What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU is hurting . . .

huskermike

Hey guys,
I've lurked here for a few years to keep up on CU news (and to get a few laughs about the Husker threads) but I thought now would be a good time to actually contribute something. What I see you all going through right now looks painfully familiar. Most Husker fans felt the same thing two years ago, and I think most would sympathize. I'm not going to lie and say that I hope you guys win them all but it does suck to see a proud program getting kicked around with little hope in sight.

Anyways, the upside here is that once Hawkins is gone (which looks like it will be a done deal . . . if not this year then next?) and you guys get a good coach . . . the turnaround doesn't necessarily have to take a long time. I don't know if Pelini will ever get us back to where we were but I am certain he will take us further than Billy C ever would. There's no reason to think CU can't make a similar turnaround.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't have to suffer through this for too long. Good luck against Wyoming.

-huskermike

(Also . . . if you guys do end up with a new coach I hope it is Turner Gill. The man is a good coach . . . and more importantly a GREAT man. I think the CU/NU rivalry could become something much bigger and more respectful with him righting your ship.)

Hey guys,
I've lurked here for a few years to keep up on CU news (and to get a few laughs about the Husker threads) but I thought now would be a good time to actually contribute something. What I see you all going through right now looks painfully familiar. Most Husker fans felt the same thing two years ago, and I think most would sympathize. I'm not going to lie and say that I hope you guys win them all but it does suck to see a proud program getting kicked around with little hope in sight.

Anyways, the upside here is that once Hawkins is gone (which looks like it will be a done deal . . . if not this year then next?) and you guys get a good coach . . . the turnaround doesn't necessarily have to take a long time. I don't know if Pelini will ever get us back to where we were but I am certain he will take us further than Billy C ever would. There's no reason to think CU can't make a similar turnaround.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't have to suffer through this for too long. Good luck against Wyoming.

-huskermike

(Also . . . if you guys do end up with a new coach I hope it is Turner Gill. The man is a good coach . . . and more importantly a GREAT man. I think the CU/NU rivalry could become something much bigger and more respectful with him righting your ship.)

Thanks! Were hoping the turnaround starts this weekend, but I don't think anyone of us is going to hold their collective breath that Hawkins can actually get it done this year.

Your comments are appreciated. Any idea on where I can buy Pepto Bismol in bulk?

Appreciate it Huskermike - looks like you're gonna get a couple easy wins from us this year and next, but let's look forward to a good rivalry again after that!

Hey guys,

-huskermike

:thumbsup:

At this point I would welcome a former NU coach or player. We have big uglies and a nice stable of RB's smashmouth is what we need to play with our current talent.

My buddy said he became a huge women's gymnastics fan when his Crimson Tide FB program was going through period of turmoil.

Too bad CU doesn't have women's gymnastics. But there is tennis and golf and cross country and soccer.

Echoing our Husker friend said, this Bama fan says these things do happen and it sucks, but coaching situations eventually do get better.

Hey guys,

-huskermike

Thank my friend. I hope you stick around the board. It will get better but it is going to take some time. The good thing is that when a new coach does come in, the cupboard should not be totally bare. I guess that assumes Hawk is let go sometime this season. If he is allowed to stay beyond this year, the cupboard will start to empty.

Thanks again and I agree, Gill would be a great hire.

I agree, I think Gill would be great for CU. However, I dont know how much Father Osborne would like it.

sympathy from fusker fans... oh lord, how far have we fallen :cry:

Seriously, thx tho. :cry: :cry:

... ok, now go get me a burger and beer....

sympathy from fusker fans... oh lord, how far have we fallen :cry:

Seriously, thx tho. :cry: :cry:

... ok, now go get me a burger and beer....

No worries . . . I'm still going to hate you on the day after Thanksgiving.

:finger2: (Kidding)

I'd have sympathy for fans of any team in your situation other than Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

No worries . . . I'm still going to hate you on the day after Thanksgiving.

:finger2: (Kidding)

I'd have sympathy for fans of any team in your situation other than Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

No Oklahoma, you ain't no Husker

Eh. I don't really hate Oklahoma. Too young for the heyday of the rivalry I guess. I grew up with us dominating them through the 90s . . . and now the tables have turned. Hard to be too excited about it when the games haven't been close.

I agree. Even as a Husker fan, I don't wish what CU fans are going through on anybody. To watch what is happening on the field after having such high expectations coming into the season is just painful.

I agree. Even as a Husker fan, I don't wish what CU fans are going through on anybody. To watch what is happening on the field after having such high expectations coming into the season is just painful.

Yes, and it needs to turn around before too long or there will be kids out there who will go through high school seeing Colorado as a not so great program; the longer this continues the more of those kids there will be. Right now memories of greater days are not that far back, but in another couple of years yesterday's 10th graders will be on their way to college.

Pity from ****ers? **** that ****.

Gads, do my posts here about CU's woes look like just pity?

It is not so much pity as I think and make the posts, personally; it's memories of very hard times here in Husker Nation and, hopefully, some sort of contribution to the board here as to the various aspects of all that.

Back