What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in the Pac-12

It's about valuing recruiting. I don't hear many recruits overwhelmed with our efforts. Plenty of other schools are mentioned as recruiting players hard, CU is rarely mentioned. The CU staff is not lazy, just not acclimated to the new PAC-12 landscape. That HAS to change.

Where are you getting the facts to back this up? Mac has been here for a cup of coffee! There simply isn't the data yet to blast him or his program. He has West coast ties and knows the Cali lanscape and others out here much better than say Butch Davis would have. I think we need to give him some damn time to effect change and get guys in he wants!

We all need to take a breath, Oregon is possibly the best team in the land, OSU is damn good too. Throw in ASU at home another very good team and I am not surprised by being beat down the past few weeks, there will be more beatings coming too. So let us all prepare for that, but let us also realize we have a brand new coach and he walked into an atrocious mess. We can rebuild, we can regain respectability and we will.

Where are you getting the facts to back this up? Mac has been here for a cup of coffee! There simply isn't the data yet to blast him or his program. He has West coast ties and knows the Cali lanscape and others out here much better than say Butch Davis would have. I think we need to give him some damn time to effect change and get guys in he wants!

We all need to take a breath, Oregon is possibly the best team in the land, OSU is damn good too. Throw in ASU at home another very good team and I am not surprised by being beat down the past few weeks, there will be more beatings coming too. So let us all prepare for that, but let us also realize we have a brand new coach and he walked into an atrocious mess. We can rebuild, we can regain respectability and we will.
Agree with the we can statement. The we will statement not sold on yet, some changes are going to have to be made at the administration / leaders level. at-least in their thought process. Just the coaches are not going to be enough. If players are not seeing progress or results on the field, they need to see the commitment in facilities and help getting players to qualify.

Yeah, we'd be so much better off forging ahead with facilities, etc. had we placed ourselves in a conference that would have provided around 1/20th of the $$$ the Pac will be providing.

And even what's scarier is that MWC teams have been spending money too. I wonder when Kiz will say that the Buffs belong in the Big Sky Conference. Wait, they are actually building facilities in the Big Sky...let's talk about the D2 RMAC. Wait, there is a plan at the School of the Mines to build something and Adams State from Almosa even built some new football facilities...when will CU actually build something for football? Even my D3 school that I graduated from did install FieldTurf and build some new stuff. Perhaps the NIAA might be calling soon.

Good stuff Nash. I eagerly await checking this thread tomorrow afternoonish. Bold indeed.

I hope I'm right about the transition part since CU's Pac-12 transition mirrors what OU went through. If that is the case, CU will be the 2015 National Champions. Book it. :nod:

This pretty much sums up everything wrong with CU Athletics, but football in particular

THAT is the reason why Kiz wrote that article and I agreed with him. If we are not going to be a BCS program, let's just move to the MWC.

Don't agree with anything Kiszla says. He doesn't. He's just plays the part of a contrarian to stir things up.

Kiz article today per being a QB at CU: Being the kind of young man Sefo has been thus far in his life, he will only use this to further motivate himself. He knew coming into our situation that the workload was going to be heavy. I say it won't faze him. Both Sefo and CU belong even if tough sledding at present.

Must be real "cheery" in the Kizla household around Christmas time.....

Thanks for the help there Kiz!

And even what's scarier is that MWC teams have been spending money too. I wonder when Kiz will say that the Buffs belong in the Big Sky Conference. Wait, they are actually building facilities in the Big Sky...let's talk about the D2 RMAC. Wait, there is a plan at the School of the Mines to build something and Adams State from Almosa even built some new football facilities...when will CU actually build something for football? Even my D3 school that I graduated from did install FieldTurf and build some new stuff. Perhaps the NIAA might be calling soon.

I hope I'm right about the transition part since CU's Pac-12 transition mirrors what OU went through. If that is the case, CU will be the 2015 National Champions. Book it. :nod:

THAT is the reason why Kiz wrote that article and I agreed with him. If we are not going to be a BCS program, let's just move to the MWC.
Hell UCCS (University of Colorado Colorado Springs - for those that did not know) in Colorado Springs does not even have a football team. Is linked to CU / sister school and they are building a football facility and starting a football program.. They even get it.

Last edited:
Hell UCCS (University of Colorado Colorado Springs - for those that did not know) in Colorado Springs does not even have a football team. Is linked to CU / sister school and they are building a football facility and starting a football program.. They even get it.

Now we can say that Benson might not be the problem but DiStef IS the problem.

Perhaps CU-Denver will announce they are starting an athletics program soon...they even already have a mascot.

I guess Tini is happy with a MWC admin in Boulder.

Well I'd be curious to see a MWC who pays their HC $2MM, the total assistant salary being $5MM, and then $700K for a new AD. Yes the past was awful administration wise, but we are spending money and there are some very positive reviews from donors on Rick George and the rest of the admin. Time will tell but they've put their money where there mouths are.

Sent from a red light

3-22 overall (I counted CAL '11 which actually makes it look better)

2-11 on the road
1-11 at home

Average defeat=31.16 points
Average victory= 7.667 points

3 losses decided by 2 TD's or less
4 losses decided by less than 25 points
4 losses by deficit in 20's
4 losses by deficit in 30's
5 losses by deficit in 40's
1 loss by 56 points

We are no where near any Pac-12 team right now, and it's not even close. It's time for some serious soul searching at CU. This will be the 3rd year of being an utter embarrassment
You are counting 3 lost seasons of the worst horror movies/coaches CU has ever known. The real rebuilding starts this season and we are 3-3. I can live with this...you might not be counting Hawkins, but I am.

Well I'd be curious to see a MWC who pays their HC $2MM, the total assistant salary being $5MM, and then $700K for a new AD. Yes the past was awful administration wise, but we are spending money and there are some very positive reviews from donors on Rick George and the rest of the admin. Time will tell but they've put their money where there mouths are.

Sent from a red light

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...ise_state_football_coach_chris_petersens_new_

BSU will soon be paying their coach $2 million per year. But the rest of the MWC doesn't pay as much.

When we hired HCMM for $2 million per year, I got the feeling that the MWC admin in Boulder might be trying to be more like a Pac-12 admin. That $700k was another eye opener as well. If CU can raise the $50 million soon, I think we might finally be reading more positive articles from Kiz and Henderson because they will be fooling no one in Colorado with those anti-CU articles.

Am I sorry for ever saying that CU ought to join the MWC? Not at all...that kind of criticism from Kiz was 100% justified. Bohn was paid a MWC salary, Hawkins was lucky to be still employed and still earned a MWC salary. CU was paying their coaches and admins more along the lines of the Pac-10 which had a bad TV contract when CU was in its last five years of the Big 12. Once the money went up for the Pac-12, CU was left in the dust again until just recently.

The final step is a new chancellor in Boulder. :nod:

EDIT: Forgot about Tad's new contract...that was another positive step.

Back