What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

We need more talent than anything else - much of the roster is low level P5 talent or just plain garbage. Tucker is a sensational recruiter who has coordinated one of the best defenses in the country for the last three years, and you don't like him?

You've trashed Les Miles and now Mel Tucker. I have never seen you weigh in on your preferences - go on record and tell us who did you wanted to hire as head coach????

For your record—I wanted Lake, then Day. Tucker’s video’s don’t impress me and Adam’s got a quote from one of the UGA guys saying one of Tucker’s negatives is he can talk a lot without really saying anything.
I think the recruiting might not transfer from UGA to Boulder. I hope it can, it might not, if he puts together a dynamic, ace staff, I’ll start to feel better.

Sorry I’m not jumping for joy over your two favorite candidates, it’s okay, my opinion can be different and it might change, I hope it does.

I've been watching Mel Tucker pressers...I think if we get this guy he's going to be great for us. I like the way he handles himself, expresses himself, and speaks. Personally, I don't need a coach that "sounds good" or effortlessly rattles off coachy platitudes or whatever, I want a coach who knows how to connect with, and get the most out of his players and inspire them to be winners. He gives me that impression.

I also like the concept of hiring a guy who knows the **** out of defense and knows whether his defense is being run well or not. And I'd like to think a defense-minded HC would tend to over-hire on the OC position to compensate for his relative defense-mindedness, thus he may prioritize a really strong OC hire.

Guess we'll see!

Last edited:
Will officially be offered the position after a completed background check. That's all that is

I think he’s been entirely vetted, background checked and interviewed by the third party and has agreed to terms to be the next Colorado coach. Only thing left is for him to sign the contract after meeting with RG.

I think he’s been entirely vetted, background checked and interviewed by the third party and has agreed to terms to be the next Colorado coach. Only thing left is for him to sign the contract after meeting with RG.
Background check not completed

Pretty much this. I dont know why it would shock people. This has been all been handled through a 3rd party. I doubt MT and RG have even met yet. Tonight they will meet, have dinner, take a look at the facilities, agree on the offer, and announce it officially tomorrow (technically next week).

No, AD’s should meet/interview if they’re worth they’re salt. 3rd parties find, coordinate, and vet. If there’s an offer, I’m thinking they’ve interviewed each other somewhere already.

No, AD’s should meet/interview if they’re worth they’re salt. 3rd parties find, coordinate, and vet. If there’s an offer, I’m thinking they’ve interviewed each other somewhere already.
That is what tonight is for.

From an email, yes. From Adam as well. CU's background checks always take a few days. Don't know why.

Background checks do not take this long, who are we using for them, The Kushner Companies!!!
If he has worked for the Jaguars, Alabama, and Georgia, then he is a good dude
I get that we got burned by Tumpkins, but we have some serious momentum, get him confirmed

Back