What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Lacrosse Opens Fall Play Against Denver

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
DENVER – The inaugural University of Colorado lacrosse team took the field at Denver’s Barton Lacrosse Stadium on Wednesday night for its first taste of intercollegiate play.

The Buffaloes opened fall exhibition play against the Denver Pioneers, pulling within two goals on three separate occasions before falling 13-6. The Pioneers closed last season with an 18-3 record and a trip to the second round of the NCAA Tournament, notching perfect 8-0 marks in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and on their home turf.

“Today was a great opportunity for our kids to kick off Colorado lacrosse,” CU head coach Ann Elliott said. “I think we came out and we competed, and that’s what we really focused on all fall with them, getting them to compete and never give up. I think they did that today.”

Read more...

Expecting a lot of beat downs this fall. Their schedule is tough and CU is young and inexperienced. As long as the team keeps learning and gelling and they don't get discouraged from the scores it should really help them going in to the real season come spring.

I am looking forward to seeing them play.

Exhibition or not, Denver was a daunting first test. Now the players know what the standard is, certainly coach Elliott already knows. It's going to be a bumpy ride establishing ourselves, but we're going to get there.

That's a pretty solid showing for the first time out. I would have thought we'd have lost by 20.

Back