What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - LSU home and home

And LSU did win two MNC's in 10 years so I'd say they're not a good team to play when we're down. It's not 1984, you only need 6 wins for a bowl game and that's what we need right now. Saying we play a tough schedule to recruits does nothing.

And LSU did win two MNC's in 10 years so I'd say they're not a good team to play when we're down. It's not 1984, you only need 6 wins for a bowl game and that's what we need right now. Saying we play a tough schedule to recruits does nothing.

What do you mean by "right now?" Does that include 2020 and 2021. Thanks in advance.

And why are you posting girls from other SEC programs?

It appears to me this isn't really about CU. You have an issue specifically with LSU.

I have zero issues with the aside from scheduling them at this current time. Let's see how we do for a few years before we schedule an elite team.

I have zero issues with the aside from scheduling them at this current time. Let's see how we do for a few years before we schedule an elite team.

Ten years into the future is a long, long time from now.

How long are you planning on stringing this out? 2025? 2030?

I'm not for putting LSU on the schedule in Embree years 2-5. But I trust he'll be around for at least 10 years. I'm certainly not expecting CU to change coaches every five years. I believe scheduling LSU ten years out is not a big deal.

Embree will be seasoned. CU will have enjoyed 10 years of Pac16 enrichment. We'll be ready.

What conditions should be met before putting LSU on the schedule?

Last edited by a moderator:
We might be able to fit them in somewhere in the 2040s. We will, of course, require an opt out clause in case we kinda suck in the late 2030s.

Skiddy I'd say 8 wins/year for a few years then hopefully playing them will take us to the next level. I'm not against it in the future but I'd like to see how we do under Embree for a few years before inking us to play them if that makes sense. I'm sure we could work with them in a few years to play them.

To answer your earlier question, I've never been to an away game.

Skiddy I'd say 8 wins/year for a few years then hopefully playing them will take us to the next level. I'm not against it in the future but I'd like to see how we do under Embree for a few years before inking us to play them if that makes sense. I'm sure we could work with them in a few years to play them.

To answer your earlier question, I've never been to an away game.

Get to an away game, if you can swing it. Go to Fresno. Then go to UCLA or Washington. Compare the experience.
A big time tail gate on a big time campus is a lot of fun. LSU is big time. Scheduling Toledo and getting beaten, not so much.

Let's be realistic. A fan can only do so much. We can cheer the team on at home and away.

There's not a lot a fan can do to influence the outcome, other than buy tickets, maybe make a donation, wear the colors, and help contribute to the atmosphere. It's a lot more fun cheering the team on in a crazy-fun environment, preferably on campus or in some bowl game.

The number of wins and losses are in the hands of the players and coaches. Wins and losses take care of themselves no matter what you and I say or do. KState didn't gain respect by playing cupcakes. Neither did CU when we blew out Miami of Ohio or New Mexico State.

You and I both know a two win CSU team does not play better nor recruit better than a 2 loss CU team. It's not just about wins and losses. It's about players showcasing their talents on the biggest stage and doing it on TV. This is why CU recruits better than CSU, even if CSU ends up going bowling and CU does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAn't believe I'm saying this but I agree with tini. We aren't in any position to play LSU for a home and home at this time. Maybe in 5 years.

I agree also. CU needs to schedule to win in the OOC until they start having winning seasons. ​Scheduling teams like ohio state,lsu is just dumb right now.

Skiddy had this thing going in the right direction then you Naysaying Nellies had to go **** it up. You should be ashamed. Talking intracacies of college football scheduling over seeing pics of quality talent that can only be seen if we play some games in the south.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Hell, Creatini. Should we move to the mountain west? If we schedule a bunch of pussies out of conference and move to the mountain west, maybe we can win ALL of our games. That would be sweet, right?

Hell, Creatini. Should we move to the mountain west? If we schedule a bunch of pussies out of conference and move to the mountain west, maybe we can win ALL of our games. That would be sweet, right?
Yeah I guess all of the other teams who schedule weak OOC games to should just move to the MWC as well.

I want this to happen so bad. I have family in baton rouge and it would be sweet to tear it up in the big easy after we win.

and Tini you are a gigantic twat. This is Colorado football we play anyone anywhere anytime, better brush up on your history son.

I want this to happen so bad. I have family in baton rouge and it would be sweet to tear it up in the big easy after we win.

and Tini you are a gigantic twat. This is Colorado football we play anyone anywhere anytime, better brush up on your history son.
I know the history but this isn't the 80's or 90's anymore.

Skiddy - please save us from this insanity. This is getting to be like the re-alignment thread where Tini = Cal84 and AllBuffs, well = AllBuffs

PICS! I've tried already and being 35, I've found myself to be google impaired.

I'm with 'tini. If we had an easy schedule we'd probably be 2-0 right now but you'd all be upset by this? It's better to lose 52-7 to Cal then to beat New Meixco? Wins are what's most importaint, not appeasing people who want to see the Buffs get killed I mean play at LSU. It's not like we have to worry about impressing the BCS computers. We could have played have played CSU, Wyoming and N. Colorado this year and we'd probably end up in a bowl game. Now, that's unlikely but hey were Colorado and we play anyone anywhere anytime so its all good that we went 1-3 OOC.

Exposure in big OOC games is nice, but I'm not sure losing these "showcase" games by 30 really does us any good right now, and that's where we're at. What matters most at the end of the day is W/L's -- recruits are going to be more enticed by seeing that CU went 7-5 + a bowl game than CU going 4-8 "but according to Sagarin our SOS was #8 in the country while Phil Steele had it #11...". At the end of the day 17 year olds aren't going to mind that CU beat Idaho on its way to making a bowl game, just as they aren't going to care about the excuses that our schedule was "really hard" and that's why we went 4-8. Making a bowl game for the first time since '07 would be ****ing huge for this rebuilding project, if it takes a couple cupcake OOC games to make that happen, then by all means do it ASAP. A team in rebuilding mode is going to benefit a bunch from an extra month of practice that bowl games provide, and the national spotlight of a low to mid-tier bowl game is far larger than the spotlight of some random road game in September that CU loses 45-14.

We ****ing beat georgia last ****ing year. For ****'s sake. We don't beat a team like georgia if we play wyoming instead.

You know what has embarrassed cu in the last few years? It wasn't the beatdown against Cal, it was losses to **** programs like toledo, csu, and montana state.

I want to see us move to the Penn State model of scheduling.

Start with an absolute cupcake at home to get our feet wet and get a win.
Play a regional game against a mid-tier team in one of the two other games (CSU for now, since we're in a contract).
Play the third non-con game against a BCS opponent (not necessarily a great one, but sometimes yes).

UGA went 6-7 and got kicked in their bowl game.

No, sh!t sherlock. But did anyone know Georgia wasn't gonna be world beaters that season when the schedule was made? No one knew, but we still scheduled Georgia. Do you know if LSU is going to be having a national title run in 2020? If you think so, you're a dumbass.

Getting back to a bowl game- any bowl game- should be the goal in a couple years. If that means we lighten up the schedule a bit then so be it. The positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

No, sh!t sherlock. But did anyone know Georgia wasn't gonna be world beaters that season when the schedule was made? No one knew, but we still scheduled Georgia. Do you know if LSU is going to be having a national title run in 2020? If you think so, you're a dumbass.
Unless LSU gets hit with sanctions, I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

Play a regional game against a mid-tier team in one of the two other games (CSU for now, since we're in a contract).
Play the third non-con game against a BCS opponent (not necessarily a great one, but sometimes yes).

Agree. And this isn't just Penn State, most schools seem to follow this mold. Unfortunately some people on here wont be happy until we go 0-3 OOC every year as long as they get to to see us play in (blank) stadium or against (blank team) who's going to kick the sh*t out of us.

Unless LSU gets hit with sanctions, I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

Georgia didn't have sanctions and they fell. Michigan was "clean" and fell (before the recent sanctions). Same with Notre Dame and they continue to suck despite good recruiting/funding. Hell, Texas won a national title with one of the best teams ever fielded not too long ago, what happened last season? You're clearly wrong to assume that when a team has no sanctions, they are always going to be amazing.

That's exactly what I want and I think everyone would get on board with that. Every couple of years we could play a big time game like LSU. I don't think anyone really wants our OOC to always include OSU and Cal in the same year, along with an away game to Hawaii.

I'd also like it worked in there to try to get games where we recruit. So.. games vs Texas teams or hell, even more games in Cali wouldn't be bad.

Back