it's crazy. Aside from the money, there's miss sackman's schooling to consider. I don't want her to miss too much school, especially when she's going to be missing a couple days in October. I know that sounds crazy, but it's a consideration. Us old folks with kids have to deal with this stuff a lot.

I know it's crazy. Aside from the money, there's miss sackman's schooling to consider. I don't want her to miss too much school, especially when she's going to be missing a couple days in October. I know that sounds crazy, but it's a consideration. Us old folks with kids have to deal with this stuff a lot.

Fair enough. My only problem is getting babysitting. The pooch graduated long ago :lol:. But it would only be a day or 2 of school. Just make her go to school when she's acting sick a little more often and you will make it up. Sounds good to me. :wink2:. Plus, mrs. Sackman prob likes her some hawaii time.

331$ is a screaming deal. i just paid 430$ for DIA to Washington DC (but I am going to the US Open Mon-Sat with a USGA "guest" pass....).

Hawaii and a 100$ in er pocket or DC? hmmm.....

I've gone to Honolulu the last 2 years. First time in September it cost $440. This time in May and it cost $630. $331 is the cheapest fare I've ever seen. Oh and Sackman, the site I put up is a travel site search engine, so yes of course it found your Expedia deal. Which is a smoker! I might just go again in September.

In.

Just booked. I'm going solo. I have a buddy who is a season ticket holder for UH. I'll crash at his house or his parents house. Sackygate in Honolulu has a great ring to it.

BTW- the fares are going up as we speak. the $331 deal is gone, but I got a deal for $389, which is still smokin.

In.

Just booked. I'm going solo. I have a buddy who is a season ticket holder for UH. I'll crash at his house or his parents house. Sackygate in Honolulu has a great ring to it.

BTW- the fares are going up as we speak. the $331 deal is gone, but I got a deal for $389, which is still smokin.

Nice. Very nice. Now where is my rep for reporting the ridiculous fares? :lol:

Yup. Solo too. You are gonna be able to get in some good trouble. Got any plans for what you are gonna do yet?

I don't plan stuff in Hawaii. I just do whatever sounds good at the time. We'll probably do a sunday brunch at the shorebird with my buddy's family though. That's kind of a tradition. I may go the the Missouri, which I haven't seen yet. Otherwise, it'll be a lot of beer drinking and hanging out at the beach.

I don't plan stuff in Hawaii. I just do whatever sounds good at the time. We'll probably do a sunday brunch at the shorebird with my buddy's family though. That's kind of a tradition. I may go the the Missouri, which I haven't seen yet. Otherwise, it'll be a lot of beer drinking and hanging out at the beach.

I have excellent food suggestions. Lemme know.

I have excellent food suggestions. Lemme know.

As we get closer to heading out there, we should all get together and see if there's something we'd all like to do. My evenings will be taken up with my buddy and his family, but my days are wide open.

Need a screamer SEA-HNL deal to pop up...last check was $488 per.

Be flexible with your dates if you can. I'm going out the 31st and coming back the 5th. My fare was 389 RT and I'm flying through Seattle from Denver.

Even being flexible w/dates, best I can find right now is $468 per on Hawaiian. The $331 got me going - as I'm spending $280 RT BOI-SEA for all this moving crap, figured if I could find something under $400 RT per - I could get away with it, bring Ms. NB96 and sell it as a belayed 15th anni present (15th is next Wed.)

Even being flexible w/dates, best I can find right now is $468 per on Hawaiian. The $331 got me going - as I'm spending $280 RT BOI-SEA for all this moving crap, figured if I could find something under $400 RT per - I could get away with it, bring Ms. NB96 and sell it as a belayed 15th anni present (15th is next Wed.)

Ya those deals are gone :(

First half of my schedule is set. Waikiki Friday night, game on Saturday, North shore from Sat to Wed.

Still trying to decide between the Big Island and Kauai for Thursday - Sunday.

First half of my schedule is set. Waikiki Friday night, game on Saturday, North shore from Sat to Wed.

Still trying to decide between the Big Island and Kauai for Thursday - Sunday.

My vote would be for the Big Island. Not that you're soliciting my opinion on the matter...

Ya those deals are gone :(

Guess I better put a fare alert on one of the sites and maybe I'll get lucky in a couple of weeks. Would love to get back for the game - have game day figured out...stay at the Navy Lodge on Ford Island the night before and night of the game, pre-tailgate at the lodge then go to the parking lot for actual tailgate...sigh...

The deals were going as I was buying my tickets. I had to mess around with the dates to get mine. At one point, the fare was changed between the time I picked the flights and went to purchase the tickets. It's obvious that was a "mistake" fare. They happen sometimes. When they do, you gotta jump.

Back