What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in Yuri's top 2?

Hard to choose between Left Hand and Oskar Blue's, but Left Hand's Milk Stout Nitro might be my favorite beer at the moment.

Lefthand.

Oskar Blues puts way too much emphasis on hops, IMO. It's a copout for making quality beer.
eh, its a lot of hops, but they make very complex hoppy beer, so I don't think they are copping out.

Hard to choose between Left Hand and Oskar Blue's, but Left Hand's Milk Stout Nitro might be my favorite beer at the moment.

I tend to prefer whichever one is cold and in my hand with the top open at the moment.

Best beer is an argument kind of like most attractive woman, highly subjective and based on personal taste. A huge advantage in Colorado is the huge number of quality brewers and the variety of what they are producing, and this is all over the state.

Lefthand.

Oskar Blues puts way too much emphasis on hops, IMO. It's a copout for making quality beer.

can't really agree with you. The Pale is the only hoppy beer in their entire lineup. Even the Imperial Red clocks in at 60 IBU (the Pale is at 63). The Pilsner is absolutely amazing. Their biggest problem is every single beer is unsessionable (is that even a word) basically so high in alcohol you can't have more than two of most of them.

can't really agree with you. The Pale is the only hoppy beer in their entire lineup. Even the Imperial Red clocks in at 60 IBU (the Pale is at 63). The Pilsner is absolutely amazing. Their biggest problem is every single beer is unsessionable (is that even a word) basically so high in alcohol you can't have more than two of most of them.

Old Chubb is a decent enough brew. Mtn is right, though. It's totally subjective. I happen to like Left Hand brews much more than Oskar Blues. Pumphouse is probably better than both, but they're just a brew-pub, and don't sell outside of their own walls.

Old Chubb is a decent enough brew. Mtn is right, though. It's totally subjective. I happen to like Left Hand brews much more than Oskar Blues. Pumphouse is probably better than both, but they're just a brew-pub, and don't sell outside of their own walls.

:thumbsup: pumphouse is hit or miss, but I have had some good beers there.

Which is why I questioned bringing up southern sun.

you mean the Southern Sun/ Mountain Sun that has won medals at the GABF compared to McMenamins which returned this:

Sorry, your seach for mcmenamins returned no results. Please try again.

Mountain/Southern Sun's business model is stolen, correct. However, their beer is ****ing amazing.

Mountain/Southern Sun's business model is stolen, correct. However, their beer is ****ing amazing.

I have been to Southern Sun once and yes, it's a direct copy of McMenamins, right down to the font on the menus. I found the beers to be good but nothing spectacular, which is more-or-less what I think of the beer at McMenamins. Maybe I wasn't giving them a fair shake since I was still shocked at them being a copy.

I have been to Southern Sun once and yes, it's a direct copy of McMenamins, right down to the font on the menus. I found the beers to be good but nothing spectacular, which is more-or-less what I think of the beer at McMenamins. Maybe I wasn't giving them a fair shake since I was still shocked at them being a copy.
I'm shocked you didn't like their beer. Which ones did you have?

I'm shocked you didn't like their beer. Which ones did you have?

I never said I didn't like them just that I wasn't blown away by them. I don't remember what we were drinking since it was a large ultimate team (from Oregon) and we were drinking pitchers (that and it was a year and a half ago). We were all laughing at the place too.

I never said I didn't like them just that I wasn't blown away by them. I don't remember what we were drinking since it was a large ultimate team (from Oregon) and we were drinking pitchers (that and it was a year and a half ago). We were all laughing at the place too.
Sounds like you were distracted and or just trying to get drunk.

Back