What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU/NU

Buffs1990

Any concerns for the game in 2018 now that the whole UCF staff ( and Troy Walters) heading to Lincoln?

It's just another OOC game to me, but it's an interesting opponent from the B1G. The fact that they have a new coaching staff next year doesn't bother me. I think we will win and I think 99% of the Nub players have no idea who Scott Frost and staff are. I think their weight room is the big draw there.

The schedule is the best possible situation for us in that they have a G5 staff trying to change everything on a bad team, and we get them on the 2nd game of the regime before they can get their feet under them (playing them at the end of the year would have been harder). Having the same staff does help them run more efficient, but it should not be enough player wise. If they come out and beat us, then shame on Mac in his 6th year for not having a now veteran team with a pretty much 3rd year QB ready to go kick an old rivals ASS. One thing that I am worried about is the CROWD!!! It will be similar if not better than Michigan was in 2016, and not as many of our guys played in that game, so hopefully we can handle it. Playing in Mile High the week before will help in basically handling the same size and scope of stadium, but it is not the same as 90,000 idiots yelling. It needs to be a WIN. Go Buffs!!!

Yes, just below the concern level of USC, UCLA, ASU, U of A, UU, and whichever Pac-12 North teams CU plays next season. I’d put it right abive the concern level for CSU and whatever other team CU plays before the conference games.
Holy ****, I liked a Big Jim post!

Any concerns for the game in 2018 now that the whole UCF staff ( and Troy Walters) heading to Lincoln?

iecXqxC.gif

I think MM winning enough games to earn 2019 is a bigger concern for me.....
Seriously? You are rooting for the Nubs against CU? I get where people saw the writing on the wall with Hawkins and Embree. I was one of them, but I am far from giving up on MM. He has seriously upgraded the program since he took over. He deserves another year to prove his worth.

It's a non-conference game -- there are two primary concerns:
1. No injuries
2. Coaches getting sufficient opportunity to make personnel decisions and scheme tweaks before conference play.

It's a non-conference game -- there are two primary concerns:
1. No injuries
2. Coaches getting sufficient opportunity to make personnel decisions and scheme tweaks before conference play.

It's not preseason. **** the nubs. We need to go in and take this one. And no, I'm not worried about the new staff. I think Frost is in for a learning curve and won't have it all figured out yet.

Quick look at the Huskers and this is what I see:
- a 4-8 team that has lost its mojo as a program
- a new coaching staff, with the head coach out to restore the tradition that he was a part of
- They will be changing offensive systems. They should have the WR to handle the new system, but not sure if the OL can hold up.
- The D has been bad, and it doesn't look like they can reload with upgrades from a talent perspective. I am not as familiar with the d-coordinator and don't know if he can make up in scheme what he lacks in talent. UCF didn’t dominate teams on D, they outscored them, and then were opportunistic on the defensive side.
- From a recruiting/personnel standpoint: 2017 recruiting class ranked 20th with 20 recruits who signed. Three of those recruits didn't make it to the program, one other has left. They lost 2 of 3 D-linemen, and their lone DB. 2016 recruiting class ranked 24th with 21 recruits who signed. Three of those recruits are no longer on the roster; one Ath one DB one LB. 2015 recruiting class ranked 31st with 21 recruits who signed. Three of those recruits are no longer on the roster; one RB one WR one LB. 2014 recruiting class ranked 32nd with 25 recruits who signed. Of those 5 have used all of their eligibility and 10 are no longer on the roster; two DE three WR one Ath two DB one RB one QB.
- That puts them at 65 scholarship players who were recruited and will be on the roster next year (assuming no more attrition and not including the 2018 class). Not sure if they have had any transfers in from other schools.
- The 2018 class only has 11 signers and 2 commits. I assume they will be adding to that significantly in Feb as they are only at 78 scholarship athletes by my count.

When looking at the game the big factor is the coaching change. Can they get more out of their players, and do their systems match the talent that they have? History says year one is a rough one, but we will see.

Seriously? You are rooting for the Nubs against CU? I get where people saw the writing on the wall with Hawkins and Embree. I was one of them, but I am far from giving up on MM. He has seriously upgraded the program since he took over. He deserves another year to prove his worth.

Several things-Rooting for NU to beat us? **** no. That game is a small part of next year, and not a make-or-break is more my point. If we get to seven or eight wins with a loss there and a win we don't expect somewhere else, its still a success. As far as MM, I had season tickets for 2012, and I still remember how pissed off I was leaving the Sac State game that year. I'm not disputing that getting this thing back to where we were competitive was a job in itself, and he's done a great job there. I'm still singing the same tune I have for several months-This staff lost whatever goodwill they earned from last year by failing to make a bowl game this year (especially with the OOC we played), and he's on the hot seat going into the season-but he'll get all of it to prove he should get more time here.

Last edited:
Two things-One, he's getting all of 2018 to do so, but he's gotta get to a bowl to continue beyond that. My point with that post is more I'm going to look at the season as a whole-the NU game is 1/12th of it.
I see what you are saying. I was interpreting it as hoping he would lose so he wouldn't be back in 2019.

Back