What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU must hire Kirby Smart at the end of the season! Need top coaching talent.

You assume that Bohn was the one who picked Embree....

You're the second person who has brought that up.

First - we were told that people over Bohn's head made the move to allow Hawkins to coach the 2010 season, when Bohn had made the decision to fire him at the end of the 2009 years.

Now - you're the second person to imply that Bohn didn't play a role in the hiring of Embree.

so much of this mess is because CU didn't fire Hawkins when they were supposed to-
not firing him set this program back an additional 2-3 years.. sigh

You're the second person who has brought that up.

First - we were told that people over Bohn's head made the move to allow Hawkins to coach the 2010 season, when Bohn had made the decision to fire him at the end of the 2009 years.

Now - you're the second person to imply that Bohn didn't play a role in the hiring of Embree.

I didn't say he didn't play a role. But if he really didn't get to interview him (don't know this for a fact, but it has been reported), I have a hard time putting the hire completely on his shoulders... And I think we all remember the pressure being applied by prominent alums, donors and certain other sources (remember "e-mail the Regents and demand that they not hire Troy Calhoun!!!!!!!"?) that Embree or EB be the choice. Would it surprise you if certain parties above Bohn bowed to that pressure and effectively took the choice out of his hands? After they took the Hawkins firing out of his hands? I wouldn't be....

In yr 2 at Alabama, Nick Saban lost to University of Louisiana Monroe, 21-14.

NOT AT ALL COMPARING EMBREE TO SABAN....

just saying we are going to have to sac up & support the team for the next two years and where we are cause he's going nowhere-

That was Saban's first year, 2007.

I didn't say he didn't play a role. But if he really didn't get to interview him (don't know this for a fact, but it has been reported), I have a hard time putting the hire completely on his shoulders... And I think we all remember the pressure being applied by prominent alums, donors and certain other sources (remember "e-mail the Regents and demand that they not hire Troy Calhoun!!!!!!!"?) that Embree or EB be the choice. Would it surprise you if certain parties above Bohn bowed to that pressure and effectively took the choice out of his hands? After they took the Hawkins firing out of his hands? I wouldn't be....

It wouldn't surprise me, but it's not a good practice, imo.

It would have been amazing if there were internet message boards around when Coach Mac won ONE game his THIRD year. Those responses must have been incredible.

Let me be clear: I am in no way saying Embree will become the next Coach Mac.
Agreed and agreed.

CU won't get the support they need from west coast alumni until they prove academics are also priority and start making better decisions and investments.

Wrong. New ISU coach won 6 games his first season. This staff sux.
Agreed. All over the football landscape coaches have come in and shown success and turned programs around in one year. simply showing that the program was heading in the right direction after one year. This staff instills nosuch confidence. CU will suck until we get a real coach with real oc/dc or hc experience from a major successful program.

Back