What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU - LSU home and home

2-0 for Cal looks better than 0-2. Hawaii, well 1-1 still looks better. But hey, at least we can say we played a tough schedule! Makes it all worth it.

If we lost a close game to Oklahoma and then a close game to Alabama to start this season, I would still say we suck. Unless we win, we ****ing blow. There is no silver lining to losing with tough schedules. However, I don't remedy this by saying, well we suck, we might as well play other ****** teams. I say we need to get better. Beating Idaho State doesn't help get better.

Hawaii isn't that good and Cal isn't that good. We are 0-2 because we aren't good. Not because we scheduled too difficult of teams. Yeah, we could have chosen a couple of teams we would beat, but that doesn't make us better.

No. But you're thinking like you can go straight from sucking to being good. We've got to get to mediocre first and that means making a bowl game and getting the bump from recruiting that comes with it. Even the top teams in the country worry about death by scheduling. We have no business playing the toughest schedule in the country.

Please read the post. K thanks.

We can't schedule in five years. Didn't you read the bleacherreport URL in post #4?

Didn't you read my post #81 that explains that 2011 scheduling is a one time event?

There is no discussion about CU playing LSU in the years between 2012-2015. Got it?

W-L affects national perception of a program and when you are rebuilding a losing team it is more important for the team to win games than it is for you to lose to OSU, LSU, and FSU OOC because it pleases a niche of diehard fans who think this is the early 90s. Give me a break. Getting stomped by superior teams when everyone else is trying to set the table for winning seasons only hurts CU.

Playing CSU, two tossups, and one no-hoper every year is stupid and detrimental.

So you think CU will be building in 2020? Interesting....

No. But you're thinking like you can go straight from sucking to being good. We've got to get to mediocre first and that means making a bowl game and getting the bump from recruiting that comes with it. Even the top teams in the country worry about death by scheduling. We have no business playing the toughest schedule in the country.

I don't think we can go straight from sucking to being good. I just don't think playing cupcakes is a good way to go. I like the ABC model proposed. I don't like the "let's be 3-0 before the season even starts" model. The games should matter.

I don't think we can go straight from sucking to being good. I just don't think playing cupcakes is a good way to go. I like the ABC model proposed. I don't like the "let's be 3-0 before the season even starts" model. The games should matter.

Ok, then we agree.

I would love to hear that we scheduled LSU. I just don't want to hear that we put another BCS program on the OOC schedule for the same seasons.

I hate losing, too, Embree and crew are just getting started. It would be nice to not have a 2011 schedule in 2012-2014. And we don't. The next few years look easier than 2011.
2012 - B?C (CSU, tbd, @Fresno)
2013 - B?C (CSU, tbd, Fresno)
2014 - B?B (CSU, tbd, Hawaii)

By 2015, 100% of the players will have been recrutied by Embree. He'll have his team and his system in place. The team will look and play differently than they did in the Hawaii and Cal game at the beginning of 2011.

How about we agree that LSU shouldn't be penciled in until 2020?

:nod: And that's NB, muthaka!
I'm just tired of this discussion - I think this is like the infinity squared thread we've had on this topic.:dead-horse-fast2:

Edit: and it never hurts to look at SEC coeds!

Sorry NB.
Maybe this scheduling philosophy threadjack will finally die down and we can get back on topic.

4b2008ca-16e4-b3ee.jpg

4b2008ca-16f1-bd7e.jpg

Do I think we will be rebuilding in 2020? I really have no idea.

Do I think LSU is likely to be an elite team in 2020? Yes.

Do I think we will be rebuilding in 2020? I really have no idea.

Do I think LSU is likely to be an elite team in 2020? Yes.

Miles will be 67 years old in 2020. Given his $3.75M salary, the stress of coaching in the SEC, and his age, Miles probably is gone. LSU has as much chance of rebuilding under a new HC as does CU IMO.

It's important to think about the impact of the PAC contract on CU's budget. CU will be able to pay it's coaches much better by then. There should be room for facilities investments that play into CU's future. Embree and CU both have a huge upside. But even if coach BeerMe doesn't grow into his role, CU will be in a much stronger position to attract some quality HC talent that we might not have been able to touch during the last search. That goes for Bohn, too.

Embree should get four or five years at a minimum to prove his worth. Seems to me that CU fans have much to look forward to given these factors. It's too bad there is such pessimism due to the 0-2 start when CU has been given an amazing hand to play over the next decade.

Miles will be 67 years old in 2020. Given his $3.75M salary, the stress of coaching in the SEC, and his age, Miles probably is gone. LSU has as much chance of rebuilding under a new HC as does CU IMO.
False. LSU has a much better natural recruiting ground than CU does. Very few leave Louisiana once they get an LSU offer where as CU in Colorado it's not the same, as much as we'd all hope it would be. LSU will always have a recruiting advantage.

False. LSU has a much better natural recruiting ground than CU does. Very few leave Louisiana once they get an LSU offer where as CU in Colorado it's not the same, as much as we'd all hope it would be. LSU will always have a recruiting advantage.

Yes, when it comes to recruiting depth, Louisiana > Colorado. No argument there.

In fact, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida also have better access to recruits.

Coaching counts, though. Florida isn't as potent without Meyer. Tennessee has had some real duds. Richt can't get it going in Georgia.

If the mad hatter leaves LSU, there's no guarantee the successor will be as successful as LSU under the Sabin and Miles eras.

Remember Alabama was having a down period before Sabin came to Tuscaloosa.

Good recruits do better under good coaches. Transitions are tough. Just ask Notre Dame, Michigan, and FSU fans.

To an extent.

Florida hasn't had a losing since 1972 or 1982.

Alabama was on probation prior to Saban

LSU always hires the best coaches money can buy.

I don't know what's up with UTjr though.

To an extent.

1979 - Florida went 0-10. Pell had a rough transition from Dickie.
Spurrier & Meyer had great runs in Florida. The transition from Spurrier to Zook didn't really work out, though. Zook under performed with five loss seasons. Well see how Muchkamp does in his first year.

Bama fans will tell you they hired the best coach money can buy. :lol:

LSU has a love-hate thing with Miles. It pisses them off that Sabin is the better coach.

To an extent.

When I was in my mid-20s, I drove through Baton Rouge and saw a bunch of junky cars with "Geaux Tigers" bumper stickers. I remember thinking, 'I would be so embarrassed to root for a piece of **** team like that. Those guys suck and they go 3-8 every season. Awful.'

You're too young to know what "always" means. LSU will suck again. The Buffs will be great again. When? Nobody knows.

Scheduling usually takes place so far out, you can't even begin to predict, so you don't try. You just set up a great opponent every year or two and wait for the game.

Ultimately, you're far too concerned about records and not concerned enough about games. I know that records matter, and are important to recruits, bowl games, the brand and national perception. I get that.

But ultimately football is about the game. One Saturday afternoon on some great college campus with two great teams. The tailgate, the hope, the heartbreak--all of it. That's what football is about, and that's what matters.

You'll never achieve the greatness that this sport has to offer if you never accept the challenge or pursue the opportunity.

Some random thoughts on this thread:

Until CNS Alabama did NOT hire the best coach. The thought was get a former UA player because they understand Alabama football and outsiders don't. DuBose/Shula fail.

As long as LSU keeps up their fence-they will be a top 10 team. LSU only did not hire the best coaches until CNS and CLM.

College football is about recruiting first and coaching second. If your coach can't recruit you can't win. If you say BSU I might agree with you. The formula is different though-get out of a real conference would be the first step.

Consistently contending for the BCS trophy is about recruiting and coaching. Zook/Meyer. Shula/Saban. Richt/whoever coaches there next.

ut-knoxville is not an easy school to recruit players. Most of the players in TN are in Memphis-400 miles away. Memphis is a combo town-Ole Miss/Ark/Bama/tuk/.

FSUs 'transition' problem was more of a Bobby problem. They will be fine quicker than most.

In your 2020 game at LSU I put you at 17 point underdogs.

Some random thoughts on this thread:

In your 2020 game at LSU I put you at 17 point underdogs.

I have a random thought. BR is a more attractive scheduling destination than T-Town, no matter the spread.

Back