What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU is a mediocre or worse PAC 12 basketball team

Can one of you smarty pants hippies post the records of all the PAC teams in away games in this thread? Other than UW and perhaps AZ and fUCLA, I'm struggling to remember who is good all the time when they play away this year. I'd look it up myself but I'm drinking and will probably get laid tonight by a solid 7 (8 if I drink more) later tonight but I know some of you have only stats and your hooves to play with at the moment. It may even be posted elsewhere in this forum but be a gent and move those figures to this thread. My point is...maybe the stats will reflect that CU is not unique on the road. Maybe you all are piling on in your hatred of this team. Let's see some numbers huh?

No one is expecting to go 8-1 on the road in the Pac. They are expecting to be capable of scoring more than 20 in a half at Washington, and showing equally zero life at Arizona State.

I'm not but even still, he's a 2. Maybe a solid 3 with the caveat that I was wasted at the time. His technique was lacking to put it bluntly. Say, did your wife leave you? Sorry bro! Heard that on one of these threads. Still, I hope you got the German Shepherds in the deal. Let me know if you need Nutro or Eukanuba coupons. Make sure you understand how to be a cunning linguist next chance you get.

No one is expecting to go 8-1 on the road in the Pac. They are expecting to be capable of scoring more than 20 in a half at Washington, and showing equally zero life at Arizona State.

Let's not mince words or truths as adversaries. Your team got all messed up in the head when the refs gave the game to AZ. This is all symptomatic of those results. You'll rebound at say...the Cal game. We suck on the road. Not to be confused with us sucking at home. At least you got 1 win prediction correct. :thumbsup:

I trust Tad to get this turned around. He's earned a lot of slack from the fan base as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not but even still, he's a 2. Maybe a solid 3 with the caveat that I was wasted at the time. His technique was lacking to put it bluntly. Say, did your wife leave you? Sorry bro! Heard that on one of these threads. Still, I hope you got the German Shepherds in the deal. Let me know if you need Nutro or Eukanuba coupons. Make sure you understand how to be a cunning linguist next chance you get.

If my wife leaves me I probably wouldn't get the dogs. life is just unfair for guys.

Let's not mince words or truths as adversaries. Your team got all messed up in the head when the refs gave the game to AZ. This is all symptomatic of those results. You'll rebound at say...the Cal game. We suck on the road. Not to be confused with us sucking at home. At least you got 1 win prediction correct. :thumbsup:

Your struggles are a comfort. I still suspect a potential sweep on you.

PS. Don't take it too hard when Stanford kicks your ass this weekend.

Your struggles are a comfort. I still suspect a potential sweep on you.

PS. Don't take it too hard when Stanford kicks your ass this weekend.

I like your style...Why don't you win a game and then talk sh*t scrub.

Post edit: I bet you bench 185 with a spotter.

Last edited:
I like your style...Why don't you win a game and then talk sh*t scrub.

Post edit: I bet you bench 185 with a spotter.

A Cal grad talking ****? You're probably one of those Cal band guys -- 185 zits, 135 lbs. Cal is so lame you couldn't even invent your flamboyant band, you copied it from Stanford. Wannabes. You probably dreamed of being that Cal student radio guy to commentate on games, but couldn't even whiff it, so you drunkenly cry yourself to sleep every night wanking it GiA-style. Don't worry though, it's okay, no one listens to that student radio guy, because your apathetic fanbase sucks in supporting your school. There are libraries louder than Haas.

I've got bragging rights for two reasons: We lead you 2-1 in the Pac-12. We are the Pac-12 Tournament Champions. Actually, make it three reasons, because you lost to Harvard at home and have less wins than CU. So **** off, and come back and get owned after CU beats you with ease next week.

Last edited:
and if the buffs go on to win 5 of their next 6 then what? We are honestly not that far away from that happening. They need to get back to their fundamentals though. Also need to start playing Tad's style of D that we have become accustomed to.

As in, an offensive set that involves more than simply passing around the 3-point line, right? That's pretty fundamental. Telling our incredibly talented SG with a basketball IQ of about 75 to maybe stop shooting terrible outside shots that have a snowball's chance in hell of going in? Seriously, can no one pull Askia aside and tell him to play within himself a bit more?

We simply look like a lost team right now. There's no confidence and we don't know who to turn to when we need buckets. Honestly, I would love to see Scott get a tad more fierce and we just revolve the offense around him much more frequently.

I also want to see Shane relegated to a guest-spot in the spinning tuba player song. everything he does is comedy gold.

We're not "worse than mediocre". We're a team that has played Arizona and Washington (on the road) + UCLA, and only 2 of 5 at home (soon to be 2 of 6). Should we be 1-4? Absolutely not. However, come back and make this assessment in March. Now frankly isn't the time. It's an incomplete body of work.

Don' try to reason with rialto. This is just another part of his "Mike Bohn should be fired" campaign, attempting to show how bad a hire Tad was.

Any CU MBB observer with two working brain cells recognized that 12/13 would be a work-in-progress season because of youth and inexperience.

All rialto is doing is confirming the one or both of his brain cells are not working.

The lousy guard depth/recruiting is laughable. Spencer and Ski are Sophomores. They didn't magically become bad recruits. Although Ski is JR Smith, its frustrating. I was talking with Rumblin' during the game too, I think Stalzer is already capable of contributing on offense. He is just hopelessly lost on defense. It was even evident during the Washington game, right after he got his 3 point play, he came back and gave up on open 3 on Defense, and then was on the bench. It will come for him, he's capable. It just might not be this year.

This may be the result when your starters are two true Freshmen, two true Sophomores and a Junior. And when you have zero help off the bench.

This team will be a lot better next year with the incoming players (redshirts and Freshmen) and another year of experience for the guys who are playing.

Oregon is also starting 3 seniors to go with their two freshman. The next 3 guys off the bench are a senior and two juniors. If we start our lone senior, the next 3 guys off the bench are probably all freshman (X, Stalzer, and Talton), or maybe Adams. Our team is young and not deep and I would bet that if either Dotson or Artis came here, they would probably struggle.

Let's just admit that this is a transition year and next year should look better when our starting 5 in PAC:12 play will probably be:

Dinwiddie - Junior
Jenkins - RS Freshman
Dre - Senior
Scott - Sophmore
XJ - Sophmore

off the bench will be:

Booker - junior
Fletcher - freshman
Gordon - RS Freshman
Hopkins - Freshman

That second unit will be very talented and we might actually get some bench production next year.

for your starting 5 next year, from what i've seen and heard, i'm thinking Gordon should be in there, possibly before jenkins...

for your starting 5 next year, from what i've seen and heard, i'm thinking Gordon should be in there, possibly before jenkins...

I doubt Gordon starts next year. In all likelihood, he'll probably get 15-20 mpg off the bench. I'm guessing that last starting spot comes down to Jenkins and Hopkins. That gives us better balance too.

I doubt Gordon starts next year. In all likelihood, he'll probably get 15-20 mpg off the bench. I'm guessing that last starting spot comes down to Jenkins and Hopkins. That gives us better balance too.

I'm giving Jenkins the starting nod because he will have a better grasp of the defense. But there is no doubt Hopkins is talented.

I'm giving Jenkins the starting nod because he will have a better grasp of the defense. But there is no doubt Hopkins is talented.
Yeah, Jenkins wouldn't surprise me at all. It probably boils down to who shows better on the defensive end.

According to good old Terry Frei, CSU is the best team in the state. I can't stand that guy.

he might be right about it.

He might. They're a good team. But we'll see what happens when they have a few more games outside Mooby. Right now they're 2-3 on the road, 11-0 in Mooby. They did at least win at U Dub, but I think they may have caught them at a much better time than we did....

He might. They're a good team. But we'll see what happens when they have a few more games outside Mooby. Right now they're 2-3 on the road, 11-0 in Mooby. They did at least win at U Dub, but I think they may have caught them at a much better time than we did....

I do know that CSU fans are delusional and think they are probably the best team in the country right now. Anyone that trolls ram boards want to confirm my theory?

I do know that CSU fans are delusional and think they are probably the best team in the country right now. Anyone that trolls ram boards want to confirm my theory?

I'm 2 months clean from Ramnation. Trying to be a better person and all

I'm 2 months clean from Ramnation. Trying to be a better person and all

you have been much nicer. Here enjoy this cat video:

[video=youtube;SxNNpMj8pkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SxNNpMj8pkg[/video]

CSU is no different than CU. Very good at home, poor on the road. They've had the easier schedule, so the record comparison game simply doesn't work.

he might be right about it.

People actually read the crap that Terry Frei writes? Frei forgets that we handled CSU last month. He's also the same guy who complained repeatedly that the Embree firing was "unfair" and "wrong", etc. The man is an idiot. I don't listen to him when he fills in on the fan, and I don't read the crap he puts out in the DP. The reality with this team----the quality of competition is significantly better than it has been (especially in OOC) in years past, and the conference is significantly better than it was last year. Our success OOC was a little bit of a mirage (we definitely aren't top 25 caliber), but this team should still make the NCAA tournament, and be able to build off that in the years to come.

People actually read the crap that Terry Frei writes? Frei forgets that we handled CSU last month. He's also the same guy who complained repeatedly that the Embree firing was "unfair" and "wrong", etc. The man is an idiot. I don't listen to him when he fills in on the fan, and I don't read the crap he puts out in the DP. The reality with this team----the quality of competition is significantly better than it has been (especially in OOC) in years past, and the conference is significantly better than it was last year. Our success OOC was a little bit of a mirage (we definitely aren't top 25 caliber), but this team should still make the NCAA tournament, and be able to build off that in the years to come.
So, I take it you haven't read "Horns, Hogs and Nixon Coming?"

Back