What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB: Top 10 All-Time Players

I'm younger and started watching in the Harrington era, so I'm just posting for my era for who I've seen, even though it's obvious with a history as long as CU that some players would replace the ones that made my list.

Chauncey Billups-Yeah, self-explanatory.
Donnie Boyce-great player on some bad teams.
Jaquay Walls-could take over a game and will the team to a big win.
David Harrison-beast at center, even if he never reached his potential, these were amazing post years
for CU.
Stephane Pelle-A beast and great scorer in the low post.
Reggie Roby-Freak of nature. Still wouldn't surprise me to see him make the league a few years from
now, even at this late date.
Alec Burks-his performance speaks for itself.
Roberson-I'm just imagining what he could have done next to Harrison.
Michel Morandais-Freak of nature athlete who could hit a long three. Streaky.
Cory Higgins/Kenny Price-couldn't pick just one. Loved Price's shot. 42 percent on the threes. Higgins was consistently good for both coaches. Higgins should probably realistically be placed above Morandais, but I just loved watching MM's athletic ability.

Honorable mention: Jamahl Mosley who was a consistent and smart player.

Last edited:
Brent Vaughan

Awesome. I worked with Brent. He was on our company softball team. He's a lefty, and the softball league we were in would only allow ONE guy to hit a home run. Anybody else hits a home run and it's an out. So Brent was always our leadoff guy. He hit it out of the park more than half the time. Dude was 6'9", and he'd step up to the plate and the other team, who usually had their worst player playing RF, would just freak. It was fun to watch.

Any list that doesn't include Jay Humphries is nuts. Before Chauncey, Humphries was considered the best modern era player at CU. He's still probably #2 on that list.

This thread goes perfectly with something I had been planning.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Awesome. I worked with Brent. He was on our company softball team. He's a lefty, and the softball league we were in would only allow ONE guy to hit a home run. Anybody else hits a home run and it's an out. So Brent was always our leadoff guy. He hit it out of the park more than half the time. Dude was 6'9", and he'd step up to the plate and the other team, who usually had their worst player playing RF, would just freak. It was fun to watch.

I enjoyed watching Brent played basketball. Yes, quite tall and very athletic.

Cory Higgins/Kenny Price-couldn't pick just one. Loved Price's shot. 42 percent on the threes. Higgins was consistently good for both coaches. Higgins should probably realistically be placed above Morandais, but I just loved watching MM's athletic ability.

Honorable mention: Jamahl Mosley who was a consistent and smart player.

was a big fan of both Kenny Price and Moslely. rep

as i recall Price came here as a guy who could really create his own shot, maybe blew out a knee?...and only then went to the perimeter to stroke it. he always (obviously) had a great shot....but what we saw at the CEC was a limited Kenny P....even as good as he was.

Mosley was one of those guys the game is losing a position. undersized low post guy with moves, hard worker. but, when the NBA game has guys that size playing the point or at the 3. don't see that kind of rebounder position type player on the low block as much.

Sam Clancy or Lonny Baxter come to mind. great college players who had almost no shot in the NBA. jamahl was not as good as those guys but that he's found a career 10 years after his playing days in the NBA game says a lot.

Last edited:
I think Michel Morandais is getting a little underrated here... a little inconsistent and didn't fulfill his senior campaign the way I thought he would, but his JR year was incredible and when he was on he sure could play. I'd take him and Higgins in my top 10 over Roby.

Jay Humphries - long NBA career
Shawn Vandiver- anchor to one of the only good Buffs squads of that era
Burks - no explanation needed
Billups - see above
Higgins - Solid, solid player
Donnie Boyce - Bright spot on otherwise bad teams
Stephan Pelle - See Cory Higgins
Roby - Amazing scorer
Harrison - underwhelming career
Walls - See Donnie Boyce
Tyron Manlove- All Name Team

edit: Forgot Roberson.

well I would add Cliff Meely, Ken Charlton, Burdette Haldorson, Sox as coach, Jay Humphries and Jack Harvey.

Rodell "House" Guest and Stevie Wise - because I lived in the dorms with them and they were great, really nice guys who helped put together a nice little NIT run in the 1990-1991 season.

Brent Vaughan - because I worked with him at the Dark Horse and at that time he had a super hot girlfriend that was about 4'10" (and he's 6'9" as stated above). I used to rib him about that all the time and ask bad questions - he was a good guy and a gentleman about it :)

Rodell "House" Guest and Stevie Wise - because I lived in the dorms with them and they were great, really nice guys who helped put together a nice little NIT run in the 1990-1991 season.

crazy joe had a couple competitive teams. 3rd place NIT team. beat KU in Boulder that year. OU, OSU, Miszzou in Boulder the next. crazy joe's teams would have brain fart months. lose 7 in a row or 8 of 12 to close out the season. they always had some decent wins and utterly abysmal stretches. run pass score win. i was at the southern utah game that ousted joe. we lose in OT to SUU.

Mosley was every bit as good as Pelle was imo. Only difference was Pelle got to play with a true center in Harrison his last two seasons, and Mosley didn't.

crazy joe had a couple competitive teams. 3rd place NIT team. beat KU in Boulder that year. OU, OSU, Miszzou in Boulder the next. crazy joe's teams would have brain fart months. lose 7 in a row or 8 of 12 to close out the season. they always had some decent wins and utterly abysmal stretches. run pass score win. i was at the southern utah game that ousted joe. we lose in OT to SUU.

I would get so frustrated with his teams and then, yes, they'd knock of KU.

Back